Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

Part of that might be coming from very, very speculative rumors that Renault is looking to take over the Red Bull Racing-team. Renault wants to become a team after all because it promotes their brand better than just engines and Red Bull, the company, feels that they've basically maximized all the potential they could've gained, based on commercial successes, in F1, so in an effort to reduce costs (because the profits of 2014 were lower than expected), they would be willing to continue with their smaller team, but sell the main team to Renault.

Dutch commentator spoke of these rumors, but also pointed out that it's an incredibly vague one that could be mostly guesswork and theories created out of the current Red Bull-Renault conflict.

Jiggy said:
Part of that might be coming from very, very speculative rumors that Renault is looking to take over the Red Bull Racing-team. Renault wants to become a team after all because it promotes their brand better than just engines and Red Bull, the company, feels that they've basically maximized all the potential they could've gained, based on commercial successes, in F1, so in an effort to reduce costs (because the profits of 2014 were lower than expected), they would be willing to continue with their smaller team, but sell the main team to Renault.

Dutch commentator spoke of these rumors, but also pointed out that it's an incredibly vague one that could be mostly guesswork and theories created out of the current Red Bull-Renault conflict.
I don't know about that as they already had one before selling it to Lotus but I guess we'llsee

Toto Wolff telling Horner to F****** get your head down work  harder to catch us, it's not just the Bulls who need to work harder its the rest of the field as well.

Grandprixtimes
And Toto is not wrong. Rather than cry and whine because things aren't going well for them anymore, do as Toto said and get there on merit, not because you want the FIA to slow Mercedes down.

mike96 said:
Trolling at it's best

https://twitter.com/MonsieurF1/status/577558114628665344
In reply to that tweet, I said:

https://twitter.com/MrMattBirkett/status/577875946923012096

So I then received this notification a couple of minutes later:

I couldn't help but have a chuckle at this, but then when I went on his profile a couple of minutes ago, this was the result!

Ah, wonderful.

Dude, if that's you on that pic, you look like Marc Marquez.
Yeah that is me, and um, really?! :p I guess in that picture I look a bit like him...

But I can't believe he blocked me, it wasn't that bad, especially in comparison to what AL0NS0FAN used to tweet people before he was banned from Twitter :p

Juice29 said:
no german grand prix this season :-((  F1 really likes to shoot itself in the foot.
Hopefully could/should be back for next season but grandstand numbers were falling anyway...
This further increases the chances of a qatar or the other middle east gp more likely. I do hope not though.

Oh and Colt I think I missed the reference?

Liam12d said:
Juice29 said:
no german grand prix this season :-((  F1 really likes to shoot itself in the foot.
Hopefully could/should be back for next season but grandstand numbers were falling anyway...
This further increases the chances of a qatar or the other middle east gp more likely. I do hope not though.

Oh and Colt I think I missed the reference?
Not another one... Further proof that the owners (CVC) just want profit, im also going to guess that GP2/GP3 may go to a "new" Middle East GP

Juice29 said:
Yeah I knew he did that but with an F1 race seat available I wouldn't be surprised if he still ended up at Manor.

In other news, Lotus have signed Carmen Jorda as their development driver for 2015.

Obviously great to see another girl involved in a team's development programme but have you seen her GP3 results and times? Absolutely rubbish and in her three seasons she finished 28th, 30th and 29th with a best finish of 13th in Valencia 2012. Her next best finish was 17th.

There are waaay more other drivers who deserve that kind of position.
I know, F1 teamslooking for potential female related sponsorship? :wink:

• UP100 pinned this topic