Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Formula 1 coverage in Australia will be dead soon with Channel 10 (FTA) doing a deal with Foxtel to share the coverage from Melbourne onwards. Channel 10 will only get 10 lives races while Foxtel will have 20 live races, the rest of the races on channel 10 will be shown in a one hour highlights shown the Monday after the race.

Pretty annoyed to be honest i'll watch Melbourne but don't know if i will watch anymore races after that.

Daily Telegraph 
Formula 1 coverage in Australia will be dead soon with Channel 10 (FTA) doing a deal with Foxtel to share the coverage from Melbourne onwards. Channel 10 will only get 10 lives races while Foxtel will have 20 live races, the rest of the races on channel 10 will be shown in a one hour highlights shown the Monday after the race.

Pretty annoyed to be honest i'll watch Melbourne but don't know if i will watch anymore races after that.

Daily Telegraph 
That's practically no different to how it's shown in the UK.
I actually disagree with them running the 2014 car in any shape or form. Even if they are backmarkers, what's the point of the article rules if a team can just be exempt from them when they get in trouble. It sets a dangerous precedent for the future if another team goes bust and uses the policy of "Well Marrusia/Manor were excused from Rule X so it's fine if can we be excused from Rule Y now, right?". 

• UP100 pinned this topic