2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

The idea behind the Titans cars is solid, but good lord are they hideous.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The proportions of the TitansRX cars looks very strange. The Merc and Audi shapes look a bit better, also because the nose of the Hyundai seems double long if you see it from the side. 

Yeah, I thought the Audi was the best looking car of the bunch...

48469951461_9da622de15_b.jpg

...it looks much better proportioned than the longer cars. 

48469949571_468d5c18d1_b.jpg

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

The idea behind the Titans cars is solid, but good lord are they hideous.

Ha! Yeah, they are quick and very loud, but not great looking. I don't think the GT style wing helps either. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

What i think about the entries so far of NRX

VW/Andretti - Foust 
VW/Andretti - Bigham
Ford/Loenbro - Arpin
Ford/Loenbro - Block (confirmed on Loenbro IG page, no Pecoy :/)
Peugeot/Hansen - Kevin (teaser on Kevin's IG page)
Peugeot/Hansen - Timmy (same teaser)
Subaru - Speed
Subaru - Sandell
Subaru - Atko
Subaru - Pastrana

What about others?
- The GRX/Hyundai team have a 3rd i20. Might be a possibility, but i don't think it will happen.
- For the Audi's it seems a no go, or they will use their WRX cars. The only available chassis is the one from Enzo Ide. 
- OMSE might be an possibility, always has some Red Bull support. Two of the Civics need to race in RallyX Nordic the that weekend after. I think they still have a third chassis. Than ofcourse they have the MK8 Fiestas and the circuit might a perfect testing ground. 
- STARD could maybe go with one of their MK7 Fiesta. But i think will not happen.
- Xite Racing could send their MK7 Fiesta as well.

EDIT, actually the Hansens are confirmed:

Edited by JorritVD

Nitiss will be at the Riga event. 

http://reinisnitiss.com/en/jaunumi/reinis-nitiss-compete-home-round-world-rx/http://reinisnitiss.com/en/jaunumi/reinis-nitiss-compete-home-round-world-rx/

It seems interesting that Nitiss is really tight on budget this season, or maybe not want to stretch his budget. Also his main sponsors from last year aren't on the car. I wonder what the budget difference is in a round of the WRX and ERX and he rather could have done a full season RallyX Nordic or ERX instead, also because you not would have the most expensive/recent car. But on the other side, WRX has more viewers/followers/promotion and that might be the main point of having the sponsors.

Also interesting "especially when this could be the final year, we see World RX here in Biķernieki!"

Hum, I would be interested to see what are the budget restrictions and conditions in WRX.

I have no precise idea of the gap between a team like the Bennet’s one and the Hansen squad. 🧐

32 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Hum, I would be interested to see what are the budget restrictions and conditions in WRX.

I have no precise idea of the gap between a team like the Bennet’s one and the Hansen squad. 🧐

To rent 2 ex-factory Supercars maybe 1 mil per year? I believe the going rate is about 50k a round for most teams not including damage.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, not really could find anything about WRX, although overall in motorsport it seems they are quite tight lipped in terms of budgets it seems, and it also is different for each team / car / quality / reputation. 

David Perel has an nice arctile:
https://davidperel.net/become-a-racing-driver/ 

€150,000+ for a season in a GT4 Championship
€300,000+ for a season in a GT3 Championship
€500,000+ for Le Mans
€1,000,000+ for WEC
Add 20% to those numbers for LMP2
Double those numbers for Single Seaters

This is something I recognize from a few years ago, where you could do the Blancpain Endurance also for about 100.000 euro an season, but also depends on team mates and it was an older car already (V12 Vantage GT3) from an non top team. But also the WEC numbers are recognizable, i remember a few years ago it was about 2,5 million euro for a season of Fia WEC for a GTE Am car at a top team. So if you devide that through 2 it might be 1+ million (the third drivers is ussually a pro which gets paid). 

From what I remember LMP1 factory teams were more like F1 budgets and were 100+ million. Although I think Toyota now can run on an much lower budget as there are no other factory teams. 

The same goed for factory WRC teams:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/world-rally-championship-keeping-show-road/
£60 million - Hyundai (2018)
£30 million - Ford (2018)

For Rallycross it can also be very diverse. I wouldn't be suprised that the budget of a Peugeot last season might went towards 10 million euro or more (3 cars, developments, testing, marketing, ...), while you might already be competing (competive might more depend on talent) in ERX Supercars for a few of hundred of thousands of euro. Where you can have a second hand Audi S1 of EKS for about 500k(?), but an Marklund Polo costs around 200.000 (190k - 300k), MJP Fiesta for 200.000, OMSE Fiesta from 150.000, DS3 for 100.000 and maybe even some older or non-ERX allowed (due to homologation or due to not fit the FIA regs) supercars for around 50k. 

@mats27 i think you might be correct with those number of a million a car (EKS / Hansen). 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Thanks 1

Supercar entry lists are up for Loheac; 21 cars in the World Championship, 30 cars (plus 1 reserve) in the Euros. 

Roll on the first weekend of September!

• Like 1

It looks really good.

Happy to see the return of Heikkinen

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go at my own country event. Such a shame. 

3 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go at my own country event. Such a shame. 

Ah, that's a shame, Loheac is always an excellent weekend! 

• Agree 1

YES TOPI!!

I had a feeling he'd return at some point since he was spotting for Nitiss in Sweden, hope he does well

Good to see Topi back in the racing seat. Actually not that suprising to see Topi in the i20 of GRX.

The GRX team is technically run by the SET Promotion guys. In 2018 they also run the Fiesta of Nitiss in the ERX.

But Wiman, Nitiss and Heikkinen all work(ed) for the WRX, ERX, RX2, RX Acedamy teams of SET as spotter, or programm/team manager, or driver coach, etc. So after Nitiss and Wiman I am not that suprised that he now will be in the third i20.

It is a shame that so many talent is available, but can't race full time in WRX:

• Heikkinen (although do TitansRX),
  • Wiman (just one round and one round as replacement of Gronholm),
  • Nitiss (just three rounds and some latvian rally events), 
  • Kalliokoski (although he do full time Nordic and some standalone events,
  • The Erikksons (wonder if they will maybe do NRX or some WRX rounds to promote/test the MK8 Fiesta more)
  • Abbring (just parttime)
  • Larsson (although he do full seasons of ERX and Nordic)
  • Also like to see Evjen, Bryntesson, Tidemand and those super 1600 / RX2 talents. 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Good to see Topi back in the racing seat. Actually not that suprising to see Topi in the i20 of GRX.

The GRX team is technically run by the SET Promotion guys. In 2018 they also run the Fiesta of Nitiss in the ERX.

But Wiman, Nitiss and Heikkinen all work(ed) for the WRX, ERX, RX2, RX Acedamy teams of SET as spotter, or programm/team manager, or driver coach, etc. So after Nitiss and Wiman I am not that suprised that he now will be in the third i20.

It is a shame that so many talent is available, but can't race full time in WRX:

• Heikkinen (although do TitansRX),
  • Wiman (just one round and one round as replacement of Gronholm),
  • Nitiss (just three rounds and some latvian rally events), 
  • Kalliokoski (although he do full time Nordic and some standalone events,
  • The Erikksons (wonder if they will maybe do NRX or some WRX rounds to promote/test the MK8 Fiesta more)
  • Abbring (just parttime)
  • Larsson (although he do full seasons of ERX and Nordic)
  • Also like to see Evjen, Bryntesson, Tidemand and those super 1600 / RX2 talents. 

Put Abbring into that Skoda full time.

Also wanna see Bennett build a second MINI and put someone like Larsson into it to see what that thing can really do.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Also wanna see Bennett build a second MINI and put someone like Larsson into it to see what that thing can really do.

Oliver Solberg did some laps in that MINI last year: would love to see how his lap times compared to Bennett... 

https://dominikwilde.com/10-car-field-confirmed-for-nitro-rallycross/

Bigham just got on the entry list. So it is the ARX field, with Block taking Pecoy's Fiesta, Pastrana and the Hansen brothers (as the only WRX entries)

Nitro Rallycross entry list
00    Steve Arpin    Ford Fiesta ST (Mk. 7)
2    Cabot Bigham    Volkswagen Beetle
18    Patrik Sandell    Subaru WRX STI
21    Timmy Hansen    Peugeot 208
34    Tanner Foust    Volkswagen Beetle
41    Scott Speed    Subaru WRX STI
43    Ken Block    Ford Fiesta ST (Mk.7)
55    Chris Atkinson    Subaru WRX STI
71    Kevin Hansen    Peugeot 208
199    Travis Pastrana    Subaru WRX STI

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://dominikwilde.com/10-car-field-confirmed-for-nitro-rallycross/

Bigham just got on the entry list. So it is the ARX field, with Block taking Pecoy's Fiesta, Pastrana and the Hansen brothers (as the only WRX entries)

Nitro Rallycross entry list
00    Steve Arpin    Ford Fiesta ST (Mk. 7)
2    Cabot Bigham    Volkswagen Beetle
18    Patrik Sandell    Subaru WRX STI
21    Timmy Hansen    Peugeot 208
34    Tanner Foust    Volkswagen Beetle
41    Scott Speed    Subaru WRX STI
43    Ken Block    Ford Fiesta ST (Mk.7)
55    Chris Atkinson    Subaru WRX STI
71    Kevin Hansen    Peugeot 208
199    Travis Pastrana    Subaru WRX STI

never heard of this event before. holy hell that jump is big

edit: could this be one of the future locations? I'd love to drive it.

20180923_nwg_1171-e1558524677610.jpg

Edited by ianism

Posted (edited)

I don't think this location will ever come to DiRT as long its the official WRX game. 
Why?
- It is not an IMG event (IMG organises the WRX, ERX and ARX)
- It is a Red Bull sponsored event. Monster poweres WRX
- They race on Yokohama tyres, while in WRX they use Cooper tyres
- The FIA would never allow such a jump (or gap jumps at all) in their events. 

Though I thinked the banked corners of the NRX track has inspired already the SPA RX track. 🙂

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1

This is an awesoem looking livery. 2018 French champion Antoine Masse's livery for the Loheac round. To @PJTierney and the CM team, take notice please 😛 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

This is an awesoem looking livery. 2018 French champion Antoine Masse's livery for the Loheac round. To @PJTierney and the CM team, take notice please 😛 

This looks so good! 

Awesome.

@PJTierney isn’t it ? 😁🙈

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I don't think this location will ever come to DiRT as long its the official WRX game. 
Why?
- It is not an IMG event (IMG organises the WRX, ERX and ARX)
- It is a Red Bull sponsored event. Monster poweres WRX
- They race on Yokohama tyres, while in WRX they use Cooper tyres
- The FIA would never allow such a jump (or gap jumps at all) in their events. 

Though I thinked the banked corners of the NRX track has inspired already the SPA RX track. 🙂

Those over-the-top jumps led to some serious injured drivers. It was the end of his career for Marcus Gronholm. Can't understand they keep on doing stupid...

5 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Those over-the-top jumps led to some serious injured drivers. It was the end of his career for Marcus Gronholm. Can't understand they keep on doing stupid...

It's literally the only event that has it, and it's big enough and short enough of a gap to be safe.

23 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

It's literally the only event that has it, and it's big enough and short enough of a gap to be safe.

A gap can not be safe. It is just a gap waiting for the next freaking incident. Have seen a lot accidents on places that looked safe. Just remember Jules Bianchi (formule 1) how freaking incidents happen out of the blue...

• Agree 1

Sometimes this online RX events are so intense. In the semi-final I got spun around in the first lap and after that I was in the position i would not make the final. After I still made a few mistakes but than I drove my hearth out to catch the guy who spun me out to take third. In the end I would have made it anyway as they guy who finished first got a penalty.

The final unfortunately was chaos. As someone was spun in the fast right hander in after went downhill. I already started my turn, so I couldn't avoid him and my car was completly crashed :classic_mellow: At least its fun online as long when people are fair. 

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Sometimes this online RX events are so intense. In the semi-final I got spun around in the first lap and after that I was in the position i would not make the final. After I still made a few mistakes but than I drove my hearth out to catch the guy who spun me out to take third. In the end I would have made it anyway as they guy who finished first got a penalty.

The final unfortunately was chaos. As someone was spun in the fast right hander in after went downhill. I already started my turn, so I couldn't avoid him and my car was completly crashed :classic_mellow: At least its fun online as long when people are fair. 

Great battle. Most of the time, I have unfair guys in the race. Not always fun. But when I have fair guys, what a pleasure to play rX online 🥰