Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

He's looking to get money from Sauber. They're obviously not going to let him race, being this close to the start of the season, so he's hoping they'll get desperate and pay him off.

The funny part is that everybody could've seen it coming, Sauber has a history of promising seats to drivers and then just act like it never happened, with Sirotkin as a recent example. It could now backfire though.

I don't rate the guy but if Sauber promised him a drive and took his money based on that promise then they should be honouring that. He has every right to take them to court over it. The reasons Sauber have given why he can't are poor at best anyway. By the same logic, neither of the Manor drivers should be allowed to race either. Magnussen to some extent too. It's not like Van der Garde has never driven an F1 car before and doesn't have a super license.
They've either got to pay him back everything he paid into the team to get the seat this year or let him drive.

mike96 said:
Now that's SO weird

https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/status/574917169600991234
It's not quite as bad as Lewis' dogs having their own Instagram account. But it's still pretty cringy.

Unlike Lewis' dogs though, the Mclaren engines will be dead by Sunday. And everyone knows you can't tweet when you're dead. 

VetteIfan said:
mike96 said:
Now that's SO weird

https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/status/574917169600991234
It's not quite as bad as Lewis' dogs having their own Instagram account. But it's still pretty cringy.

Unlike Lewis' dogs though, the Mclaren engines will be dead by Sunday. And everyone knows you can't tweet when you're dead. 

This would've been an amazing line if you didn't mix Mercedes with Honda.

Jiggy said:
Technically, Adrian Sutil also has a contract for this season, so.....if he really wanted to...
He already has but just wants money.
Kaltenborn is supposed to be a lawyer don't want her on my case!

Well, I guess Sauber wish we had three car teams...

fIsince08 said:
I like the idea of banning helmet changes, but I think they've done it for the wrong reasons, never mind! The big teams need to learn to stop being greedy sods, because when the sport is left with just them and viewing figures fall even further, they'll begin wondering why on earth they're losing so much money.
I agree and today's race wasn't the most exciting either I think the last few years were pretty good race wise but today's was a bit boring in comparison to what I'd have expected. I'm not writing it off yet as it's only race 1 and I'd like to at least give it until we reach Europe but usually we see more action than that in the first race of a new season so it is troubling.

• UP100 pinned this topic