Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

mike96 said:
So now the cars will have large buttholes as well as male genitalia. I really wouldn't wanna see the result of a rear end collision...
A GP2 car perhaps? :P
It'd be embarassing if the cars involved were Marussias and Caterhams. How can the offspring be faster than their parents?

yugin96 said:
mike96 said:
So now the cars will have large buttholes as well as male genitalia. I really wouldn't wanna see the result of a rear end collision...
A GP2 car perhaps? :P
It'd be embarassing if the cars involved were Marussias and Caterhams. How can the offspring be faster than their parents?
Natural selection & evoloution?

News from Venezuela. The country's new sports minister was quoted as saying something along the lines of:

"I know I am going to make some enemies, but there will not be another dollar for motorsport"

If he's frightened of making enemies with that statement I'd suggest he pay a visit to Europe, and more specifically Enstone's spare part facilities. I think he'd find he would soon make some friends again. 

VetteIfan said:
News from Venezuela. The country's new sports minister was quoted as saying something along the lines of:

"I know I am going to make some enemies, but there will not be another dollar for motorsport"

If he's frightened of making enemies with that statement I'd suggest he pay a visit to Europe, and more specifically Enstone's spare part facilities. I think he'd find he would soon make some friends again. 
Where'd you find that ? I expect Maldonado to be replaced before the end of the season if this is true.

fIsince08 said:
That's the end of Canada then, no contract beyond this season, gets a cheap deal and too many races for next year.
not necessarily if they extend it to 20 like they did in 2012 or they might alternate with  Spa like they originally planned to a couple of years ago or something

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24231/9320500/pastor-maldonado-accepts-hes-made-more-mistakes-than-he-should-have-recently

"It was never easy. I did some mistakes, I accept that - I always accept my mistakes."

Personality disorder as well.. 
/:)

FP2 was an absolute bore for the first 80 minutes, but the last ten were quite exciting to watch. First glimpse of the drivers pushing hard on supersofts in tricky conditions, and it was awesome.

Pity for Raikkonen, another mechanical issue. Bad luck won't cease for him...

Edit: Whoops, this belongs in the Monaco GP thread. My bad.

Ouch Lewis

I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dad’s apartment - and Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things - so the hunger is different.

fIsince08 said:
Ouch Lewis

I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dad’s apartment - and Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things - so the hunger is different.
Lewis pretending he had no oppertunities, apart from the fact McLaren basically carried him most of the way.

C'mon KRT, McLaren didn't support him from his birth on. Rosberg on the other hand was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Huge difference. Lewis had to prove his talent to get the support, Rosberg had it from day1 with his World-Champion daddy alongside him. Another huge difference.

I'm not saying that Nico is in F1 only due to that, but it surely opens some important doors with the circumstances he had.

• The topic was pinned