Sign in to follow this  

Back to 2013 I guess

I've finished my first season and the racing just isn't enjoyable, one race I'm 2 seconds faster than AI, the next I'm a second slower (playing with wheel on legend). Seeing as there will be no patch, I think I'm done with this game. I'm disappointed because I do enjoy driving the new cars, but there is no game mode worth playing. Career or GP mode the AI times are inconsistent, and online you have to deal with people who don't know how to race properly and the pad users with TC. I'll probably put it in to play a time trial every now and then just for kicks, but there is no point racing. Good job CM, you're losing your loyal customers.

Yep. Can't play online 'cos the of the pad/wheel difference, can't play career 'cos if it rains the AI will lap you every 3 minutes. 

Absolute travesty of a game.

I feel the same. With a game like this where you are competing against AI - the programmers need to make the AI consistent and fair - in this game they seem to be neither. It is the performance of the AI in the rain that irritates me the most - they have such superior grip it's ridiculous. It's a real shame as the game has a lot going for it but Codemasters really need to put a lot more money and time into testing their game for future releases.

This game is great and we just have to adapt to it. The game doesn't have to adapt to us...

The AI cars are better in Legend difficulty mode in that game. I use to play in Legend but I decided to get down the difficulty level to one step because I can't compete like I was in F1 2012 and 2013 games.

If I'm not good enough to play on Legend, I'll play on slower level until I become better and can play again on the top level. That's the fun of that game.

Stop blaming Codemasters please because that game is very good.   

The setups are very important also and I think drivers just don't care enough about them.

I'm playing with Logitech G27 Wheel without any assists and in cockpit view

Me too. I tried playing on the level below legend and was getting pole by 2 seconds, how is that fun? I have gotten good enough to compete on legend, but my point is that it's inconsistent. Half the races I'll get pole by over a second and then in the race everybody runs the same times as me, I can still win, but it doesn't make any sense. The other half of the races I'm a second off the pole and in the race I run roughly the same times as AI. The wheel to wheel racing is better and I enjoy the new cars, but I get no enjoyment out of a full race weekend.

And when it comes to rain it's just ridiculous, the AI is barely a second off their dry pace and I'm actually dealing with less traction while the AI hits the gas flat out and speeds away. I spend a good amount of time playing with setups in every condition, it helps, but it doesn't solve the AI inconsistency or their absurd wet weather pace.

scfreak21 said:

Me too. I tried playing on the level below legend and was getting pole by 2 seconds, how is that fun? I have gotten good enough to compete on legend, but my point is that it's inconsistent. Half the races I'll get pole by over a second and then in the race everybody runs the same times as me, I can still win, but it doesn't make any sense. The other half of the races I'm a second off the pole and in the race I run roughly the same times as AI. The wheel to wheel racing is better and I enjoy the new cars, but I get no enjoyment out of a full race weekend.

And when it comes to rain it's just ridiculous, the AI is barely a second off their dry pace and I'm actually dealing with less traction while the AI hits the gas flat out and speeds away. I spend a good amount of time playing with setups in every condition, it helps, but it doesn't solve the AI inconsistency or their absurd wet weather pace.

Agree with this 100% I really do give credit to cm for the way the cars behave this year but if someone is running tc (even med) it makes it so easy for them in the races its just not fun. The difference in difficulty is far to big some tracks I kill expert but cant quite compete with my team mate on legend (carrer mode) I think the handling in the wet is done very well and you need to really be smooth to get the best lap but the AI are about 4 sec quicker than they should be and someone running tc is on average 2-3 sec quicker than someone using no assists. Why cant codies get there act together and make a balanced game as imo the gameplay of 2014 is the best racing experience on consoles.