Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

mike96 said:
 PeteTheDuck said:
Oh wow, thinking about it, only McLaren, Marussia and Caterham haven't confirmed their driver line ups yet and I'm 99% sure both Marussia and Caterham won't race next season, meaning it's between Alonso, Button and Magnussen to fight for the McLaren seats.

How does the whole Caterham/Marussia thing affect the McLaren lineup? :p  
You not heard? McLaren haven't announced yet as they can't decide if Chilton or Alonso would be a better driver for them :p
APR193 said:
mike96 said:
 PeteTheDuck said:
Oh wow, thinking about it, only McLaren, Marussia and Caterham haven't confirmed their driver line ups yet and I'm 99% sure both Marussia and Caterham won't race next season, meaning it's between Alonso, Button and Magnussen to fight for the McLaren seats.

How does the whole Caterham/Marussia thing affect the McLaren lineup? :p  
You not heard? McLaren haven't announced yet as they can't decide if Chilton or Alonso would be a better driver for them :p
Nah, that fifth place in the WCC meant they don't need Chilton's money anymore.
Fun fact of the day: the combined age of Toro Rosso's lineup is 37. Only 2 years older than Kimi Raikkonen. Happy for Sainz though. After losing out to Kvyat last year and then initially Verstappen again this year he's had to wait a while for that seat.

The problem is Toro Rosso have now got themselves in to the same situation as they did in 2012. Two new young drivers in the team with no reference point. It's gonna be difficult to tell if they're stars or whether they're just plain ordinary. Unless one comprehensively outperforms the other.
VetteIfan said:
Fun fact of the day: the combined age of Toro Rosso's lineup is 37. Only 2 years older than Kimi Raikkonen. Happy for Sainz though. After losing out to Kvyat last year and then initially Verstappen again this year he's had to wait a while for that seat.

The problem is Toro Rosso have now got themselves in to the same situation as they did in 2012. Two new young drivers in the team with no reference point. It's gonna be difficult to tell if they're stars or whether they're just plain ordinary. Unless one comprehensively outperforms the other.
I think Sainz is going to do the better job of the two next season. I think Verstappen just doesn't have the experience yet and that will help Sainz in his first year.
VetteIfan said:

I think Sainz is going to do the better job of the two next season. I think Verstappen just doesn't have the experience yet and that will help Sainz in his first year.
I don't know. I'm on the Verstappen bandwagon, so if I was more of a betting man I'd put my money on him. But either way it's going to be one of the most interesting teammate fights next season to watch for sure. 
I think Toro Rosso now has my favourite driver line up for next season , along side Mclaren should they have an Alonso-Button partnership. I think Sainz has the potential to become a WDC but so does Verstappen. So many drivers who could become a WDC now that I think about it. Ricciardo , Bottas , Kvyat , Sainz Jr , Verstappen , Rosberg (although he's not that young anymore) Magnussen , Vandoorn , Ocon and Bianchi (although that probably won't happen anymore sadly.)
No lack of commitment from SV anyway. His contract at Red Bull was only up yesterday. And even before his contract was up he made an unannounced visit to the Ferrari garage during the testing on Tuesday. Despite it apparently being in breach of contract. 

If Ferrari's level of car design is as high as Vettel's passion for Ferrari, they should have no worries. 
Ferrari always have the potential to deliver a awesome car, but will they? its not likely tbh....

Just thinking, what was favourite team up of drivers of the recent era?  Ham and button at mclaren was a good watch. Alonso and massa at ferrari was another only beacuse of my bias towards both of them but i think my no1 was Kobiashi and perez at sauber a few years back, both had good cars, both over doing loads of overtaking and doing mega long stints on the self destructing perrelis... it was just exciting to watch! :D
I've heard rumours about the 2015-Ferrari being 2 seconds slower than the current one in the windtunnel.

Rumours are rumours but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I was a Vettel(-)fan. ;)

Tho, seeing Sebastian in a Ferrari is quite a cool thing to see.
I've heard the same rumours, although I've not heard of a quantifiable figure until now. 2 seconds sounds a bit excessive. 

Any hope I harbour lies more long term than 2015. Considering Vettel was told during contract negotiations it will be a few years at least before Ferrari can be consistently winning again, I'd be kidding myself thinking there's a fruitful season of success coming up. 
I've heard rumours about the 2015-Ferrari being 2 seconds slower than the current one in the windtunnel.

Rumours are rumours but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I was a Vettel(-)fan. ;)

2 Seconds? That is definitely a load of crap. 
AMS97KRR said:

2 Seconds? That is definitely a load of crap. 
Famous last words. ;)

If it was 2 seconds slower couldn't they just enter the F14T considering the regulations are virtually the same ?
  • UP100 pinned this topic