2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I agree. Scott Speed set some of the fastest times at Canada, but I'd say that circuit suits the Subaru. When it comes to some of the tighter European circuits, I think the STI would struggle against some of it's rivals. 

Haven't they massively shortened the wheelbase on the 2019 car? Can't remember but I heard it somewhere.

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

One thing IMG also need to think about is the broadcasting. They almost not broadcasted (live) the Super 1600 this season. This makes it less attractive for sponsors or drivers to step into this category. But this category is very important as a base, as a lot of these guys step up to Supercars like Bakkerud, Baumanis, Szabo, Baciuska. If you want more drivers in Supercars, than also the Super 1600 (and RX2) need to be broadcasted. Maybe not need to be live, but make a highlights show or delayed stream without commentary. 

Exactly, well said 

Remember in 2016 (I think) when there was a separate hour long highlights show put on YouTube for EuroRX, presented by Neil and covered S1600 and Touring Cars as well, I thought that was a great idea and should have continued

22 hours ago, mats27 said:

Haven't they massively shortened the wheelbase on the 2019 car? Can't remember but I heard it somewhere.

Oh really? I haven't heard that before, would be interested to know more if that is the case. 

Not sure they can do that - don't the rules of silhouette classes mean that part has to stay the same?

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Oh really? I haven't heard that before, would be interested to know more if that is the case. 

Not 100% sure.

I did do some research and it'd be a big overhaul to get the car into World RX, so I'm a little sceptical!

• Like 1

Quite some action yesterday in ARX. Foust was mega quick in the Beetle and seems to be in pole to take the championship. I really wonder what ARX will look like next year. 

Looks like SUBARU’s plan to stop Foust getting points didn’t work then?

55 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Looks like SUBARU’s plan to stop Foust getting points didn’t work then?

Almost did: Bakkerud had the lead in the final, but Foust found a gap! 

As much as I want to see Subaru do well, Foust deserves a lot more titles, so I wouldn't mind seeing him win. 

Hopefully Bakkerud and Wiman will get some seat time in the Subaru between now and the next round so they can get more comfortable with the car. 

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

As much as I want to see Subaru do well, Foust deserves a lot more titles, so I wouldn't mind seeing him win. 

Yup, he's stuck through it, hope he somehow makes it into World RX in the future too.

SUBARU will get there, Launch Control has shown they've been in it for the long haul and will eventually succeed. A factory WRX team would be cool though but let's see them top ARX first 🙂 

19 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Yup, he's stuck through it, hope he somehow makes it into World RX in the future too.

I have long hoped he would. He silenced a lot of critics when he came to the European Championship with OMSE, its a real shame that he didn't have a more consistent platform when he has been back over here. 

To be fair, Subaru should really be dominant at this point: their budget easily eclipses that of the other competitors in ARX (and quite likely those in WRX as well). 

Oh that last point about Subaru, @tbtstt - I agree, but i'll say one thing, that car might now be down at minimum weight for the regs, but it's still oversized, that was really obvious watching this event, so much at turn two, just trying to get it to rotate, barge special 😞

They're having to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and tbh it's almost working.

Last point, i disagree with Bakkerud's penalty - it's obvious that the extra nudge from behind is what rotated his car to have it's nose up inside Foust's car, and as any race driver would do, he floored it into the gap, legit racing moment in my eyes.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Last point, i disagree with Bakkerud's penalty - it's obvious that the extra nudge from behind is what rotated his car to have it's nose up inside Foust's car, and as any race driver would do, he floored it into the gap, legit racing moment in my eyes.

I think the penalty was for the whole incident with both Beetles. He tried to take the inside, but both Beetle were there and pushed Bingham into the tyres and ending his race, a bit similar to how Ekstrom pushed Solberg in the tyres at Barcelona in 2017( or was it 2018?).

Logically you would say that Bakkerud should have gone to the joker at the start. Now it was quite obvious it were pure tactics he needed to make the live of Foust difficult. 

Bakkerud maybe got a push at his back, but he forced that himself. It was good to see thought that Foust took the place back on track also with some elbowing. But also that might Bakkerud have forced with tactics (earlier breaking to slow down Foust).

overall my opinion is that the actions were on the edge. I can understand a penalty has been given, but if it not was given, I could also have understood.

• Agree 1

I thought Arpin was a bit out of order having a go at a specific steward saying he gets fired all the time, and blaming Subaru for the penalties when it was VW's he'd made contact with

Clearly lost his head early on

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

a bit similar to how Ekstrom pushed Solberg in the tyres at Barcelona in 2017( or was it 2018?).

2018: was the opening round of the season! 

A Launch Control episode mixed with a bakkerud life episode has to be juicy ! 😄

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

yeah, the contrast between Bakkerud's very silly antics and his videoblog style with Subaru's very serious narrator and obsession with nice shots and high production value would be.... interesting....

18 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

I'd like to see Bakkerud appear on one of the Hoonigan channels. Bakkerud thrashing a Supercar around the burnyard would be pretty entertaining! 

I'm jusy thinking, isn't it just strange that the only real 2019 RX track will be launched in season 3 and not in season 4 with the rest of the 2019 DLC? While at the same time in Season 4 there are two tracks which are not pure 2019 tracks. Lydden Hill last visit was in 2017 and Killarney is not new for 2019. It would have made a bit more sense that Lydden and the Abu Dhabi Rx tracks have switched from seasons. And if they really wanted a new location in season 3, than also Killarney would make sense, although I think developing it costs more time as that is from scratch and the Abu Dhabi track is partly ported from the F1 series.

Not that I am complaining, but just I was wondering for the choice to have the new 2019 RX track not with the other 2019 RX DLC.

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I'm jusy thinking, isn't it just strange that the only real 2019 RX track will be launched in season 3 and not in season 4 with the rest of the 2019 DLC? While at the same time in Season 4 there are two tracks which are not pure 2019 tracks. Lydden Hill last visit was in 2017 and Killarney is not new for 2019. It would have made a bit more sense that Lydden and the Abu Dhabi Rx tracks have switched from seasons. And if they really wanted a new location in season 3, than also Killarney would make sense, although I think developing it costs more time as that is from scratch and the Abu Dhabi track is partly ported from the F1 series.

Not that I am complaining, but just I was wondering for the choice to have the new 2019 RX track not with the other 2019 RX DLC.

if anything, Lydden Hill should come out now, so that there's more new content in Season 4. honestly though, I think you're over-analyzing this. it doesn't really matter.

12 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Set your clocks, video will go live on Monday evening 😉 

@PJTierney, you already tried the track? 

I will be interested. I like all new RX tracks so far. Hope this one will also be fun.

does the team have any more plans for RX besides the already announced RX DLC?

12 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

does the team have any more plans for RX besides the already announced RX DLC?

Spa and COTA would make this the most complete RX game we could ever hope for with 2 full seasons of cars and tracks, that's what I'm hoping for

19 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

@PJTierney, you already tried the track?

Done about 20 laps or so.

Chicanes are real right, and I've already done this 🙃

• Like 1