Jump to content

2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Recommended Posts

I love those swedies circuit commentators. shouting and full excitement at the same time. ah jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj 

They should record it and implement it in the game 😛 I thought in D3 something like this was in the game. When hit the wall the crowd went mad. 

 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there when this happened. First time I saw a rallycross car destroying some trees 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the French RX championship they had a night event at Druex last weekend
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto, nacht en buiten

The French seem really to love RX, always big crowds 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

The French seem really to love RX, always big crowds

Loéhac gets like 80,000 every year 😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Loéhac gets like 80,000 every year 😮 

Abu Dhabi got roughly 1000 times less than that this year right? 😂 Seemed like it from the grandstands anyhow

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The French seem really to love RX, always big crowds 🙂

Yes, we do 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Loéhac gets like 80,000 every year 😮 

I must confess am not convinced by some of the crowd figures that are quoted for World RX events, I think they are often cumulative totals over two (or three) days. 

Loheac is a very busy event, but I don't believe that 80,000 walk through the gate on the Sunday!

Irrespective I definitely agree that the French seem to love rallycross. The French National series is brilliant and the crowds always seem enthusiastic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried WRX more because big part of the game is WRX. It's pretty good from gaming perspective and I will play it for sure. But I checked again real racing and it's pretty bad. Why are they pushing each other to the walls? What's the point of racing if anybody can push you to the wall and not only destroys your car but results too? Are there any big penalties? Because without it the game is great but real life doesn't make any sense 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 5:57 PM, JorritVD said:

I love those swedies circuit commentators. shouting and full excitement at the same time. ah jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj jaj 

They should record it and implement it in the game 😛 I thought in D3 something like this was in the game. When hit the wall the crowd went mad. 

 

Was the attacker disqualified? 😮 That's exactly what I am talking about 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

What's the point of racing if anybody can push you to the wall and not only destroys your car but results too? Are there any big penalties? Because without it the game is great but real life doesn't make any sense 😄

Not sure exactly what races you have been watching, but there aren't that many with terminal contact in them...

3 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Was the attacker disqualified? 😮 That's exactly what I am talking about 😄

...and yes, the attacker was punished!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

I tried WRX more because big part of the game is WRX. It's pretty good from gaming perspective and I will play it for sure. But I checked again real racing and it's pretty bad. Why are they pushing each other to the walls? What's the point of racing if anybody can push you to the wall and not only destroys your car but results too? Are there any big penalties? Because without it the game is great but real life doesn't make any sense 😄

Bakkerud into Hansen at Abu Dhabi. Bakkerud DSQ for the event. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2G1JzQNuY

Hansen divebombing Ekstrom at Holjes. Hansen penalised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjwTlpIeqI

Ekstrom "pushing" Solberg into the tyre wall. Ekstrom penalised or DSQ from the final.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwVJFXemaI

Hansen keeps fully going while keep on crashing into Marklund. If I remember well Timmy was penalised or DSQ from the semis.
https://youtu.be/wKGW8_uTP5s?t=3911
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Not sure exactly what races you have been watching, but there aren't that many with terminal contact in them...

...and yes, the attacker was punished!

I am not sure I played official WRX videos with best of track for a season. It's not everywhere but when it is it's really strange.

That's good if he was punished. Stricter rules could be probably even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Bakkerud into Hansen at Abu Dhabi. Bakkerud DSQ for the event. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2G1JzQNuY

Hansen divebombing Ekstrom at Holjes. Hansen penalised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjwTlpIeqI

Ekstrom "pushing" Solberg into the tyre wall. Ekstrom penalised or DSQ from the final.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwVJFXemaI

Hansen keeps fully going while keep on crashing into Marklund. If I remember well Timmy was penalised or DSQ from the semis.
https://youtu.be/wKGW8_uTP5s?t=3911
 

Thanks, it looks great. I saw some nasty things and it wasn't in the video penalized so I am not sure but at least this is. That's good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nah, part of the appeal of RX to me is that it's full bump and grind racing.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

nah, part of the appeal of RX to me is that it's full bump and grind racing.

There is a balance: I really like to see cars jostling for position (and the same applies with Touring Cars), but I don't like to see people getting fired off and/or such heavy contact that the officials have to completely rearrange the results post-race. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2020 schedule is planned to be announced next week, but Montelegre returns. 

https://twitter.com/fiaworldrx/status/118768315129808486

rumours are that Riga will be dropped, although I wouldn’t be suprised that it will become a standalone event for ERX, like Estering was this season. 

And with also Projekt E now as support series I also wouldn’t be suprised there will be actually more standalone ERX rounds in 2020, which imo is a good development.

 

Edited by JorritVD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The 2020 schedule is planned to be announced next week, but Montelegre returns. 

https://twitter.com/fiaworldrx/status/118768315129808486

rumours are that Riga will be dropped, although I wouldn’t be suprised that it will become a standalone event for ERX, like Estering was this season. 

And with also Projekt E now as support series I also wouldn’t be suprised there will be actually more standalone ERX rounds in 2020, which imo is a good development.

good to see Montalegre back! hope they go back to Estering too, and keep Riga. 

I don't know, I just like my calendar to have to most WRX possible 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianism said:

good to see Montalegre back! hope they go back to Estering too, and keep Riga. 

I don't know, I just like my calendar to have to most WRX possible 🙂

I think the WRX scheduele will not be expendad. As a "comensation" you can get with more standalone ERX events more top Rallycross events, which will be good for the sport. But also more events that will broadcasted live, but also the smaller ERX teams get more attention, which is ofcourse more attractive for sponsors and things. All-in-all a great way to let the championship to grow.

I think the Estering is a good track for ERX. It is a small accomodation, so quickly full, also if less spectators will come. 

The choice to drop Riga in favor for Montelegre is a bit odd. The area of Estonia, Latvia en Lithuania (and basically also Russia) deliver a lot more drivers than wat Portugal do. With that in mind, I therefore think than Riga might still become a ERX round. 

So my prediction is that there will be more standalone ERX rounds, and next to the Estering and Riga also maybe Lydden Hill will be ERX round (because my expectation is that WRX, RX2 and P.E will be at Stilverstone). My expectation:

image.png.d205298f331a9044a9baa02fcf6b7e3c.png

Edited by JorritVD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not using often the Polo (maybe the last time in an event was months ago), but somehow got it up to speed yesterday in an online session. After only competing in the Q4 I needed to start from the back in the semi-final. Semi-Final the usual chaos is at the start in T1, but after than with reasonable clean driving I could manage be first. The final I not recorded, but after the start I was in P2, but made to many mistakes myself (car also felt a bit different after someone pushed me in T1) and finished P3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/10495/furazhkin-to-compete-in-cape?fbclid=IwAR1fuLDX9RaR8JZh86mS6-aAU8r48rd4V1kFuiQ4XmJBfQKgB10fzuTdJA4

This is pure shame. Abbring knows how to drive the skoda.

"“It was requested by Matvey’s partners and sponsors that for more experience in rallycross he should do South Africa. Matvey’s future goal is a full season in the Championship and while he joined almost at the end of this year, we would also like to do as much development testing with him as possible in order to be able to compete next season,”"

Money money money ...

 

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 9:32 PM, JorritVD said:

I think the WRX scheduele will not be expendad. As a "comensation" you can get with more standalone ERX events more top Rallycross events, which will be good for the sport. But also more events that will broadcasted live, but also the smaller ERX teams get more attention, which is ofcourse more attractive for sponsors and things. All-in-all a great way to let the championship to grow.

I think the Estering is a good track for ERX. It is a small accomodation, so quickly full, also if less spectators will come. 

The choice to drop Riga in favor for Montelegre is a bit odd. The area of Estonia, Latvia en Lithuania (and basically also Russia) deliver a lot more drivers than wat Portugal do. With that in mind, I therefore think than Riga might still become a ERX round. 

So my prediction is that there will be more standalone ERX rounds, and next to the Estering and Riga also maybe Lydden Hill will be ERX round (because my expectation is that WRX, RX2 and P.E will be at Stilverstone). My expectation:

image.png.d205298f331a9044a9baa02fcf6b7e3c.png

The organiser IMG has decided not to run standalone ERX meetings for 2020...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, that is a shame, was hoping Abbring could give ES Motorsport a good result to finish the season with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/10495/furazhkin-to-compete-in-cape?fbclid=IwAR1fuLDX9RaR8JZh86mS6-aAU8r48rd4V1kFuiQ4XmJBfQKgB10fzuTdJA4

This is pure shame. Abbring knows how to drive the skoda.

"“It was requested by Matvey’s partners and sponsors that for more experience in rallycross he should do South Africa. Matvey’s future goal is a full season in the Championship and while he joined almost at the end of this year, we would also like to do as much development testing with him as possible in order to be able to compete next season,”"

Money money money ...

 

ofcourse money. but it seems Furazhkin (difficult name to write 😛) might be in for the full season next year. So it is also logical you would want to give him more seat time if he will be your full season driver next year and if he also pays the bills it is kinda a win-win situation. Maybe Abbring is in this case looses out, but as far as I know there are plans for a second Fabia, which the team already has. 

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto, lucht, wolk en buiten 69903008_3043453765729428_2294550608184606720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlPathJqMlnm28Cub0rbaqUT3zfWr_HdDDbmDC4Arh5nAow58rn0kMDjcGL3hvN6oI&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=b0989c6dad83d700804c0ecb33f8ff92&oe=5E638513

Actually this "Second" Fabia is not new as I think this one is actually NN Motorsport's former Fabia and already competed back in 2016 at Riga (and it seems the only event it ever competed at). This one is build by Blue Engineering, which also build the 2019 ES Fabia. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×