DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

32 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Just need a couple of spotlights at the side of the track and you're good to go...

...just don't stray off the track! 

This rules, we need this track in a sim.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Whether it's likely to happen or not is a different story however. I imagine your night time one would only work on Abu Dhabi since the cars have painted on headlights 😉 

I know the cars have no real headlights, but F1 cars non either. And in F1 2019 they also have a night races including a night Monaco:
maxresdefault.jpg

Okey, they have streetlights, but you can still put those moveable generator lightpoles from the rally stages to the RX track.
image.png.277d22b45fb416d87ee86452dd197412.png

But it is just a suggestion to give the RX racing a bit extras. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mwoodski said:

This rules, we need this track in a sim.

I'd say Blyton was a fairly boring track during the day, but it was definitely better in the dark! 

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I'd say Blyton was a fairly boring track during the day, but it was definitely better in the dark! 

It's fast and dumb, it's perfect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had a nightrallycross in Maasmechelen Belgium in I think 1990 and still people remember it as something special 😀

38 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

We had a nightrallycross in Maasmechelen Belgium in I think 1990 and still people remember it as something special 😀

Night of the Champions, very few pictures exist.

File0407-Kopie.jpg

image.png.59be1cdb1d72064e24a4fea1cfceceaf.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mats27 said:

Those are some amazing pictures!

Most of the awesome 80's/90's pictures were taken by Eddi.  

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Most of the awesome 80's/90's pictures were taken by Eddi.  

Yeah I've seen that name many times when searching for cars of that era 🙂

50 minutes ago, mats27 said:

Yeah I've seen that name many times when searching for cars of that era 🙂

Yeah, I mentioned it in the Gossip Thread, but Eddi published a number of yearbooks in the late 80's/early 90's. They are difficult to find, but superb bits of rallycross history. 

Eddi Laumanns and Tim Whittington are pretty much the fount of all knowledge when it comes to rallycross history: I wish one/both of them would publish a book now containing all their old images/information! 

• Like 1

If I have a question about oldschool rallycross or doubt about information from others I always ask Eddi. He is like wikipedia for these things, and also an easy to approach and nice person. For who dares 😀 he is on facebook.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

If I have a question about oldschool rallycross or doubt about information from others I always ask Eddi. He is like wikipedia for these things, and also an easy to approach and nice person. For who dares 😀 he is on facebook.

Yeah, he has answered a ton of my questions in the past and cleared up a lot of the conflicting comments I had read about the Schanche RS200's. 

It was also Eddi who first pointed out the S1 E2 mistake to me! 

• Like 1

image.png.f11be7c5293194f75e92e1fc167d4703.png

Lets bring that Marklund Polo back to DR2.0! I already have one driver interested 🙂

image.png.f2d8cef4adff23a325d86aa70bc950f3.png

Thomas is one of the top guys in ERX and a former NordicX champion and his Fiesta from 2018 is already in the game.

As @PJTierney said, bringin back the old DR1 locations is also easier with licensing, might this also be the case with the cars? 

Ofcourse the car is not announced as new paid DLC, but could be as free content (like DirtFish), please?

Thomas Bryntesson (2018 Fiesta already in game)
image.png.7cff0d05eaa42fd619c0691eff9d1b14.png

Sondre Evjen (technically not a Marklund Polo, but a Kristofferson Polo, but very similar mostly) (His RX2 livery was in DiRT4)
image.png.ccd00be8d61ea08932ab88765d950187.png

Peter Hedström (if I understand well, he took over the Marklund Polo concept now, so I guess the licensing might be now in his hands?)
image.thumb.png.5ffc3221ceeaa1b9acd3e45c28bfdcc7.pngimage.png.a395c9752417a2bbea1bc38037cfce17.png

Aleš Fučík (also a Kristofferson Polo, but again similar to the Marklund spec)
48017581518_2f4e0c4e34_b.jpg

Then there are more (not full-time) Polo in ERX: Christer Dalmans, Daniel Thorén and Alexander Hvaal

And in WRX there were guest entries.

Kjetil Larsen
image.thumb.png.f72d8bbac69ed048b14deb9329e86869.png

Philip Gehrman
image.thumb.png.d1f0cd8f4acca21c80ea88486339e8f1.png

Edited by JorritVD

Yeah the old Polo is really nice!

If I could add any older car I wanted it'd be either this:

5654743159_9de6a383bd_b.jpg

Or this:

Solbergh00NOR14cm774.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mats27 said:

5654743159_9de6a383bd_b.jpg

Always thought the C30 made a great looking rallycross car, there were some cracking looking cars in the late '00's Euro rounds. 

Little bit more recent... 

13547848875_2a45d05086_b.jpg

...but I think the Scirocco should have got more love from fans: I thought it looked incredible as a Supercar. 

40 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Always thought the C30 made a great looking rallycross car, there were some cracking looking cars in the late '00's Euro rounds. 

Little bit more recent... 

13547848875_2a45d05086_b.jpg

...but I think the Scirocco should have got more love from fans: I thought it looked incredible as a Supercar. 

It is, listen to this one: 

Those are some cool cars. Funny to see they all have that Skoda Fabia WRC lookalike rear wing. The only problem is they currently not competing in ERX/WRX :S

I always would wonder how my daily driver, a Volvo V40 R-Design, would look like as a RX Supercar. 
it is the same base as the Focus from the Hoonigan team, so it could be a cool looking RX Supercar 😄 

If Codemasters ever considers a full-blown RX game, maybe they should consider that you can build your own RX Supercar or Super 1600 or something else. Little bit with a builder module like in Need For Speed (but than completly RX focused ofcourse). That you can also choose the engine partner, which gearbox type, which electronics, different aero types, different suspension/damper, etc. 😮 Although I don't think this will ever happen, it is cool to dream about

Edited by JorritVD

The street cars were absolutely terrible, but I loved that they used them in competition, and it would be fun to see in a game.

image.png.c5c437fc818cdee7a749ae28960bdff5.png

2 hours ago, mats27 said:

It is, listen to this one: 

That's a Division 3 car, isn't it? Sounds NA to me. 

I wonder if there is any chance of us seeing the ES Motorsport Skoda get added as well, or if that is another one prohibited by licensing? 

• Agree 1