Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

APR193 said:
fIsince08 said:
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/535800683438428160

Piss off Horner.
If it's cheaper and louder (and doesn't take noticeable performance away) its a big thumbs up from me
But can't you appreciate the huge engineering success of the ERS system? It's incredible so much can be saved. Forget about the loudness, this season has been incredible and post Bahrain it's rarely been mentioned.
Pricing is maybe an issue, but if the money was spread more equally it wouldn't make a difference!
fIsince08 said:
APR193 said:
fIsince08 said:
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/535800683438428160

Piss off Horner.
If it's cheaper and louder (and doesn't take noticeable performance away) its a big thumbs up from me
But can't you appreciate the huge engineering success of the ERS system? It's incredible so much can be saved. Forget about the loudness, this season has been incredible and post Bahrain it's rarely been mentioned.
Pricing is maybe an issue, but if the money was spread more equally it wouldn't make a difference!
Of course its great, but I wouldn't be upset if they got rid of it. I personally have found the season boring, its been no better than the last 4/5 plus the cars are ugly and sound awful. Sounds don't get mentioned enough but does that mean they're better? The noses don't get mentioned as much but they're still as embarrassing as they were at round 1, same with the sounds. And the money doesn't need to be spread much more equally imo, Ferrari/Mclaren etc just need to get less for just being there
They aren't suggesting those kind of things for the fans though. He (or was it Marko) also said that the aero-rules should be cut down to enable a "drivers championship rather than a engineers championship" which is utter BS.

Everything they say, is because of their own interest. As is with every team on the grid of course.
Mattiaci was an idiot to say those kind of things. You can blame Fernando for a lot of things, but not for this.
I've been against Mattiaci right from the beginning. I don't think he realises Alonso's quality and is getting rid of him to replace him by a guy who is being beaten by his teammate in his first year in a top car. Idiotic.
Mattiaci was an idiot to say those kind of things. You can blame Fernando for a lot of things, but not for this.
I've been against Mattiaci right from the beginning. I don't think he realises Alonso's quality and is getting rid of him to replace him by a guy who is being beaten by his teammate in his first year in a top car. Idiotic.
Speaking of this, I think it was Kravitz who asked Alonso why Ferrari signed 2 drivers for 2015 who were dominated by their teammates this year. His reply: "Ask Marco Sunday" 

Nope, not trolling, I state opinion and I get hit with the troll stick huh?

One bad season and he jumps ship, so much for this amazing "work ethic" he has.... All the help that team has given him and he does not pay them back by staying and trying to help them get back to the level they were at before, not even half a season and he decides to leave. :(
SASBlink said:

One bad season and he jumps ship, so much for this amazing "work ethic" he has.... All the help that team has given him and he does not pay them back by staying and trying to help them get back to the level they were at before, not even half a season and he decides to leave. :(
He had the chance to go to the most Iconic team in the sport and you are saying he "jumped ship". Wow.

It really annoys me you know, everyone saying he has to go to another team and prove himself, he leaves RBR and people whine and complain that he jumped ship for x or y reason.
SASBlink said:

He's made no secret of the fact he's wanted to go to Ferrari his entire career. You remember when there was all that talk at the end of 2012 that Vettel was going to move to Ferrari in 2014? Well, that was probably going to happen before Alonso vetoed it. The opportunity has just happened to open up now at a time when he was struggling at Red Bull
  • UP100 pinned this topic