Sign in to follow this  

xbox one

any news or rumors about an update or new game for x box one console?

love the pc version, just curious

Please don't rush or pester them about Xbox one/PS4.    

They still haven't mastered the 360 and the PS3, or the PC for that matter. 

* palms forehead* Could you be any more negative RT?..  If you don't like the games don't play them,  I am sure there is a multiplayer Mario Kart session somewhere you can join.

If you can't be constructive in your criticisms please keep them to yourself. 

Tark9m said:
* palms forehead* Could you be any more negative RT?..  If you don't like the games don't play them,  I am sure there is a multiplayer Mario Kart session somewhere you can join.

** Double palms forehead **

Yes im sure I could be.   

Where do I say I dont like the game? 

If I wanted to play mario kart, I'd own a Wii.   

I simply stated a FACT.  

Codemasters are NOT ready for a new console.   The games on the old console still dont work 100% as intended.
And what about the PC version.  With its unlimited memory and storage capapbilities,  the game has been BSOD-ing on people.   Is that becasue the PC is an old platform?   No.  It down to shoddy programming.  

Sorry the truth is not constructive.  
The truth is CM have spent way too long, on this game.  They are done with it now.   I dont think CM have the money, to pay the wages of everyone to get their games working 100%.   

Im sure they will have completed or nearly completed their 1st current gen console game.  Which im also sure will be even more full of bugs and issues.   

I love GAS,  I've loved it since day 1.  Im pretty good at it too.   Its almost 100% now.  But its taken them nearly 18 months to get it NEARLY 100%.  What does that tell you? 
Do you think they will spend any more time, in giving us all the tracks in the playlists?  Do you think upgrades will ever work alongside tuning?  Do you think they put upgrades into the game for them to do nothing? 

This game is finished, and CM have moved on to their new game.  

Look at F1 2014 - same company - different studio - same shambles!!!

Why has project cars been delayed a few times?  
This is the only racing game I want to play,  Untill march 2015.  Then hopefully, this game will be treated like Grid 2, and it will NEVER make it out of the box ever again.  

If its not ready.........................Don't release it. 

If you bought a car, and drove it home and parked it on your drive.  Admired it a bit, then decide to go for a drive, only to find that it wont start,  or it just cuts out every 5 mins,   are you going to be happy waiting 18 months for them to fix it?  

I dont care that GAS is video game and not a car.........its a product, that was sold as finished and working.   It wasn't. 

If thats not constructive enough for you, maybe you should go and play on mario kart.  

:smile: 

@RTanoskills   Well then take you Project CARS logo and your negativity and go wait patiently for it to come out and stop spamming us with post after post of complaints. You have nothing constructive to say you just complain, it gets old. 

Maybe try suggesting a solution instead of post after post about how much everything sucks.

@Tark9m   No.  

Im going to stay right here, and play this game, untill march.  

If I want to complain, I will do.  I paid for the product, If Ive got a complaint about it, I will voice it.

I did post a solution,..................."If its not ready.......dont release it"

As soon as all the tracks are in the playlist, and upgrade work, I wont have a complaint.  
Your right, it does get old,  just like the limited playlist does, and the same problems from game to game.  

If you dont like what I post, Dont read it.  :smile:   

If said all I have to say, so go right ahead, and finish this with a smug reply about nintendo's. 

@RTAnoskills, to be honest the BSOD thing on the PC isn't the game it is the GPU drivers, I would be curious how many people have BSOD on Nvidia compared to AMD cards, I found the last 3 drivers from Nvidia are pure poop (for me at least), I downgraded to the driver that were issued by Nvidia specifically targeting GAS which I think the driver was dated July this year and the game has been rock solid since.

Maybe people with newer GPU's may benefit from the new drivers but my GPU is a couple of years old so I am not going to bother upgrading them anymore it causes more problems than it's worth, I think find a driver that works well for your card and stick with it.

Problems I had with the newer game ready drivers were lock ups, BSOD, stutters and flickering on window glass and under the car, all solved by rolling back to an older driver, I can't remember the last time it crashed to be honest although Steam has gone a few times but that is another matter.

The problem with PC's is there are a lot of variables sometimes and people instantly blame a new game when sometimes it isn't the games fault, windows error reporting tool is a great thing to pinpoint problems.

Also people should read the notes that come with new drivers because I did for the first time and in the notes it actually tells you of issues with certain games and the flickering thing was well documented on the last couple of drivers with other games but that is just games that Nvidia have tested or had a report on, although they didn't list a problem for GAS they did for Dirt 2 which is basically the same engine.

kimdurose said:
dude if i had xbox1 i would be happy having Forza 5 and Forza horizon 2 , no need for other racing game..
In two weeks time I will be

yeah, Forza 5 is a great drive imo. having said that, I'd be happy to see Codies do something along the lines of GAS on the X1

Tark9m said:

That's quite funny as you are being very negative yourself in your criticism of RT,

Take your own advice, keep it to yourself, no need to cause arguments over opinions. :)

@RTAnoskills, to be honest the BSOD thing on the PC isn't the game it is the GPU drivers, I would be curious how many people have BSOD on Nvidia compared to AMD cards, I found the last 3 drivers from Nvidia are pure poop (for me at least), I downgraded to the driver that were issued by Nvidia specifically targeting GAS which I think the driver was dated July this year and the game has been rock solid since.

Maybe people with newer GPU's may benefit from the new drivers but my GPU is a couple of years old so I am not going to bother upgrading them anymore it causes more problems than it's worth, I think find a driver that works well for your card and stick with it.

Problems I had with the newer game ready drivers were lock ups, BSOD, stutters and flickering on window glass and under the car, all solved by rolling back to an older driver, I can't remember the last time it crashed to be honest although Steam has gone a few times but that is another matter.

The problem with PC's is there are a lot of variables sometimes and people instantly blame a new game when sometimes it isn't the games fault, windows error reporting tool is a great thing to pinpoint problems.

Also people should read the notes that come with new drivers because I did for the first time and in the notes it actually tells you of issues with certain games and the flickering thing was well documented on the last couple of drivers with other games but that is just games that Nvidia have tested or had a report on, although they didn't list a problem for GAS they did for Dirt 2 which is basically the same engine.
But CM released a patch to fix the crashing problems on the PC.   I was surprised by this at the time, because it wasnt crashing on my PC.  

There must have been some issue, otherwise they wouldnt have wasted their time with a patch. 

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1000/patch-list-last-updated-27th-november

4th November -  PC patch to address crashing caused by shoddy programming in a previous patch. 

:smile: 

SASBlink said:
Tark9m said:

That's quite funny as you are being very negative yourself in your criticism of RT,

Take your own advice, keep it to yourself, no need to cause arguments over opinions. :)
and RT's lap dog comes in on que

Is that all, diesel? sounds like you got something on your chest you need to get relive of, c'mon don't be shy, If you got some kind of issue with me then lets hear why? 

oh that was a unintentional rhyme. :stuck_out_tongue:   

ozdogg said:

any news or rumors about an update or new game for x box one console?

love the pc version, just curious

Nothing just yet :)

I agree with @RTAnoskills‌ it took cm about 9 months to fix gas just right. They had updates to the game bv people were complaining just because they suck and couldn't race. So with the xbox one they just need to sit down figure everything out first and rush it so it can be perfect. Yes everything can't be perfect but spending 500$ (American money) is a lot to spend on a console. So it has to be perfect so every cent is worth it. They rushed with gas and looked what happend. There was some sort of problems. It's like that saying, don't fix what's not broken. He game was good when it first game. Yes few online glitches with the game money. But that was ok bc everybody had that advantage. So don't rush it

Yes DONT RUSH!!!     I certainly wont be rushing to buy it.

If they rush the next one, I think that will be the end of CM. 

I don't see where the issues are with the game and I've played it everyday for the past 2 weeks since i bought it. 

I've given Codemasters nothing but praise for the game.  Best racer I've played on the consoles in a very long time. I truly hope they bring out a Grid Autosport game for the Xbox One. 

Don't listen Codies. You can publish GAS 2 for PC anytime, as soon as possible. Just add text chat, spectating mode, some more tracks and cars :)

I don't see where the issues are with the game and I've played it everyday for the past 2 weeks since i bought it. 

I've given Codemasters nothing but praise for the game.  Best racer I've played on the consoles in a very long time. I truly hope they bring out a Grid Autosport game for the Xbox One. 

But you were s wiseman in hindsight, as you just brought the game after it had taken an age for CM to finally fix it and be playable. we all suffered tremendously with the constant freezing caused by a patch to fix other issues,

Yeah i'm with you on a new grid but i hope lessons have been learnt here and a playable game is released not something thats nothing more than a public beta we have to pay top dollar for and fix later.  

There's so much drama on codemasters games. Wonder what it is you lot are doing @loore but I think your highest profit would be made in Eastenders or coronation street haha. I've learned to keep my head down. Cba with the irrelevant and petulant negativity.

I agree with @RTAnoskills‌ it took cm about 9 months to fix gas just right. They had updates to the game bv people were complaining just because they suck and couldn't race. So with the xbox one they just need to sit down figure everything out first and rush it so it can be perfect. Yes everything can't be perfect but spending 500$ (American money) is a lot to spend on a console. So it has to be perfect so every cent is worth it. They rushed with gas and looked what happend. There was some sort of problems. It's like that saying, don't fix what's not broken. He game was good when it first game. Yes few online glitches with the game money. But that was ok bc everybody had that advantage. So don't rush it
$500 for the XBOX ONE? Don't pay that! They are nowhere near close to $500...Lot's of places are between $329- $350 unless you want that silly Kinect. I think you will see them year around from now on at $350, at Walmart, Best Buy,etc.