2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

I guess I'm the weirdo who never really cared for the Brands RX layout. :classic_laugh:

I really don't like PC2. Almost impossible to drive a bit normal with a controller. Maybe I should try it again with some changes on set-up and controller settings, but i not have my hopes high. I try played it for a time.. But I think it stayed on 2 hours or something. 

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

I guess I'm the weirdo who never really cared for the Brands RX layout. :classic_laugh:

Show yourself out of the thread @mwoodski

59 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I really don't like PC2. Almost impossible to drive a bit normal with a controller. 

This is exactly what put me off as I read quite a few comments from controller players. 

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Does the title of that game involve the word "Project" by any chance?...

...I nearly picked that up because of the rallycross content, but heard some very mixed reviews about the game. 

Thats the one !

Haven't played it in a long time, in my humble opinion a hardcore sim style never really clicked on the gravel 

I'm not one for spending hours going through endless setup settings 

But the thrill of flat out along the knife edge ! Oh its got a joker lap also

As a rallycross fan that alone made me buy pc2 

49 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Show yourself out of the thread @mwoodski

It's too awkward and there's no flow!

Posted (edited)

Bwoaahhh, What a track!!!! So short, but maybe the most challenging so far of all. The braking downhill I still trying to find the correct braking point. After the technical part uphil starts and need to nail it quite well. I am happy I have seen the WRX in real there last year. It actually helps with the uphill section, although I might go a bit to much sideways in the left hander before the right hander. (the track is only missing a jump 😛)

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

@PJTierney You know if the team is busy with some RX features?

Also I have noted it here:
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35255-jorritvd’s-suggestions-for-dirt-rally-20/

Return of RX race structures from DR1/D4
- "Final only" with 6 cars in position (so not the current one with 5 cars next to each other in qualifying heats) (This was in DR1 and D4)
- "Finals". So only with Semi-Finals and Final. So no qualifying heats (This was in DR1 and D4)
- Maybe some new ones:
--- Short event: with one quali round, semi final and a final.
--- Full event, but without the consolidation finals

Alternative track lay-outs
- Returning from D4: Hell, Holjes, Lydden Hill, Loheac, Montelegre
- Maybe also for the new tracks if realistic. Think Estering, Silverstone and GP3R ain't possible. 

Night weather option
- F.e. F1 games has it for Monaco and other tracks as far as i know.
- DiRT 3 had it for Monaco RX.
It would be cool to race in the night with Rallycross with all the lighteffect (flames from the exhaust, dust, hot brakes, brake lights. Ok, they not have headlights. But therefore there could be track lights ofcourse. 

I think the night option would be my favorite option 😄 

Night option will be good.

Only gripe I have with Estering is that the AI are pretty slow, and during my semi-final the cars were arranged 5 across with the inside most car having another one shoved up it's backside.

• Haha 2

Making Consolidation Finals optional instead of always on in custom events is a MAJOR gripe of mine, and yes I am still gonna mention it every patch and at every opportunity :P

I have a pretty long RX wishlist but they're mostly bug fixes atm 😞 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Night option will be good.

Only gripe I have with Estering is that the AI are pretty slow, and during my semi-final the cars were arranged 5 across with the inside most car having another one shoved up it's backside.

Yeah the semi grid bug can catch you out, the first time it happened to me it nearly ruined a custom championship

I was left a steaming pile of scrap on the start line only seems to be a grop B problem for me 

Work around, befor race starts go back to main menu go back into event the grid should be staggered 

Edited by b0yc1e

16 hours ago, mwoodski said:

It's too awkward and there's no flow!

Haven't you left yet? 😄 I appreciate that nostalgia is a strong factor with regards to the Brands layout. Does Project Cars use the original layout, or the later configuration? 

12 hours ago, mwoodski said:

The AI does seem to be a bit glitchy (and slow) in places, but I am still having a blast with Estering. Only a short lap, but a couple of corners that are really easy to mess up. 

13 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Night option possible in the new Abu Dhabi track?

I wondered if there is going to be a night option in game. I hope so, as that circuit needs something to make it interesting. 

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Haven't you left yet? 😄 I appreciate that nostalgia is a strong factor with regards to the Brands layout. Does Project Cars use the original layout, or the later configuration? 

The AI does seem to be a bit glitchy (and slow) in places, but I am still having a blast with Estering. Only a short lap, but a couple of corners that are really easy to mess up. 

I wondered if there is going to be a night option in game. I hope so, as that circuit needs something to make it interesting. 

Yeah classic layout but with 2 devils elbows, one the joker !

They also had a ice rallycross track !

Edited by b0yc1e

Here in the Netherlands the RX also not really well, the Eurocircuit Valkenswaard has problems with permits and almost can't be open for RX events. 

I'm trying to push the TT-Circuit Assen, which is near me home, to build and RX lay-out in their track. 
It is close to Germany and if the Eurocircuit has hopefully its permits correct again, it could be quite a boost for the RX community in the Netherlands.

My idea for the track at Assen
- Calculated, the track is a few hundred meters to short. But with extending the gravel sections this can be solved
- The last corner is an hairpin. If this section could be make longer, than an extra jump can be added
- My idea is to have a fast first turn, it will make it very excited with the starts and to make big drifts
- The tighter corners are in gravel, so it makes more sense to send it than keeping it tight.
- There is a jump section, as I said, if the track is a bit longer, a 3rd jump can be made. You could see it as a kinda "finland" section with multiple (not to big) jumps after each other. 
image.thumb.png.0ee089932041603f2a17c500e8793e57.png

Don't really think Assen would be a good place. No historic in rallycross in the north (more oval racing) and to far from Belgium. Probably the motorrace track near Oss would be a better place.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Don't really think Assen would be a good place. No historic in rallycross in the north (more oval racing) and to far from Belgium. Probably the motorrace track near Oss would be a better place.

I think you have no idea about the Netherlands. Oval Racing in the north?? Never heard off. There is quite some Autocross over here yes which have oval shaped track, but Oval racing? There is just one Oval track, and that is in Venray and used for the European Nascar series.  

Assen would be perfect to start building an northern RX community in the Netherlands. With that, you get a bigger RX community in the Netherlands. Doesn't matter if the history is here or not. It is to create a bigger RX community and with Assen I think the facilities and money to do it. 

And if the Motorrace track near Oss is also suitable, than make an RX track of that as well.

It seems you rather have the RX community to be dead in the Netherlands than have an RX track on Assen. But it is to create and build, and with more facilities than it also comes more attractive for teams to invest in, teams like Bas Koeten Racing, Ferry Monster Autosport, Johan Kraan, Autocross teams who can also race with their cars on RX tracks. Business cases become more interesting an new opportunities. 

Also to far from Belgium? I see Belgium people go to France and the Estering, which is more far away. 

I think Assen would be a great place for a WRX event, sure.

And well, I DO have an idea how rx works in Netherlands/Belgium. Competitor since 1985 and spectator since 1973. Still attend every rx event, know the public, know rhe organisers, know the problems. Suggesting other places to take over, or on top of, it is not the right time for that now. It surely not helps the hard working people who want to save the Eurocircuir.

So I've got full photography credentials for WRX now, gonna to Canada next year and if funds allow, gonna shoot for Holjes.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

So I've got full photography credentials for WRX now, gonna to Canada next year and if funds allow, gonna shoot for Holjes.

Who are you shooting for? I desperately want to get to Holjes (and Hell), but I haven't managed to fit either of them in yet!

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Who are you shooting for? I desperately want to get to Holjes (and Hell), but I haven't managed to fit either of them in yet!

A buddy of mines website here in the states.  He sent me over the confirmation for credentials email yesterday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

A buddy of mines website here in the states.  He sent me over the confirmation for credentials email yesterday.

Awesome! Sure you already know, but you have to apply for individual event accreditation through the FiA website: it's better than it was but I still find it hard work!  

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Awesome! Sure you already know, but you have to apply for individual event accreditation through the FiA website: it's better than it was but I still find it hard work!  

I did not know that and I am glad you told me. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

I did not know that and I am glad you told me. :classic_laugh:

Ha! It's a confusing setup (well I think it is). If you are applying for a round in your home country then you have to e-mail a representative for that round, if you are applying for a round outside your country of origin then you have to apply via the FiA accreditation website. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Ha! It's a confusing setup (well I think it is). If you are applying for a round in your home country then you have to e-mail a representative for that round, if you are applying for a round outside your country of origin then you have to apply via the FiA accreditation website. 

We don't have any in my home country for WRX(I'm in the USA), so this'll be an adventure lmao.

• Haha 1