Sign in to follow this  

Is AI still going to be **** in 2019

I am so sick and tired of F1 2018 game now. Every time they come with a new F1 game, Codemasters Say that the AI is more intelligent than ever. 

How is that possible. AI in 2018 game is by far the stupidest I have ever seen. It ruins the game and makes career mode unplayable. 

First. If the AI overtakes you before a corner, they just slams on the brake mid-corner. Making it nearly impossible to not hit them. Same if they are fighting with other AI. You have to stay at least 100 meters behind to not hit then when they suddenly hits the brakes mid-corner. 

And next thing is blue flags. Why are there not blue flags for AI when they are on in or out lap during practice and qualifying. When I start my hotlap you can guarantee that the AI will come out of the pits and go straight in the racing line just in front of me. When they then again mid-corner realises that they should let me through, they start panically braking and weaving in the racing line. When they come out of pits or you catch up with AI when I am on a hotlap. Why don't they brake before the corner and let me pass, instead of racing me and blocking the racing line into the corner and then panicking mid-corner? 

This AI **** is something I could live with 10 years ago, but in a game from 2018, it is not acceptable. I just don't know how you can release a game with a major fault like this. 

Also another issue I have with the game is that the pit crew is way to afraid of unsafe release in the pits. You can just forget about pitting during SC or when the pitlane is busy. Because the pit crew will hold you to all the cars has passed and you are in the back of the field. 

Great job Codemasters. You can let someone else have a crack at the F1 games now. 

And don't tell us before 2019 that the AI is much smarter again, because I can tell you now that they will still ruin the career mode.    

Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The AI gets better each year in difficulty and in the way it drives. There is nothing really to say otherwise. In F1 2011 you could qualify on pole in Singapore with the hardest difficulty on the slowest car and being a mediocre skilled driver. The AI also used to block your qualifying laps by trying to get out of your way by driving into you for example.

You can always go back to the era of F1 2010 - 2014 where the AI was just way too easy... AI mods were a thing just because they were ridiculously easy to beat.

The AI does immediately brake check you after passing. It's a really bizarre behavior that pretty much asks for a crash.

I was going down the final straight in Canada after a perfect slipstream move off the hairpin and the force India AI just started ramming me into the left had side wall. At this stage we were side by side. Strange behavior..    

The AI don’t give you space if you only have a wing or so aside. Which is like Magnussen aggressive, so it does happen, but not every driver. That being said, I prefer them being a bit more aggressive in defense, because in the past, you could just send it up the inside and the AI would turn out of the corner to let you by.

• Agree 1

I couldn't agree more when it comes to blocking. I noticed it last year and it's present again in 2019 from day 1, session 1. Attached video is a perfect example of an AI car coming out of the pits in Australia and blocking at turn 1. Later in qualy I was blocked in exactly the same way at turn 1 and on the same lap into turn 3. It's pretty bloody annoying. I know inadvertent blocking happens for real, but not blatantly obvious stuff like this. #badcode 

• Like 1