2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Ha, the random Doran/Bakkerud guess was right! I think the entry list looks really promising, it's just the circuits they are racing on that I am not sure about.

1 minute ago, JorritVD said:

Yeah, missing Estering. It is kinda my home track. I'm thinking which track I should choose for my second visit at an WRX event. Logically would be Spa, as that will be the closest now to my home. But maybe I will combine something with a holiday. 

I also wonder what tactics Codemasters and World RX have with possible RX DLC. Looks like an ARX DLC will come, the remaining 4 2018 RX tracks will come. Maybe an 2019 WRX DLC with Abu Dhabi and Spa?

And maybe some 2019 liveries ?

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Ha, the random Doran/Bakkerud guess was right! I think the entry list looks really promising, it's just the circuits they are racing on that I am not sure about.

Haha yeah.

I have no idea about the tracks. Not want to judge immediately. Visiting Abu Dhabi could help with sponsorship from that region.
Also if it is in the night it could be interesting. GRC ussually had that and it was cool with the hot turbo and exhaust.
But I agree, more events not should come in that region.

Also Spa could be an interesting track with a lot of hight differences which could result in off-camber corners and cause tricky braking zones and massive drifts.

I don;t think the new tracks will be neccesairy bad or something. Just look at Barca, Riga, Mettet, Killarney. I haven't hear many complain about that.
Also I think if CotA would/will be in DR2.0, i think it will be a fun and challenging track to race at.
I think the new tracks just miss a bit of the atmosphere and history and the old skool layout with more gravel and jumps. But even Estering not has a jump. 

Yes, it is a bummer they move to these non traditional RX locations, but first I want to see the racing before I will judge. 

1 minute ago, JorritVD said:

Yes, it is a bummer they move to these non traditional RX locations, but first I want to see the racing before I will judge. 

Yeah, that's very true, it's just a shame that Abu Dhabi looks so similar to CotA (which I thought was dreadful!). 

I would like to know which car Bakkerud will be using and who will be running the team. If everything is in place then Andreas is definitely my Championship favourite!

I would like to know which car Bakkerud will be using and who will be running the team. If everything is in place then Andreas is definitely my Championship favourite!

I think it are 2018 spec S1. And my feeling is that EKS are running all three S1 if I follow the story of Szabo on IG.

Btw, there will be an NRX event this season? Wonder which WRX entries will all show up there.

5 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I think it are 2018 spec S1. And my feeling is that EKS are running all three S1 if I follow the story of Szabo on IG.

Btw, there will be an NRX event this season? Wonder which WRX entries will all show up there.

If they are 2018 cars being run by EKS then Bakkerud is surely going to be the pace setter. 

Not sure on NRX, none of the World teams took their primary cars there last year so, with no factory teams involved this year, I wonder how many (if any) teams will have a car to spare for NRX. 

I watched The Gymkhana Files over the weekend and it was heartbreaking watching Ken having to tell Bakkerud that the Hoonigan RX team was no more. You could tell how much he loved it by how upset he was.

Man that was one hell of a docuseries, would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I think the AD layout looks ok, but we will wait and see. COTA was too tight and technical, there’s was nowhere to pass on most of the track, whereas this is looking a bit more open, plus the joker lap looks quite long which could be interesting

If they are 2018 cars being run by EKS then Bakkerud is surely going to be the pace setter. 

Not sure on NRX, none of the World teams took their primary cars there last year so, with no factory teams involved this year, I wonder how many (if any) teams will have a car to spare for NRX. 

Well, NRX in 2018 was between the Latvia and US round. So three weekens of racing in a row. Therefore not could take any risk with their regular cars. If the schedule is this time better, I am quite sure more entries will be there now as they can take risks with their regular cars and make also the neccesairy resources available. 

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I watched The Gymkhana Files over the weekend and it was heartbreaking watching Ken having to tell Bakkerud that the Hoonigan RX team was no more. You could tell how much he loved it by how upset he was.

Man that was one hell of a docuseries, would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

Yeah, I found the series far more entertaining than the end product. It was sad to see the rallycross programme grind to a halt in 2017, I still maintain it would have been a different story if they'd have used the Fiesta rather than the Focus. 

5 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Well, NRX in 2018 was between the Latvia and US round. So three weekens of racing in a row. Therefore not could take any risk with their regular cars. If the schedule is this time better, I am quite sure more entries will be there now as they can take risks with their regular cars and make also the neccesairy resources available. 

How many of this years teams have the funding to send and run cars at a non-Championship event though? 

Edited by tbtstt

15 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I found the series far more entertaining than the end product. It was sad to see the rallycross programme grind to a halt in 2017, I still maintain it would have been a different story if they'd have used the Fiesta rather than the Focus. 

I did feel that Gymkhana 10 was a bit of a letdown, not really sure why though. I think its because they've pushed the boat out more stunt wise each time but this one was a little more reserved. Possibly due to the multiple locations but I did feel that watching the series first then Gym10 again was better. The Focus definitely seemed to lumber around in comparison to the smaller wheelbase of the other cars, one of the best looking though in my opinion. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I did feel that Gymkhana 10 was a bit of a letdown, not really sure why though. I think its because they've pushed the boat out more stunt wise each time but this one was a little more reserved. Possibly due to the multiple locations but I did feel that watching the series first then Gym10 again was better. The Focus definitely seemed to lumber around in comparison to the smaller wheelbase of the other cars, one of the best looking though in my opinion. 

I think it might have felt different it I'd have seen Gymkhana 10, then watched how they made it. Seeing the "making of" before the feature seemed the wrong way around!

The Fiesta was already a developed (and competitive) car whereas they had to start from scratch with the Focus. I personally think Block would have had more success in 2016 if he'd been in the Fiesta and the learning curve for the team would have been less steep. Ford seemed to lose interest in 2017 and development of the car stalled.

(I don't dispute that the Focus looked pretty cool though!)

Edited by tbtstt
  • Agree 1

Photos and videos today showing Szabo, Bakkerud and Doran all testing 2018 specification Audi S1 with EKS support. 

If EKS are running all three cars this year then I expect them to be fast and consistent. 

• Agree 1

We all thought that small private teams could win this year... but with these ex-EKS audi S1, these ex-pug 208, it will be very hard for them. But 2019 should be still an amazing championshig, IMO.

I think it's Bakkerud's year. 

Or, and it's clearly a dream, Chicherit's podium 🙂

The EKS S1 cars might not have any updates during the off season, the Hansen Peugeots seem to be an older spec (2017). if the Pug are 2018 spec, they probably also had no updates. On the other side the i20, Renaults, Ibiza, Fiesta, Mini cars did have updates during the off season. So the field should be closer imo. 

• Agree 1

The Pugs are the 2018 specification cars from the first half of the season @JorritVD. Peugeot Sport have retained the "evolution" 208's (for now). 

As you say, I hope that the EKS and Hansen cars have had minimal development so the rest of the field can catch up. 

I had high hopes for GCK this year @JamesMcAdam, but I understand the cars will no longer be supported/developed by Prodrive. If that is the case I wonder how competitive they are going to be this year. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I had high hopes for GCK this year @JamesMcAdam, but I understand the cars will no longer be supported/developed by Prodrive. If that is the case I wonder how competitive they are going to be this year. 

I agree. Renault is behind GCK somewhere. it needs to be like this or I don't know how he will do this year.

I've seen that Renault Sport begins to share GCK's instagram stories. That might be an hint. Or not.

Yeah, I noticed that Renault Sport were pushing GCK on social media now. There was talk that Chichiret was chasing manufacturer backing last year, perhaps he has finally got some interest! 

Posted (edited)

55460112_2462587253753754_84108952767886

54437480_2462587323753747_15495005182235

Nice one !

Oops, I already want to have the CLio RS in Dirt Rally 2.0. Am I ok doctor ? 😛

Edited by JamesMcAdam

wow, that livery! 😍

last year's was amazing too

Posted (edited)

Lâimage contient peut-être : plein air

Hansen's livery at the right side of the picture.
I don't know which one is it on the left side, behind the Raymond's one.

EDIT : it's the Ibiza

Edited by JamesMcAdam