2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

so it should be worth going just to see that car getting thrashed! 

😄

I will watch it online even if I have not been so impressed and interested by these 2 first rounds in France. 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

😄

I will watch it online even if I have not been so impressed and interested by these 2 first rounds in France. 

Yeah. I didn't think the first round was that great, but I cut them some slack as it was their first attempt at things. Just seen the entry list for this weekend: 

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Titans-RX-Lydden-Hill-Entry-List-V1-WEBSITE-22072019.pdf

15 Titans
10 Supercars
12 Retros (including four Group B) 
5 Swifts

Actually a pretty good entry. Hopefully the racing is decent! 

• Agree 1

The main entry looks decent but the lack of support classes makes it a small event with a lot of long pauses. Offcourse this is also part of the learning curve 😀

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

The main entry looks decent but the lack of support classes makes it a small event with a lot of long pauses. Offcourse this is also part of the learning curve 😀

Two full days from the Titans should help, plus it looks like the support classes will be running four heats, so I am hoping for two fairly full days of racing at Lydden!

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Two full days from the Titans should help, plus it looks like the support classes will be running four heats, so I am hoping for two fairly full days of racing at Lydden!

Hmm, I am more used to 1 day events wirh 90+ competitors. Maybe I am just spoiled 😃

58 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Hmm, I am more used to 1 day events wirh 90+ competitors. Maybe I am just spoiled 😃

Yeah, the British Championship rounds are normally like that: I was expecting less though, so there is a bit more racing! 

17 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

..and over here we've got three classes of cars totaling 21 entries. 😞

2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

..and over here we've got three classes of cars totaling 21 entries. 😞

ARX? I hope the number of entries rise, as I can't see the series lasting long as things are at the moment. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

ARX? I hope the number of entries rise, as I can't see the series lasting long as things are at the moment. 

Yep, and agreed.

I'm not sure why rallycross hasn't taken on over here, as it's a perfect motorsport.

11 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Yep, and agreed.

I'm not sure why rallycross hasn't taken on over here, as it's a perfect motorsport.

I personally think they tried to run before they could walk and rallycross in the US may have priced itself out of existence. Neither the Lites nor Supercars are cheap to run but, thanks to the manufacturer involvement, the latter class has become stupidly expensive to participate in if you want to have any hope of winning. Dodge, Honda and various others baulked at the costs when it was GRC and now even VW have pulled out. 

I think it would be fair to level the same criticism at the World Championship: that has rapidly grown with appeasing manufacturer demands as the priority, but now the manufacturers have all stepped back and the whole thing is left as a very expensive proposition for privateers. Of course there is a much deeper pool of cars and drivers to draw from in Europe. 

• Agree 1

Not strictly rallycross, but some great clips of Petter and Oliver at Goodwood:

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Andreus Bakkerud did Pikes Peak in some crosskart thing.

Edited by Tranzitive

Don't care much about my times there. It has little to do with a rallycross track. Abu Dabi track was a big shame and this one comes next.

So apparently one of my favourite tracks drops on the 13th can't wait to copy Kevin Eriksson and go round the outside !

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, b0yc1e said:

So apparently one of my favourite tracks drops on the 13th can't wait to copy Kevin Eriksson and go round the outside !

FarflungFamousAlaskankleekai-size_restri

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mats27 said:

FarflungFamousAlaskankleekai-size_restri

I just watched Estering this morning to get an eye for the layout 😄 

I was last year at the WRX Estering event. Amazing track and atmosphere. also a lot of visitors. The first turn is awesome. Also the uphil part at the last part of the track is crazy. The cars throwing all stones to the spectators. Really need to watch out and were safety glasses. At the end of the weekend i collected some dirt in my DiRT Rally 2.0 shirt 😛

Also i had something designed from EKS and printed a board. It's about a meter wide. Brought it to the paddock at the end of Saturday where Mattias and Andreas signed it 🙂 I got actually two of these signed. They are now in my room, not really know yet what i will do with both. One i will probably hand and the other one i might sell to someone who is interested. 

(here an photo before the weekend, so not signed yet)

image.png.8822f0d2c709643ed52821af06e78699.png

• Like 4

I can't wait for Estering to get added: I suspect everyone is going to be using their first go to try big entries into turn one! 

I went to the Titans RX rounds at Lydden last weekend. Had to leave early on Saturday and, although I was annoyed at having to miss the semis and finals, the weather was bloody awful so not sad to get out of the rain! Much more pleasant on Sunday, though some frustration with repeat delays throughout the day. 

The Titans are definitely quick and loud, my only real gripe with them is the look: some of the shells are OK, some look really ungainly. Think they'd have been much better off going with sleek RX Lite style shell for the whole field, then having more colourful liveries to distinguish between the cars. 

Some good racing throughout and some very "robust" driving. Apparently there were penalties issued for corner cutting, but a lot of drivers seemed to be majorly trimming the grass at North Bend. I think the absence of joker laps made a massive difference, most of the races (when they eventually came) were close. 

Eight car Supercar final to round off the weekend which was cool. Rene Munnich was in a class of his own, though notable that Julian Godfrey wasn't that far behind him. Impressive drive from Donnelly as well, he didn't seem to take long to get to grips with the C4. 

Unfortunately there were issues with the Doran RS200: was looking forward to seeing that car getting thrashed again!

• Agree 1

Has anyone an idea of the ES Skoda will be racing in Canada this weekend? Still noted with TBA as driver on the Entry List. 

yeah, i saw it indeed also last night. 

Also it seems they will announce they go for electric RX or maybe something gaming? "Electrifying"

13 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

yeah, i saw it indeed also last night. 

Also it seems they will announce they go for electric RX or maybe something gaming? "Electrifying"

Electric RX has already been confirmed...

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/10382/projekt-e-confirmed-for-world

...the reveal of the Projekt-E car was down for early September, so quite likely that. I wonder if they are considering mixed ICE/electric racing. 

20 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I can't wait for Estering to get added: I suspect everyone is going to be using their first go to try big entries into turn one! 

Yeah, damn right 😄

• Haha 1