2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

For the ones who are interested in the French RX Championship. The videos of events are posted on their YouTube page.
Very healthy Supercars grid with 8 car finals.

Here from the 6th round.
4:07 - Supercar Semi Final A
9:48 - Supercar Semi Final B
47:09 - Supercar Final

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

For the ones who are interested in the French RX Championship. The videos of events are posted on their YouTube page.

Here from the 6th round.

I have always loved the 8 supercars final format. Unfortunately it’s impossible to imagine that in WRX.

I won’t forget the sound of the final of the 2018 first event of the french Championship at Abbeville, my home town. 8 supercars, including Chicherit, just in front of me. I was at the fight corner when they came at something like 150 km/h. 

Amazing.

Edited by JamesMcAdam

I dont see the reason why not do a 8-car grid finals. Maybe there is risk of more damage in the semi finals and final. But maybe onther side than less risk will be taken in the quali heats. Next to that the entries get more races and publicity (I think a lot of times only the semis and finals are shown live on tv in some areas or highlights) so it’s more attractive for sponsors and better for ROI.

maybr some tracks are to small or the joker is to short, but overall the racing strategies will be different with 8 car grids as well. 

At least they have now a new format for choosing the grid slots for Q1, which seems more fair as the drivers have more influence about it in a fair way. And also the new format for if the slowest or fastest need to start first in the other Q heats. Also in ARX they now decided to have all cars in the finals.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Here from the 6th round.

Motors TV used to cover the French Rallycross Championship years ago and the coverage was terrible, this is much better! 

There are fantastic numbers in Supercar and Super 1600 in France. Plus the Division 3 cars are very cool. 

10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I dont see the reason why not do a 8-car grid finals. Maybe there is risk of more damage in the semi finals and final. But maybe onther side than less risk will be taken in the quali heats. 

I have seen a few 8 and 10 car finals done: heavy collisions in turn one were frequent.

I could see eight car finals working on some circuits, but if you think about some of the tracks the World Championship have used (Mettet, Barcelona Mk.2, Latvia and Turkey all spring to mind), the first corner would be absolute carnage with eight cars. I like to see a bit of paint getting swapped but, personally, I'd rather not see it turn into a demolition derby.

(that said, eight Supercars leaving the line does sound incredible!)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

eight Supercars leaving the line does sound incredible!

Speaking of sounding incredible, what are peoples opinion of the Projekt E series being introduced?

My understanding is that it's now going to be a separate series like RX2, not a replacement of current supercars as originally planned

Personally I hope it flops and we never see electric cars in World RX and the whole concept of electric car motor racing dies as a result :classic_laugh:

43 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Speaking of sounding incredible, what are peoples opinion of the Projekt E series being introduced?

My understanding is that it's now going to be a separate series like RX2, not a replacement of current supercars as originally planned

Personally I hope it flops and we never see electric cars in World RX and the whole concept of electric car motor racing dies as a result :classic_laugh:

Well, there is also Formula E and Moto E. There could be also room for RX-E class. I think overall the electric drivelines could work very well in RX because of the torque.

Though i think manufacturers want to introduce their own cars and drivelines rather than a common platform/chassis what now the plan is?

Than the question is, how accaptable is this electric racing in RX? In RX people tend to build their own cars, which is maybe also a fundamental part of it I think. You could build your own RX Supercar or Super 1600. Will this still be possible with the planned electric series?

I think it is important that they introduce an E class for now as seperate main class. Formula E and Formula 1 are both main classes. FE is not like a RX2 or Formula 2. And maybe should be more like a seperate scheduele standalone events, because it will attract a lot of different people and manufacturers. Also maybe these events should also be more in cities like FE. 

Rather I have more bigger RX series, because that will also result in more lower RX classes as well i think. 

55 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

I'm not actually sure how they are going to introduce it as there were some contradictions in the last lot of news stories I read about Projekt-E: some seem to suggest electric would be a separate series, others seemed to suggest they would be integrated with the ICE Supercars. 

Sadly I think electric is going to creep into all forms of motorsport, but at least they are implementing it in rallycross more sensibly now. The idea of bringing an unproven electric format in at the highest level seemed daft to me. The manufacturers may have been interested, but the majority of fans weren't! At least this way we'll get a taster of the cars before any change happens...

...that said, I can't see electric arriving at anything other than the highest level for sometime so, even if the World Championship does end up switching, the European and other national Championship are likely to stick with ICE for the foreseeable future.

15 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I think overall the electric drivelines could work very well in RX because of the torque.

This is honestly one of the reasons I don't see it working, sure they will be lightning off the line but after that? It will surely just be a parade, any slight mistake and you're instantly back up to speed and not punished for it in the same way as an ICE punishes you, I dunno I just think it will be boring from a racing standpoint, not to mention the lack of noise which lets be honest, is at least 25% of the attraction of RX 

I'd have preferred it if they'd just made RX2 electric. Would have made sense.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! 😄 

The famous Lydden Hill returns and two new tracks with Killarney and Abu Dhabi. 

Than we get new and updated cars if I understand well for the 2019 content:
- Renault Clio RS RX - NEW!!!!
- Renault Megane RS RX - maybe some updated specs, like i mentioned earlier this topic
- Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) - this is the OMSE version, maybe updated with cooling in the back
- Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD) - NEW!!!! I guess this is the M-Sport / STARD MK7 version which was raced earlier this season by Pal Try and Jani Paasonen.
- Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5 - NEW!!!! This is the STARD MK8 Fiesta I guess
- Peugeot 208 WRX - i don't really know if there is difference between the 2019 spec and the version already in the game
- Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro - Ofcourse already in game. Don't know if they do updates, or maybe the older spec used by JC Racetekic (Larsson, Ide, Ekstrom, ...)
- SEAT Ibiza RX - NEW!!!!! 

It looks like 4 complete new cars.

------------

So CotA will not be in the game as the only 2018, but the choice is quite normal to choose for Killarney as it in in both 2018 and 2019. Although it is still a suprise, because that is a complete new scratch made track, while they could have (the well demanded) Spa RX track, which is also already in the F1 games. 

One another MAJOR suprise. NO MINI. Really a big suprise, as XITE is heavily involved with with Codemasters (promotion, GRiD). 

And maybe not that big of a suprise after all. NO HYUNDAI. I guess the licensing is really difficult for it. Also don't forget Hyundai is heavily involved in WRC and e-sports of that. So I would not suprise there are politics into play here. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

- Peugeot 208 WRX - i don't really know if there is difference between the 2019 spec and the version already in the game
- Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro - Ofcourse already in game. Don't know if they do updates, or maybe the older spec used by JC Racetekic (Larsson, Ide, Ekstrom, ...)

I'll have to have another look, but I can't recall which version of the car the 208 in DR2.0 is based on. The 2019 cars are (as I am sure you already know) the cars from the first half of the 2018 season with some minor tweaks. 

Yeah, the 2019 cars (RX Cartel & Szabo) are the later specification S1's with some minor refinements, which aren't that dissimilar to the cars we already have in game. 

35 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

One another MAJOR suprise. NO MINI. Really a big suprise, as XITE is heavily involved with with Codemasters (promotion, GRiD). 

Maybe a licensing issue? Or perhaps they aren't bothering because the car is a bit ****. 

36 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

And maybe not that big of a suprise after all. NO HYUNDAI. I guess the licensing is really difficult for it. Also don't forget Hyundai is heavily involved in WRC and e-sports of that. So I would not suprise there are politics into play here. 

This is the biggest disappointment in RX terms. Oh, and that my beloved Solberg DS3 isn't back! 

(Although the Citroen that was in previous games was actually based on a LD Motorsport car). 

• Like 1

So much RX content!!! 😄

But my OCD really can’t handle leaving both 2018 and 2019 seasons incomplete 😞

Seat Ibiza RX will be my go to car though, that thing looks incredible 

• Haha 1

I think the MINI might be a free car that will come to the game, instead of being it DLC. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Bennett carries on to make suspense with us. 

DF4A4519-B499-4276-A44A-41A67B581FD7.png

Bennett continues to know nothing... 😄

• Haha 2

Some of you guys here might know this sort of thing better than I, if I wanted to make an historically accurate Group B RX championship what tracks should be included that we'll eventually have in game?

Lydden, Estering and Loheac perhaps? Maybe Hell and Holjes too? I'm not really up on my classic RX knowledge...

1 hour ago, MattyH1812 said:

Some of you guys here might know this sort of thing better than I, if I wanted to make an historically accurate Group B RX championship what tracks should be included that we'll eventually have in game?

Lydden, Estering and Loheac perhaps? Maybe Hell and Holjes too? I'm not really up on my classic RX knowledge...

Lydden, Loheac, Estering and Holjes all hosted European Rallycross rounds during the Group B era. 

Rallycross didn't go to Hell until much later. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Lydden, Loheac, Estering and Holjes all hosted European Rallycross rounds during the Group B era. 

Rallycross didn't go to Hell until much later. 

Perfect, exactly what I was after cheers! 🙂

This will make a nice little championship when we get Lydden 

Posted (edited)

hm, so nothing really unexpected. had a feeling they'd bring back Lydden and skip CotA, but not getting Spa or the Hyundai is kind of disappointing.

don't give a **** about the Mini.

edit: I meant unexpected, not expected

Edited by ianism

7 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

Perfect, exactly what I was after cheers! 🙂

This will make a nice little championship when we get Lydden 

Well, in that era there was no jokerlap...

4 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Well, in that era there was no jokerlap...

Good point, would be a nice game feature to turn on/off the joker lap for custom events. Or maybe say two joker laps need standard take.

7 hours ago, ianism said:

don't give a **** about the Mini.

Have to say I'm not that fussed about it as well. Sure I'll try it if they add it, but there are other rallycross Supercars I'd much rather see first. 

My biggest rallycross gripe at the moment (and the Discord conversation inflamed it again last night) is the RX RS200: it's specs are wrong and it needs more go! 

I'd have loved to have the Mini.

But even better would have been the Group B Audi Sport quattro S1 RX and an Vauxhall Astra 4S RX to fill out that Group B RX class. ❤️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chukonu said:

But even better would have been the Group B Audi Sport quattro S1 RX and an Vauxhall Astra 4S RX to fill out that Group B RX class. ❤️

The quattro I can take or leave in Group B RX as it was largely outclassed at the time, but the Astra is a superb suggestion. Needs to appear in game with the correct John Welch livery as well! 

• Agree 1