Sign in to follow this  

g920 or g29?

i looking forward to change my logitexh dfgt

as pc user  i'm more oriented  on the g920 but i don't know wich one to choose 😄

what you guys think about?

Depends which rim you prefer as the wheel bases are identical.

My personal feeling is go for thrustmaster, the ffb is smoother and has less deadzone. 

Edited by Rallystu2

trustmaster is no option because it's too expensive for me 😉

p.s: i forgot to mention that i want a second hand product

Edited by teknoid85

You can find used T500RS sets for 300€, similar to G29 new pricing. Or you can go lower on the Thrustmaster brand and get the T300 or T150. In my opinion the Thrustmaster is just better than the Logitech, not just on the FFB side. The G29 doesn't live up to the expectations and you'll feel disappointed. Search for T300RS or T150 deals, you might get something of your range.

Edited by AIPacino

24 minutes ago, AIPacino said:

You can find used T500RS sets for 300€, similar to G29 new pricing. Or you can go lower on the Thrustmaster brand and get the T300 or T150. In my opinion the Thrustmaster is just better than the Logitech, not just on the FFB side. The G29 doesn't live up to the expectations and you'll feel disappointed. Search for T300RS or T150 deals, you might get something of your range.

Is the older T500RS better than the newer T300RS?

I havent tried the T300RS, but what I can say is that the T500RS despite being older is pretty good and has excellent build quality. Putting them side by side, I'd say the T500RS is superior, as it's not an improvement over T500RS but over the old T300RS.

It also has a pretty nice selection of wheels.

Edited by AIPacino

are the trustmasters belt-driven?

i look a lot on the net but they are difficult to find second hand at good prices

Isn’t the g29 for PlayStation and the g920 for Xbox and pc? I’ve got the g920 and I really like it

19 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

are the trustmasters belt-driven?

i look a lot on the net but they are difficult to find second hand at good prices

At least the T500RS is.

"The 65 watt, belt-driven motor inside is strong, certainly having enough power to make your forearms burn and to rattle everything off of whatever desk you've mounted this to. It's impressively quiet, too, but most important is it's precision, offering extremely sharp and sensitive renditions of bumps and pavement creases."

https://www.engadget.com/2011/02/18/thrustmaster-t500-rs-review/?guccounter=1

One thing I particularly like is that the shifting pads don't turn with the wheel, making it easier to shift when you're turning. The only thing I can complain about the set is the absence of a dedicated handbrake.

Edited by AIPacino

21 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Isn’t the g29 for PlayStation and the g920 for Xbox and pc? I’ve got the g920 and I really like it

you can use both for pc 😉

If you're planning on using them on PC, I would go for the G29, as it has a few more buttons. Or better yet, go for a Thrustmaster T150 Pro (it's cheaper than the G29/G920)

as i posted a few times your wheels works on dirt rally 2.0. im using one right now to play it. so you dont need to buy a new wheel just for the game if thats what you thinking.

if you thinking of going to a g29 just wait for sales. christmas they were a touch over 100 pounds. deals often happen on them.

23 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

if you thinking of going to a g29 just wait for sales. christmas they were a touch over 100 pounds. deals often happen on them.

Yeah I got mine for about £120; the clincher for me was that it came with 3 pedals – gotta be able to do those clutch kicks. I did later supplement it with a TH8A shifter, mind.

51 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

as i posted a few times your wheels works on dirt rally 2.0. im using one right now to play it. so you dont need to buy a new wheel just for the game if thats what you thinking.

no i'm looking  forward for a never wheel with better support  if i reach to sell my dfgt

On a budget, totally recommend the TMX or T150 - only downer is the cheap plasticky feel of the wheel, but I fixed that with a leather wheel wrap. 

I got a G29 for <£100 with the gearstick, great piece of kit (feels high quality) apart from the FFB is a bit juddery and loud.

They’re mechanically exactly the same wheel. One has PlayStation buttons littered all over, the other has Xbox ones.  

After that, exacty the same

12 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I got a G29 for <£100 with the gearstick, great piece of kit (feels high quality) apart from the FFB is a bit juddery and loud.

second hand or a new one?  if new where you pick it ?

3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

second hand or a new one?  if new where you pick it ?

I think it was PC World on a sale - by the way, the G29 has some extra buttons on it (including a dial) and shifting lights, that's why I chose it over the G920

• Agree 1

picked up a g29 in good shape for 123pounds on amazon  😋  and selled my dfgt for 44pounds

Fair trade. Now hop on DR to warm up for 2.0 😄

Edited by AIPacino

7 minutes ago, AIPacino said:

Fair trade. Now hop on DR to warm up for 2.0 😄

actually no wheel....

i've tried with gamepad................ terrible  😝😝😝

Edited by teknoid85

It ain't good with the gamepad. Wheel is the way to go.

• Agree 1