Sign in to follow this  

Time trial VR mode

I know the psvr isn't powerful enough to run the full game this gen but as a way of preparing for next gen (when all racing games will offer a VR mode by default) do you think codemasters should be looking to test bed the mode this gen. 

The time trial section of the game beating other peoples times is an addictive mode on it's own right and a perfect opportunity to offer VR now. 

It would be achievable given the technology, it would shift many more units because anyone with a psvr headset will want to try it out, it would be a step up from gtsport vr mode with the full track rosta and in my opinion the rather poor physics gt has with their F1 car. 

Plus who doesn't want to take on eau rouge in VR???? 

I wish they'd add VR to the PC version. Honestly, I probably will stop at 2018 and not get 2019 if there is no VR support.

And I wouldn't even be mad if they sold VR support as DLC lol. Like 5-10 bucks or something, just to help with costs. (Though I know that would upset some people, its better than no VR at all).

"We've certainly given a lot of consideration to VR"

"It's a little trickier for us because we're pushing the boundaries when it comes to our physics. We have a lot of elements on screen with the OSD, so that's a lot of information the player would have to process in VR. The changes to move the game onto VR would be fairly significant, and we wouldn't want to do it if it meant compromising any area of the game. That's why we're holding back on that at the moment, but it's something we're considering."

Lee Manther, 2017 as reported by Gamesindustry.biz