Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Jiggy said:
APR193 said:
Is it just me or does the look of the 2014 cars look just fine now? Looking back at photos from 2013 with the high noses, they look old. I've completely got used to the odd nose designs now, they look fine
No they're still hideous. In my opinion F1 cars haven't looked 'nice' since 2009. They're all just so ugly. 
Well there a lot nicer than the mid-late 90's cars. I know what Matt means though. I was watching a replay of Monaco 2013 a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how high the noses were.
Completely disagree. The late 90's gave some of the best looking cars, like the 1999 Jordan E99, the 97 and 98 Williams, the 99 Stewart.
You LIKE this

The only era of F1 cars I don't like.My favorite is the late 90's;.  The Jordan 191 is still my favorite F1 car of all time.

Jiggy said:
APR193 said:
Is it just me or does the look of the 2014 cars look just fine now? Looking back at photos from 2013 with the high noses, they look old. I've completely got used to the odd nose designs now, they look fine
No they're still hideous. In my opinion F1 cars haven't looked 'nice' since 2009. They're all just so ugly. 
Well there a lot nicer than the mid-late 90's cars. I know what Matt means though. I was watching a replay of Monaco 2013 a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how high the noses were.
Completely disagree. The late 90's gave some of the best looking cars, like the 1999 Jordan E99, the 97 and 98 Williams, the 99 Stewart.
You LIKE this

The only era of F1 cars I don't like.My favorite is the late 90's;.  The Jordan 191 is still my favorite F1 car of all time.

I don't even think Jordan raced with those things in 1998. Take those things away, which were the exception unlike the shit that are the cars of today, and yes, I do like them a whole lot more than the platy-penis combo we have nowadays, not to mention the bus stop house that goes for a rear wing.
Jiggy said:
Jiggy said:
APR193 said:
You LIKE this : 

I don't even think Jordan raced with those things in 1998. Take those things away, which were the exception unlike the shit that are the cars of today, and yes, I do like them a whole lot more than the platy-penis combo we have nowadays, not to mention the bus stop house that goes for a rear wing.
Take away those wings and I still think there ugly. Uglier than todays cars too imo. Like I already said , it's the only era of F1 cars I don't like.
Did another track edit, so take a look! It's the second chicane at Monza (T4/T5) and I've basically made it much tighter which I think may give more overtaking opportunities. I've also widened the apex point to promote overtaking.

• UP100 pinned this topic