Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Britpoint said:
Yeah, he and Brundle went straight to F1 from British F3. Although not sure if it's really a fair comparison as feeder series were very different back in those days.
Goodness, you're right! Well I think back then F3 was higher up in the feeder series rankings than it is now, perhaps the equivalent to GP3? 
It's quite hard to judge, but by rating old championships on the same level as their equivalent modern day counterparts, the following drivers would not have made their F1 debuts when they did under the current super license rules:

Schumacher
Senna
Hakkinen
Villeneuve (Gilles)
Clark
Alonso
Vettel
Button
Raikkonen
Ricciardo
Massa
Verstappen (Max)
Carlos Sainz Jr

I can see the FIA's point. Bunch of amateurs.
Here is what we've all been waiting for, the Live races for BBC this year. 
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9634413/lewis-hamilton-begins-f1-title-defence-exclusively-live-on-sky-sports-f1

I don't know why again the beeb didn't get the first race, the time zone?

Anyway they missed out the US and Mexico for damn Russia, why?
The good news is Brazil and Abu Dhab are live as well as Spa and Silverstone. 
A surprisingly not well thought out comment from Nico, considering he's 30 himself later this year. Lewis has plenty of ammunition to make a comeback to that one.

Found it difficult to believe tbh though when the realisation hit me that Lewis is 30 now. I hope I'm not the only one who feels really old?
VetteIfan said:
Found it difficult to believe tbh though when the realisation hit me that Lewis is 30 now. I hope I'm not the only one who feels really old?
I can't believe he's 30 either. I remember watching his first F1 race when he was 22 and I can't believe he's been in F1 for eight years now! I was 10 years old when he first started racing, I don't know where the time has gone.

Also, I do feel old now when I think Max Verstappen is racing this season and he's actually younger than me.
VetteIfan said:
I can't believe he's 30 either. I remember watching his first F1 race when he was 22 and I can't believe he's been in F1 for eight years now! I was 10 years old when he first started racing, I don't know where the time has gone.

Also, I do feel old now when I think Max Verstappen is racing this season and he's actually younger than me.
Well, imagine how Button, Raikkonen and Alonso feel since they raced against his father :p
Looking at the original and the revamped circuit, I am going ahead on a limp and say that it's not a good track in general. And now it's just overly simplistic because of my precious run-off areas, but those extended versions of Becketts also looked ridiciolous if you ask me.
  • UP100 pinned this topic