Sign in to follow this  

Any Patch coming ? What the hell!

Guys is there any patch coming soon, there is a lot of time since the last patch, the game is completely messed up online.

people are not synchron in lobbies, they drives another race with an X next to their name, corner cutting is way to serious if you compare to real life , league racing still impossible with all those bugs, wake up codemasters and start supporting the people who pay your paychecks , its ******* rediculous now!

Ignoring is a shame !

Everyone seems to have a different date about when the game broke, it's quite interesting. There is a chance we will still get a 'final update' of sorts before the next F1 2019 beta would be announced, if we get one this year, that is.

Maybe we could get a reply to this during the next week when Codies are at work...? Just some optimism to throw out there 😄

Edited by UP100
  • Like 1

If we are lucky there may be one or two final tiny updates.

Usually the games support ends with new year so I would not be surprised if there was none in the end.

7 hours ago, UP100 said:

Everyone seems to have a different date about when the game broke, it's quite interesting. There is a chance we will still get a 'final update' of sorts before the next F1 2019 beta would be announced, if we get one this year, that is.

Maybe we could get a reply to this during the next week when Codies are at work...? Just some optimism to throw out there 😄

Yeah I can see there maybe being one more update but the longer it takes the less likely it is to happen though but I think the majority are still just getting used t othe new forum atm and making suer everything is running smoothly there.

Given the amount of abuse Codies get on the games twitter page I’m not surprised they’re in no rush to release any more patches. I know the last two years we’ve seen patches post Xmas/new year and there’s always still a chance something could come along, but I can imagine the devs are fully focussed on working on F1 2019 and implementing new features for now.

I wouldn't call it abuse. They are just calling them out on their major bugs still not fixed half a year after release. Ofc they will shift more focus to the next title but ignoring the feedback and reports will only make the bugs carry over to the next game (green flag glitch for example, from 2017 to 2018).

People are just starting to get tired of the "release unfinished now, patch (& potentially break even more) later" mentality from CM.

• Agree 2

2017 Ended at patch 1.13, we're at 1.15 for 2018, that's two over last year's game. So unless there is some egregious bug that needs addressing, I think 1.15 is the last patch for F1  2018! 

Ironically, "qatestbranch" on SteamDB just got updated yesterday, so maybe an update is on the way..?

Mmm, still a bit sceptical until something officially drops. Maybe the issue with frame rates affecting the tyre temperatures uncovered recently might encourage a late patch for the game? 

Don’t have a way of testing it out myself but there was a post about it on reddit recently and then a video on YouTube with it being looked into a bit deeper ... 

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Ties to something previously mentioned by someone (me) about how the tyre cooldown when on straights was probably not working correctly. 

• Like 1

That's a very good video. 

pCars had a serious issue on xbox when the tick rate would go crazy and lap times in the same car could differ by 10s or more just based on maxing grid versus having 12 or fewer AI.

1 hour ago, FRACTURED said:

That's a very good video. 

pCars had a serious issue on xbox when the tick rate would go crazy and lap times in the same car could differ by 10s or more just based on maxing grid versus having 12 or fewer AI.

Hopefully it helps Codies identify the problem and possibly fix with a patch. 

I missed out on Project Cars 1 but I can’t say I’m surprised. Makes me shudder when I read people recommending that Slightly Mad take over the F1 franchise from Codemasters.

As generous as the content was in PCars 2, my God the game was horrendous on launch (on PS4 anyhow). Not only does the game look hideous, maybe as a consequence of having so much content, but the bugs were far worse than I’ve seen in Codies F1 games.  I know bugs can be ironed out and fixed post release but how on earth the game made it past QC and released in the state it was really opened my eyes. Even though it’s more solid now it’s had multiple patches I still find the game very “cold” and not very enjoyable as a whole.    

Not sure if there ever will be another patch for F1 2018 coming cause there already have been many released.  Even after the latest patch for PC was released, my game still tends to freeze up/frame jump.  I don't know if it's the game itself or if there's some application in Windows 10 that's running in the background and causing my hard drive to consistently go active and the game to briefly lock up/frame jump but when I run the game on my PC I do notice the hard drive actively working all the time and I have to run benchmark mode to try and stabilize the gameplay so I can get constant frame rates with less frame jumping/lock ups.

Edited by RickFlare96

Since we’re at mid February now I don’t see another patch coming. If there is it won’t make any significant changes to the game they’ll be focusing on 2019 now. 

Edited by tarrantino