Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

WEC is fast becoming the top form of motorsport. It's attracting big drivers, it's rapidly catching F1 in popularity stakes and with Nissan entering next year the LMP1 section will be fielding 4 manufacturers. I can see why many F1 drivers at the moment are considering to be such an enticing proposition. Good on Hulkenberg.  

Well that's no massive surprise for me and great for Sainz, but in a way that's a shame for Alex Lynn because I can't see Ricciardo/Kvyat and Verstappen/Sainz changing for 2016 either, unless Verstappen or Sainz fails massively, so Lynn will miss out on a drive at Toro Rosso it seems.

That's good for Formula Renault 3.5 though because that's now two years in succession where the champion has been promoted to Formula 1. Look at GP2, the last 2, maybe even 3 champions all haven't made the cut.
Oh wow, thinking about it, only McLaren, Marussia and Caterham haven't confirmed their driver line ups yet and I'm 99% sure both Marussia and Caterham won't race next season, meaning it's between Alonso, Button and Magnussen to fight for the McLaren seats.
Well that's no massive surprise for me and great for Sainz, but in a way that's a shame for Alex Lynn because I can't see Ricciardo/Kvyat and Verstappen/Sainz changing for 2016 either, unless Verstappen or Sainz fails massively, so Lynn will miss out on a drive at Toro Rosso it seems.

That's good for Formula Renault 3.5 though because that's now two years in succession where the champion has been promoted to Formula 1. Look at GP2, the last 2, maybe even 3 champions all haven't made the cut.
I don't watch FR3.5 or GP2, but I find that ridiculous. You can't market something as the feeder series to F1 if it simply isn't. If you're going to market GP2 as the feeder to F1 you need to make it mandatory for any new driver to have driven at least one season in GP2. 
 PeteTheDuck said:
Oh wow, thinking about it, only McLaren, Marussia and Caterham haven't confirmed their driver line ups yet and I'm 99% sure both Marussia and Caterham won't race next season, meaning it's between Alonso, Button and Magnussen to fight for the McLaren seats.

How does the whole Caterham/Marussia thing affect the McLaren lineup? :p  
  • UP100 pinned this topic