Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Mclaren need their a colour of their own in general. Every top team has their "own" colour, so to speak. Mercedes already owns silver, Red Bull owns blue, Ferrari owns red and Williams owns white. The obvious choice would be orange for history's sake and as the main colour of their road car company and current title sponsor (SAP) but sadly I can't see them doing it. 
VetteIfan said:
Mclaren need their a colour of their own in general. Every top team has their "own" colour, so to speak. Mercedes already owns silver, Red Bull owns blue, Ferrari owns red and Williams owns white. The obvious choice would be orange for history's sake and as the main colour of their road car company and current title sponsor (SAP) but sadly I can't see them doing it. 
That's not really Mclaren. Apart from the orange , they've always had the livery based on the title sponsor. Just too corporate imo. I'm really getting sick and tired of this chrome though. I really hope they change it for next year.
So, according to AMuS the F1 commission has apparently scrapped standing safety car restarts and double points for 2015. Best news in a while for F1, and it's good to know double points will hopefully fall in to realms of history having not affected anything. 

The radio clampdown has also been scrapped, driver/pit wall chatter is unrestricted again from 2015. Probably a positive move on the whole as well. It wasn't a well thought out rule for the vast amount of situations that might occur, plus it's very difficult to police. 
If it wasn't for double points, the final standing would have been:
Hamilton 359
Rosberg 317
Ricciardo 226
Bottas 161
Vettel 159
Alonso 157
Massa 116
Button 116 (Massa stays ahead on countback)
Hulkenberg 88
Magnussen 55 ( ^1 )
Perez 53 ( v1 )
Raikkonen 53 (Perez stays ahead on countback)

All other driver have same points and do not move

VetteIfan said:
So, according to AMuS the F1 commission has apparently scrapped standing safety car restarts and double points for 2015. Best news in a while for F1, and it's good to know double points will hopefully fall in to realms of history having not affected anything. 

The radio clampdown has also been scrapped, driver/pit wall chatter is unrestricted again from 2015. Probably a positive move on the whole as well. It wasn't a well thought out rule for the vast amount of situations that might occur, plus it's very difficult to police. 
Which reminds me , did Rosberg not get penalised for them radio calls the team made trying to help get his car fixed ? I know it doesn't make a difference but it just goes to show how badly thought out the rule was.
VetteIfan said:

Which reminds me , did Rosberg not get penalised for them radio calls the team made trying to help get his car fixed ? I know it doesn't make a difference but it just goes to show how badly thought out the rule was.
Not as far as I know he didn't besides I think the malfunctions he was experiencing were bad enough anyway
CM posted a status on FB asking what the best moment of the season was and the most liked comment was Bianchi's points in Monaco. 

Was it really? Without being offensive, they are only saying that because of what happened at Suzuka. They probably didn't even care 2 races after it happened, I hate it when people do this. 
People do the same with Senna (Although that is a tougher one because he genuinely could be the best) and I cannot help but feel a lot of people just say it and that not many people want to talk badly of him because he died. 

I dunno, that comment just seemed like an attention seeking post rather than an actual opinion on the best moment. Sure it was cool and everyone was happy for them at the time but the best moment? Probably not, most Hamilton, Ricciardo, Williams and Rosberg fans would probably disagree.
  • UP100 pinned this topic