Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

APR193 said:
APR193 said:
Red Bull worked for a few more years because after 2010 Webber was rarely a challenge for Vettel. Vettel clicked with Pirelli tyres and Webber didn't, they were very closely matched until 2011. Without any big change coming in anytime soon like the switch to Pirelli, you have to assume Hamilton/Rosberg will be as close as they have been more or less every year they are team mates.
Had nothing to do with the tyres it was the EBD that made Vettel unstoppable.
That wouldn't fully explain the sudden difference given Seb was just as much quicker than Mark when they got rid of EBD
Nope, he wasn't. It was when RB decided to change the car to Seb's liking in Singapore 2012 when he was miles ahead of Webber again. Up until Hungary that year, Mark and Seb were very close, certainly a lot closer than in 2011 and 2013.
Vettel has always been good at Sin/Jap/Kor/Ind races near the end of the season. Webber has some bad luck near the end but his qualifying results from Singapore onwards are much better and more consistent than the first half of the season, so the idea that the car didn't suit him anymore doesn't add up. His pace was still there, Vettel just did a better job on Sunday
APR193 said:
APR193 said:
Red Bull worked for a few more years because after 2010 Webber was rarely a challenge for Vettel. Vettel clicked with Pirelli tyres and Webber didn't, they were very closely matched until 2011. Without any big change coming in anytime soon like the switch to Pirelli, you have to assume Hamilton/Rosberg will be as close as they have been more or less every year they are team mates.
Had nothing to do with the tyres it was the EBD that made Vettel unstoppable.
That wouldn't fully explain the sudden difference given Seb was just as much quicker than Mark when they got rid of EBD
They only got rid of the EBD this year.
Regs were a lot more restrictive at the end of 2011 though and it didn't have anywhere near as much effect.
https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/505325121733951489

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/505324944260354048

http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2014/2014-belgian-grand-prix-team-statement/

So no penalty for Rosberg, Hamilton was right when he was referring to Mercedes as "school"
Again another management fail from Mercedes. Were saying they were going to give more than a slap on the wrist to Rosberg and then only slap him on the wrist. :L
This is how their meeting must've looked like

Wolff: Right guys, no more crashing into each other.
Lewis: Wait, what do you mean, he crashed into-

Lowe, Toto and Nico all turn to Lewis. Lewis sighs

Wolff: We have reviewed the footage and we have determined that, Lewis, you could have left more of a space.
Lewis: right... yeah, maybe I could've.
5 second silence
Nico: Look Lew, I'm sorry, it won't happen again.
Lewis: Damn right it won't!
Lowe: Lewis come on...
Lewis: yeah, okay guys.

handshakes all around, ciao

Not my idea btw. But pretty much what I think happened too.

Again another management fail from Mercedes. Were saying they were going to give more than a slap on the wrist to Rosberg and then only slap him on the wrist. :L

Wolff: We have reviewed the footage and we have determined that, Lewis, you could have left more of a space.
5 second silence

Not enough Terminator angst from Toto. 4/10
Mexicola said:

5 second silence

Not enough Terminator angst from Toto. 4/10
I should've mentioned he put his crazy Totonator-view on aswell.

• UP100 pinned this topic