2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

someone interested to do a kinda RX online league on PS4?

I would take part in it. It would be awesome.

I think I've found out what is causing the grid bug for semi finals, this is copied from my bug report (minus the PJ tag):

UPDATE 3: I believe this bug is caused by consolidation finals. When the semi finals load, it says Consolidation Semi-Final on the information screen where the track is showcased, even if you finish the heats in the top 12. Consolidation finals have 5 car lineups right. So that would be why the cars are lined up in a row of 5 with the 6th car out of position. Maybe this bug will mean the removal of consolidation finals as an always on feature, like I've been pushing for since they were introduced :classic_biggrin:

Anyone an idea how to solve that the mirrors stay black in the game? Started with 1.7 and/or VR.

Busy RX weekend:

ERX at Estering with live streams. NRX at Utah with live streams. Both live streams on fb and YouTube.

Andrew Coley is doing commentating for NRX. He really seems to be the voice of international RX.

Travis Pastrana’s livery is the Classic Subaru livery with Red Bull logos on it. And Block’s livery is same as of Arpin, just a bit greyed out.

I don't think anyone would blame you for posting the official youtube live stream links here.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, JorritVD said:

someone interested to do a kinda RX online league on PS4?

I am ! 💪🏻

34 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Who will comment the Erx ? I hope it is not Neil Cole alone.👀

I'd bet on Dan Rooke being there for commentary, not sure who else. Neil did do a Nordic RX weekend which was quite good.

Posted (edited)

(Obligatory "there should be a round somewhere in October so we don't have two months between Latvia and S. Africa" post.)

Loheac Entry List for WRX

image.thumb.png.21d62388a26c5db79409533b692f4861.png

Edited by mwoodski

7 hours ago, mats27 said:

I'd bet on Dan Rooke being there for commentary, not sure who else. Neil did do a Nordic RX weekend which was quite good.

For your information

534F4CA6-325F-4CEE-ACFE-BBDC5F5717C7.jpeg

• Like 2

Scott Speed broke his back on a landing during Q1 yesterday.  He finished the run then went to the hospital and will be out for the remainder of the NRX weekend.

22 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Scott Speed broke his back on a landing during Q1 yesterday.  He finished the run then went to the hospital and will be out for the remainder of the NRX weekend.

Yep like I told you on page 12 of this topic. Just can't understand why they stick to such stupid jump. Also, as a long time rx competitor, I would for sure don't race at such place. RX is fun to do but prio-1 is to go healthy to work on monday...

• Like 1

What the ****, how is this race even allowed to happen man? Insanity!

Speed is lucky the next ARX race isn’t for a while, maybe he’ll recover in time

owh man, sorry to hear about Speed. Though I not read anywhere it happened with the gap jump. Because I haven't seen heavy landings with than one. There are other jumps which have tougher landings. 

Btw, some footage from Red Bull

LCQ ROUNDS livestream

FINAL livestream

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

owh man, sorry to hear about Speed. Though I not read anywhere it happened with the gap jump. Because I haven't seen heavy landings with than one. There are other jumps which have tougher landings.

Yeah, they just mentioned that it was overshooting one of the jumps and landing on the flat.

If you overshot the gap jump to land on the flat you'd have to leave the jump at over 140mph.

Watching the coverage now, I'm gonna bet he sailed it over the last jump on the track, the one right before they rejoin the pavement on the front straight.  It's a sharp run up to a short tabletop, and everyone's spiking the brakes now before going over the top of it.

Edited by mwoodski
  • Agree 1

No idea how he managed that, last year most of the drivers were using an electric limiter for the jump to hold them at the perfect speed.

1 hour ago, mats27 said:

No idea how he managed that, last year most of the drivers were using an electric limiter for the jump to hold them at the perfect speed.

They now had to. I also think it not was the gap jump, but the double wave jump. I not think the last jump either, because the time would have been faster. Still amazing he finished the lap thought, must have been painful with three broken parts.

positive news though, it seems Speed will do a natural recovery without surgery.

It will take eight weeks and I wouldn’t be suprised after that he still need to do a lot of physical and possible mental recovery. His season is definitely over. 

Yeah, the big jumps and motorcross style sections look cool, but I don't think rallycross needs gimmicks for good racing and, as has been proven in the past, these "spectacle" circuits just seem to result in drivers getting badly hurt. 

Glad that the Euros were on this weekend, so I could watch some proper rallycross! :classic_biggrin:

42 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, the big jumps and motorcross style sections look cool, but I don't think rallycross needs gimmicks for good racing and, as has been proven in the past, these "spectacle" circuits just seem to result in drivers getting badly hurt. 

Glad that the Euros were on this weekend, so I could watch some proper rallycross! :classic_biggrin:

Well, I do understand, but I got into RX due to DiRT3 and... Global Rallycross. 

Although the gimmicks are not needed for good racing, it is ofcourse an USP to attract new fans, together with a Foust, Block and Pastrana. And how more fans there are around the world, the better it is for the future of RX imo. 

Most of the times I prefer the old school tracks. If that is RX or if that is with sportscar racing. But I think also the new Spa RX track is cool.

And I think if the NRX track would be in the game, it might be one of the most popular ones. Although it might be a bit difficult due to licensing, NRX is not from IMG ofcourse, but maybe add it might be beneficial for NRX, ARX and WRX. People who liked NRX might follow now ARX and WRX as well. More teams might consider doing NRX. Etc. And this could f.e. result in Hyundai and Honda returning.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

ya I don't know if anyone one here has noticed but a lot of the comments on those NRX videos on YouTube are asking for the track in DR2 haha

does anyone have a link to video of the heats and qualifying from day 1? can't find it anywhere. maybe we could find out what happened to Speed.

Edited by ianism

2 hours ago, ianism said:

does anyone have a link to video of the heats and qualifying from day 1? can't find it anywhere. maybe we could find out what happened to Speed.

I don't think any of it was shown? I was getting notifications for most of the Nitro events and I don't recall seeing any for the early races? 

Guess I'll have to agree to disagree with you all on this one. Poor track design in the US took Gronholm out of competitive driving and that still irks me! 

• Agree 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:26 PM, JorritVD said:

@PJTierney You know if the team is busy with some RX features?

Also I have noted it here:
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35255-jorritvd’s-suggestions-for-dirt-rally-20/

Return of RX race structures from DR1/D4
- "Final only" with 6 cars in position (so not the current one with 5 cars next to each other in qualifying heats) (This was in DR1 and D4)
- "Finals". So only with Semi-Finals and Final. So no qualifying heats (This was in DR1 and D4)
- Maybe some new ones:
--- Short event: with one quali round, semi final and a final.
--- Full event, but without the consolidation finals

Alternative track lay-outs
- Returning from D4: Hell, Holjes, Lydden Hill, Loheac, Montelegre
- Maybe also for the new tracks if realistic. Think Estering, Silverstone and GP3R ain't possible. 

Night weather option
- F.e. F1 games has it for Monaco and other tracks as far as i know.
- DiRT 3 had it for Monaco RX.
It would be cool to race in the night with Rallycross with all the lighteffect (flames from the exhaust, dust, hot brakes, brake lights. Ok, they not have headlights. But therefore there could be track lights ofcourse. 

I think the night option would be my favorite option 😄 

Some interesting suggestions there 🙂 

I need to work on a community wishlist tracker soon (the past few months we've been refining the bug tracker and making it work for everyone; that was a bigger priority) where I could add that.

Whether it's likely to happen or not is a different story however. I imagine your night time one would only work on Abu Dhabi since the cars have painted on headlights 😉 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I imagine your night time one would only work on Abu Dhabi since the cars have painted on headlights 😉 

Just need a couple of spotlights at the side of the track and you're good to go...

...just don't stray off the track! 

Edited by tbtstt