Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

So drivers will be banned from changing their helmet design mid season now! Of all the apparent problems they could try and fix in F1, and they choose that... Yet another perfect example of F1 fixing a problem that never existed.
Also read that a FIA-approved study showed that costs could've been halved, only for Ferrari and McLaren to flat out refused to talk about cost saving, because, get this, the strategy group agreed not to talk about these sort of topics. Seriously, I'm starting to think F1 almost wants to die, because they're really digging their own grave here. They're doing this to themselves. I don't remember F1 being this much of a joke in my entire life and I was there when Jacques Villeneuve became World Champion.
I like the idea of banning helmet changes, but I think they've done it for the wrong reasons, never mind! The big teams need to learn to stop being greedy sods, because when the sport is left with just them and viewing figures fall even further, they'll begin wondering why on earth they're losing so much money.
AMS97KRR said:
What an absolute joke. The FIA, Bernie Ecclestone and the sport itself is just one big joke right now. Killing itself and solving problems that don't exist. 
How many more years does F1 have then?
Force India, Sauber and Lotus to be gone within 5 years, then once a manufacturer starts coming last they'll pull out and we'll be left with six cars.
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
What an absolute joke. The FIA, Bernie Ecclestone and the sport itself is just one big joke right now. Killing itself and solving problems that don't exist. 
How many more years does F1 have then?
Force India, Sauber and Lotus to be gone within 5 years, then once a manufacturer starts coming last they'll pull out and we'll be left with six cars.
Only then Ecclestone will be kicked out, and the good for nothing FIA will stop employing apes (themselves) and try to do something. Sad thing is it'll be too late. 

While a boycot of races for the smaller teams might seem bad, if it means that FIA pull their finger out and try to sort the financial situation sooner rather than later it can only be a good thing.
It's going to be awkward to see a 92-year-old Bernie (because you'll know he's going to be the first human being to live past 150) complain about race-winner selfies in the paddock like it's the biggest problem in the world after all 4 drivers finished the race.
  • UP100 pinned this topic