Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Wow, where's the sudden forum love for India come from? :p

I do agree though. I find Korea a really fun track to be honest. Got a bit of everything, and 2010 and 2013 were some great races. I don't think India is as good for racing, but the atmosphere is fantastic. A country which is actually passionate about motorsport, despite limited involvement. Just for that I think it would be a shame if 2013 was the last time we'll see it on the calendar. 

In an ideal world I wouldn't mind seeing both back on the calendar by 2016, and ditch Azerbaijan instead. I normally like to give everywhere a chance, but that circuit looks really really terrible. 
Korea is a good track, it's just in an awful place. If it was built near Seoul then there would be a great atmosphere for the event, but the government decided it'd be better to build a track in a swamp near some hotels where you can rent rooms by the hour.
mike96 said:
Platy said:
Korea is a good track, it's just in an awful place. If it was built near Seoul then there would be a great atmosphere for the event, but the government decided it'd be better to build a track in a swamp near some hotels where you can rent rooms by the hour.
Never say never
Shame it'll be a street race, it'd be great if they could move the track to Seoul.
Just a small technicality about Korea that Benson of all people brought up. The rules said that this season PU allowance would be 4 per part, down from 5. There was a clause though - this would only happen if the initial calendar had 20 or less races.

So by adding a TBC 21st race, it allows the teams to go back to 5 for next season and it doesn't matter if it is dropped or not, it'll still be 5.
mike96 said:
Wow, according to Bild, 64 trophies were stolen from the Red Bull factory.
Maybe Seb wasn't too happy Red Bull didn't give him his car...
I remember that McLaren would not give Hamilton his trophies, Maybe Redbull did the same same to Seb and he just said **** it and **** you" and just stole them back? :grinning: 
Absolutely disgusting, feel so sorry for everyone at that team, all the hard work for those trophies and some scumbags ruin it for them. Apparently the cars used to ram the doors down was foreign too, unbelievable :(
Lolz, a tad emotional guys?

Those trophies are most likely some cheap replicas, they'll get new cheap replicas and all will be good. No need to make such a fuss out of that.
And all of these trophies should have been at Newey's house beforehand anyway.

Wait a minute....

Those trophies are most likely some cheap replicas, they'll get new cheap replicas and all will be good. No need to make such a fuss out of that.

Wait a minute....
Not at all, imagine how you'd feel if you'd worked there for those years, won all those races and they all got stolen, the place where you work being broken into, I'd be very upset. So what if they're replicas. Maybe you have no emotions.

Wait a minute....
Not at all, imagine how you'd feel if you'd worked there for those years, won all those races and they all got stolen, the place where you work being broken into, I'd be very upset. So what if they're replicas. Maybe you have no emotions.
Replicas mean absolutely nothing though? Its not the trophy they worked years for, they'll get new copies made within a week or two tops
  • UP100 pinned this topic