Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Wow, that's the end of me following him!

You know I mentioned becoming a writer on F1 Update? My first post is here on what I think should happen with safety after the incident.

http://www.f1update.co.uk/F1/what-can-be-learnt-from-suzuka/

And something else, the Azerbaijan track layout has been revealed! It looks crap!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bakugrandprix/15283778100/

EDIT2: Azerbaijan link didn't copy for some reason, fixed!

I would sue this scumbag for defamation. Or anything that comes close to that in International Law.
While I agree this guy is scum. If international defamation law is anything like US defamation law, defamation isn't gonna work mostly because the comment is only false and not defamatory. Plus since Jules is a public figure there needs to be actual damages stemming from the alleged defamatory remark... which there isn't. Also it's written implying libel which has whole other issues regarding the outlet (Twitter). My torts professor would be so proud.
I would sue this scumbag for defamation. Or anything that comes close to that in International Law.
While I agree this guy is scum. If international defamation law is anything like US defamation law, defamation isn't gonna work mostly because the comment is only false and not defamatory. Plus since Jules is a public figure there needs to be actual damages stemming from the alleged defamatory remark... which there isn't. Also it's written implying libel which has whole other issues regarding the outlet (Twitter). My torts professor would be so proud.
Hence why I said "anything that comes close". I only know austrian law and over here defamation can be interpreted in a wider range, if you get what I mean.

But I agree, defamation isn't the right word for this. Guess I let my anger take over control for a moment.
Hence why I said "anything that comes close". I only know austrian law and over here defamation can be interpreted in a wider range, if you get what I mean.

But I agree, defamation isn't the right word for this. Guess I let my anger take over control for a moment.
No I completely understand... I don't know what law would even apply (jurisdictionaly speaking) let alone what that law even says. I agree that he shouldn't just be able to spout bull$#&% without some consequence. Hopefully enough people will realize he has no idea what he's talking about and stop following/listening to him.

No I completely understand... I don't know what law would even apply (jurisdictionaly speaking) let alone what that law even says. I agree that he shouldn't just be able to spout bull$#&% without some consequence. Hopefully enough people will realize he has no idea what he's talking about and stop following/listening to him.
Where I live it is illegal to spread rumours about people as long as these rumours interfere with their personality rights. But it's tough to find a proper regulation for that. It would be a hell of a lot easier if he had just called Jules names.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic. It's just another legal loophole for utter morons in our quickly developing world which needs to be fixed imo.
Not to take the thread in a different direction, but no. No. No no no no no no no no no no no no. 

No.

Go back to court Bernie, it's was nice when you weren't around.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/10/07/azerbaijan-street-circuit-layout-2016-european-grand-prix-irevealed/

Why the European Grand Prix? The majority of Azerbaijan is bloody Asian!

I've never liked that Monsieur F1 git, and so what if he correctly predicted moves in the past, tweeting something like that is just not on. Completely bullsh*t claims and writing as if they are facts. He's worse than Benson.
I've never liked that Monsieur F1 git, and so what if he correctly predicted moves in the past, tweeting something like that is just not on. Completely bullsh*t claims and writing as if they are facts. He's worse than Benson.
He's not even done that. This season he predicted Vettel to go to Mclaren, Hamilton to go to Red Bull, Alonso to go to Mercedes and Hulkenberg to go to Ferrari. Needless to say, none of this stuff is going to happen. Just another sensationalist twitter account designed and aimed at gaining followers. When he's doing that by tweeting bullsh*t F1 news it's annoying, but when he's doing that by spreading fake rumours relating to a person fighting for his life in hospital it's downright disgusting. 
Not to take the thread in a different direction, but no. No. No no no no no no no no no no no no. 

No.

Go back to court Bernie, it's was nice when you weren't around.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/10/07/azerbaijan-street-circuit-layout-2016-european-grand-prix-irevealed/

Why the European Grand Prix? The majority of Azerbaijan is bloody Asian!

This track in Baku Azerbaijan is used for the FIA GT championships so why not F1, wouldn't mind another Monaco style race.

Interesting rumours about this weekend. Some say Marussia will only run with Chilton, others say Stevens will race here and Rossi the rest, some say Di Resta will be back and finally others say Rossi will see the season out.

One has to be right...
fIsince08 said:
Interesting rumours about this weekend. Some say Marussia will only run with Chilton, others say Stevens will race here and Rossi the rest, some say Di Resta will be back and finally others say Rossi will see the season out.

One has to be right...
I'd bet on Rossi given he's supposed to be the reserve driver I think.
They must be in a very tough situation to be honest. Home GP and all, they have to run something but at the same time can they physically run two cars? If they can certainly Rossi should be next in line to drive. But given Russian-US relations how will it look giving an American a drive in a Russian car in Russia. Hopefully that has nothing to do with their decision though.
mike96 said:
Is this a credible site for f1 news? If so, looks like Hamilton is going back to McLaren!

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/hamilton-signs-for-mclaren-for-2015
From what I read it's equal to "The Sun" so I don't think so..
I hope so. I think i'd want Lewis to stay at Mercedes, since it could still be quite dominant next year. The McLaren-Honda could be great, but seems unlikely for the first year.
  • UP100 pinned this topic