2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

6 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

That's a shame, guess that pretty much cements Foust as the champion, seeing Petter back would be so cool though

He's referring to Oliver.

Petter's on the farewell tour.

33 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

He's referring to Oliver.

Petter's on the farewell tour.

Oh! The dream is over 😭

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Scott Speed is out for the rest of the year, But looking to recover well. No replacement driver announced yet. I hope Pastrana or maybe Solberg.

Damn shame for Subaru, as he looked likely to give SRTUSA their first rallycross Championship this year. 

I think Pastrana has scheduling conflicts and Oliver had previously stated that he was focusing on rally this year: that said I'd love to see Solberg in ARX! 

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Damn shame for Subaru, as he looked likely to give SRTUSA their first rallycross Championship this year. 

I think Pastrana has scheduling conflicts and Oliver had previously stated that he was focusing on rally this year: that said I'd love to see Solberg in ARX! 

RallyGB only 6 days after COTA, possible but very inconvenient for them?

Updates from Latvia / Riga

The ES Skoda got a big update. The cooling is now in the back. Could be this is actually the 2nd Fabia they build. 

69894707_2457614047663157_2802287640324341760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQl4lrwFsBTWMMKcXmG3BLOkLjIcDH-uKI-dnKlsr6-7XBy2dxCc5DccB4jbla96fZc&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=0b14c2a37c99fd719d59d3c89cb9618a&oe=5DF7C85B

The MINI of Bennett is repaired in time. 

71051930_2457613747663187_8034919010837463040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmQ95vs2gkSNOWF-WwU0GPk3uzK-_OaMEuPB-LWXCVMOdMmSun9omsHpedl-a64vus&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=0ec9e70576c54801ba98f3cba67486f0&oe=5E0B36F6

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mats27 said:

RallyGB only 6 days after COTA, possible but very inconvenient for them?

Yeah, it's a bit tight, isn't it? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The MINI of Bennett is repaired in time. 

71051930_2457613747663187_8034919010837463040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmQ95vs2gkSNOWF-WwU0GPk3uzK-_OaMEuPB-LWXCVMOdMmSun9omsHpedl-a64vus&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=0ec9e70576c54801ba98f3cba67486f0&oe=5E0B36F6

Fixed just in time to be rolled/smashed/break down again! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MattyH1812 said:

One point!!! One singular point!

That's all I have to say

But still I hope Kevin grabs it 😀

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

But still I hope Kevin grabs it 😀

If a Hansen is gonna win, I'd Prefer Kevin to get it over Timmy at this point, Timmy's attitude is really starting to **** me off :classic_laugh:

Depending on how South Africa goes, I suspect the Hansens will employ team orders to push one of them ahead of Bakkerud.

• Agree 1

Pretty good event in Riga. I had planned to be there this weekend, but the previous weekend and also next weekend I have busy plans.

Next to that I have an invitation to meet a Dutch RX team which has a lot of experience in RX. Has build a lot of RX cars and parts including for teams who are on the WRX and ERX grid. Looking to check if I can do S1600 next, but need to get a lot of budget to have a good serious program. But if I manage, than maybe next year you guys might see me on the ERX grid 🤪

Now about Riga. Quite good racing. But the track... To much is decided on the first turn. Also strange penalties. The Larsson DQ. IMO a race incident. 

I think Timmy has raced well on Sunday and I think the win is more than deserved. But the Hansen also had quite an advantage with testing a lot at the Riga track.

One thing I am happy about is the championship fight. How can people not be happy the factory teams are gone? Multiple race winners, multiple drivers on the podium, a lot of different drivers in the finals, and the championship fight till the last race and just one point between the first two. And those drivers had a mega incident in the first round.

For South Africa it will be excited, though the Hansens performed there better than Bakkerud when they were there the last seasons 😕 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

Nah man, Bakkerud all the way

Yeah. I am supporting Bakkerud, though I do agree...

15 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

If a Hansen is gonna win, I'd Prefer Kevin to get it over Timmy at this point, Timmy's attitude is really starting to **** me off :classic_laugh:

...that I find Kevin the less-irritating of the two Hansen brothers. 

With four event wins I daresay Timmy has earned the title but, despite what I have been told by various people about him being a decent guy, I am still struggling to warm to him. His whinge after winning Q3 sounded like a petulant child. 

Bit belated, but I took a ton of pictures in France and various activities have prevented me from sorting through them sooner... 

48741663258_eb23b181b6_b.jpg

48741991661_99b343b4d4_b.jpg

48742174927_a74516ec9c_b.jpg

48741992126_ddf88e2f84_b.jpg

48741991836_f1d5c53e0e_b.jpg

48741665688_3d6297f314_b.jpg

...as ever, full album here: 

Flickr - World RX, Round 8 2019

If anyone is interested in seeing more!

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JorritVD said:

How can people not be happy the factory teams are gone?

I think it's no secret that a lot of the teams are really struggling for budget without factory backing. Yes you get better racing in the short term, but longer term it's not good.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, mats27 said:

I think it's no secret that a lot of the teams are really struggling for budget without factory backing. Yes you get better racing in the short term, but longer term it's not good.

Yeah, the long term is the worry now. The Championship either needs to scale things down a bit so the privateers can finance it, or somehow get the manufacturer interest back. 

Personally I hope the former happens, though I suspect they will continue to chase the latter. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, JorritVD said:

How can people not be happy the factory teams are gone?

This is the first season I've actively watched and I barely miss their presence.

Normally I like manufacturer battles (Porsche v Audi v Toyota was what got me into sportscars) but the racing's been close enough this year to not worry about them.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Pretty good event in Riga. I had planned to be there this weekend, but the previous weekend and also next weekend I have busy plans.

Next to that I have an invitation to meet a Dutch RX team which has a lot of experience in RX. Has build a lot of RX cars and parts including for teams who are on the WRX and ERX grid. Looking to check if I can do S1600 next, but need to get a lot of budget to have a good serious program. But if I manage, than maybe next year you guys might see me on the ERX grid 🤪

Now about Riga. Quite good racing. But the track... To much is decided on the first turn. Also strange penalties. The Larsson DQ. IMO a race incident. 

I think Timmy has raced well on Sunday and I think the win is more than deserved. But the Hansen also had quite an advantage with testing a lot at the Riga track.

One thing I am happy about is the championship fight. How can people not be happy the factory teams are gone? Multiple race winners, multiple drivers on the podium, a lot of different drivers in the finals, and the championship fight till the last race and just one point between the first two. And those drivers had a mega incident in the first round.

For South Africa it will be excited, though the Hansens performed there better than Bakkerud when they were there the last seasons 😕 

Yeah it is tough to go to such an event, it is not like it was when all the action was on sunday so I had only to take the monday off (saturday and monday travelling). This year only saw 1 wrx event live, but Holjes was top again.

Good to read someone from the Benelux maybe in for next year. I know the team a bit, what they can build (probably what any team can build) is a long way from the Volland cars (though Bermingrud did some epic races). Also the commitment from that team must be a lot higher to get the job done.

I can imagine budget is hard to find over here at the moment, it is not that popular as it used to be. May I ask, on a scale from 1 to 10, where are you at the moment between wishfull thinking and looks good?

2 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

I can imagine budget is hard to find over here at the moment, it is not that popular as it used to be. May I ask, on a scale from 1 to 10, where are you at the moment between wishfull thinking and looks good?

If you would see my effort in my sponsor programm, than a 10. but yeah, the companies still need to like this idea and at the moment I haven't got a company commited yet, so that is a 1. But I also just started today with contacting some companies including a big local company here in the area who has a lot of international clients. I have a few different business ideas and plans. Also my hope is to do it the coming season, but if it not fall into place yet, than I continue the preperation for the next year.

Also I heared that it is very likely a new RX track will come in the Netherlands and the Dutch National Autosport Federation (KNAF) is busy with it to get things sorted.

Same here with me re: the Hansens.  Kevin seems like someone who's truly enjoying what he does.

This massive gap between Latvia and S. Africa really kinda pulls the wind outta the sails for the excitement factor of the championship.  Especially with a single point separating Bakkerud and T. Hansen, you want the championship round to be relatively close to the previous round to keep the emotions and excitement up.  Now they've got plenty of time to unwind and if there were any bad blood between the two on track, it'll be long forgotten.

The DQ for Larsson was ****, that's racing.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Same here with me re: the Hansens.  Kevin seems like someone who's truly enjoying what he does.

This massive gap between Latvia and S. Africa really kinda pulls the wind outta the sails for the excitement factor of the championship.  Especially with a single point separating Bakkerud and T. Hansen, you want the championship round to be relatively close to the previous round to keep the emotions and excitement up.  Now they've got plenty of time to unwind and if there were any bad blood between the two on track, it'll be long forgotten.

The DQ for Larsson was ****, that's racing.

Agreed with regards to the delay. Two to four weeks would be OK, but two months is ridiculous: I assume they are sending the cars on a very slow boat to keep the costs down!

And yeah, I thought that DQ was rubbish as well. I would like to see the onboard from Larsson though, just to confirm.