Sign in to follow this  

Change the RED forum Background to...

Change the RED forum Background to...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What better color (for reading on) would you like for all the bright red in this new forum?

• graphite grey
    • white
    • black
    • light grey
    • The dark turquoise from the sky in the DR2 cover
    • dark sky blue
    • other

Red. It doesn't bother me as the amount of red in the forum when the width is around 800 pixels is very small, and I hate grey. Having blue background would then be weird for the other categories, no? If they can set a specific category to have a specific colour, I would be fine with blue.

image.thumb.png.2694643d12cb03d455d38d183aa8977d.png

Edited by UP100

The red doesn’t bother me – it’s a thin border on the sides, and only appears in any large expanse at the top and bottom of the posts list, where there’s not much to look at anyway.

Still, if it could be made the nice CMR2.0 teal just fit the DiRT sub-forums that’d be grand 👍🏾

Admittedly I hate the red, but it's the Codemasters brand colour and I'm at the mercy of our designers, I will look to get an alternate/dark theme setup though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

The polls from the previous forum have been lost as well.

1 hour ago, AIPacino said:

The polls from the previous forum have been lost as well.

Not all threads seem to be visible (or showing in the search).

If you Google "Codemasters forum ______" and put the title of the missing thread where "_____" is you should find it. Open the thread, post in it and it will be showing again. 

23 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Not all threads seem to be visible (or showing in the search).

If you Google "Codemasters forum ______" and put the title of the missing thread where "_____" is you should find it. Open the thread, post in it and it will be showing again. 

There was a poll on the "venues from DR1" thread and Rodger had to put it up again. The previous results were lost.

I've decided I'm quite happy with the new forum. I don't mind the red now, it was just a bit bright when I first came back. 

I don't really mind the red, but it would be cool, if there was a specific bacground (or just specific color) for each of the sub-forums.

What I don't like is that everything is a bit too big now, the forum should be a bit more compact

6 hours ago, shadow118 said:

What I don't like is that everything is a bit too big now, the forum should be a bit more compact

On the other hand, everything is a much more finger-friendly size on mobile now.

18 minutes ago, afahoy said:

On the other hand, everything is a much more finger-friendly size on mobile now.

It feels like a mobile page even on desktop and that's a bit of a problem

I'm not to bothered about the red. It's white that bothers me and strains my eyes in darker / dark light. I would much prefer less white and white should be for the typing boxes only.

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1

18 hours ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

I'm not to bothered about the red. It's white that bothers me and strains my eyes in darker / dark light. I would much prefer less white and white should be for the typing boxes only.

DiRTFanNo.1

Dark mode will be added as well, but that is a lot more work to setup, the alt mode is quick win for those who aren't keen on the red background. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

Thank you, but can't the dark mode be standard, instead of how it is now?

DiRTFanNo.1

It's better to have it as an option, the red and white are their colours now since this is the palette of DR 2.0 so this is why its the default theme (I'm assuming, I work in marketing and you have to be consistent across all your branding colourwise)

• Agree 1