Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

APR193 said:
Is it just me or does the look of the 2014 cars look just fine now? Looking back at photos from 2013 with the high noses, they look old. I've completely got used to the odd nose designs now, they look fine
No they're still hideous. In my opinion F1 cars haven't looked 'nice' since 2009. They're all just so ugly. 
Well there a lot nicer than the mid-late 90's cars. I know what Matt means though. I was watching a replay of Monaco 2013 a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how high the noses were.
Interesting fact I just now found out: Vettel after Monaco was 1400km down on Ricciardo in the RB10 in terms of distance covered. Tells you something about this season really. That is 870 miles which is basically a trip from Plymouth to Inverness and then Inverness down to Dumfries.
AMS97KRR said:

Class.
I lol'd but I kind of agree. The RB7 and RB9 looked very nice imo, you could already see that they were built to dominate. It was just the thing between the airbox and the wheel which put me off. The RB5,6 and 8 looked hideous because of the nose they used.

@ RP: I loved the F10 from the very moment they had to replace the Marlboro-barcode with pure red color. From then on, it looked stunning.

However, I also loved the sharkfins on the 2010 cars.

But my absolute favourite from the 2009-2013 era remains the MP4-27. One of the most beautiful cars ever, before and after they've changed the nose. Shame the team couldn't live up to the expectations and the cars potential that year.
AMS97KRR said:
Interesting fact I just now found out: Vettel after Monaco was 1400km down on Ricciardo in the RB10 in terms of distance covered. Tells you something about this season really. That is 870 miles which is basically a trip from Plymouth to Inverness and then Inverness down to Dumfries.
Does this compensate for 5 more years of experience at the RB-Racing Team. That's 1825 days of extra experience within the team. Or 43800 hours. Or 26280000 minutes. Or 157680000 seconds.

Or a sh*tload of time. ;) Please take this comment in good humour.
AMS97KRR said:

Class.
I lol'd but I kind of agree. The RB7 and RB9 looked very nice imo, you could already see that they were built to dominate. It was just the thing between the airbox and the wheel which put me off. The RB5,6 and 8 looked hideous because of the nose they used.

@ RP: I loved the F10 from the very moment they had to replace the Marlboro-barcode with pure red color. From then on, it looked stunning.

However, I also loved the sharkfins on the 2010 cars.

But my absolute favourite from the 2009-2013 era remains the MP4-27. One of the most beautiful cars ever, before and after they've changed the nose. Shame the team couldn't live up to the expectations and the cars potential that year.
I completely agree. I even preferred it after they changed the nose, a beautiful car.

Also, I love the look of the 2012 RB8, lovely

APR193 said:
Is it just me or does the look of the 2014 cars look just fine now? Looking back at photos from 2013 with the high noses, they look old. I've completely got used to the odd nose designs now, they look fine
No they're still hideous. In my opinion F1 cars haven't looked 'nice' since 2009. They're all just so ugly. 
Well there a lot nicer than the mid-late 90's cars. I know what Matt means though. I was watching a replay of Monaco 2013 a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how high the noses were.
I actually like the mid-late 90s cars haha, 96 Benetton is probably my fave F1 car ever.
APR193 said:
Completely disagree. The late 90's gave some of the best looking cars, like the 1999 Jordan E99, the 97 and 98 Williams, the 99 Stewart.
  • UP100 pinned this topic