2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

5 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I wonder if there is any chance of us seeing the ES Motorsport Skoda get added as well, or if that is another one prohibited by licensing? 

The calendar for Season 4 is now all announced. 

11 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The calendar for Season 4 is now all announced. 

Cheers for the confirmation. Any chance it will be in Season 5? 😉

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

You'll have to wait for the conformation of World RX 2020: The Official Videogame :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

good. luck. with. that.

in other news, I just got to Masters in the RX career, and there's 8 events! nice.

Edited by ianism

41 minutes ago, ianism said:

good. luck. with. that.

I thought it was worth a try: it's getting to the end of the week, so @PJTierney might have fallen for my ruse...

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 1

Ok, one last picture before I "can" go to bed. This seemed an appropriate one after the announcements of the 2019 content and also today's MINI announcement.

image.png.46ce9936c385658aa9e3c669762b26a7.png

And an updated list. 

image.thumb.png.469a70b1d6589954d9052f17fe4e2624.png

At least I hope some of the 2018/2019 cars will come in the livery pack, like the ARX Subaru's and the Larsson Audi and the Chris Hoy Xite Fiesta. But I think it is much to early to say what liveries will be exactly in it as it is all still very WIP.

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1

So I just had a really dumb idea.

The Jeep Renegade is 129mm shorter, 9mm narrower, and has a 99mm shorter wheelbase than the Megane.

I wanna see a Supercar based on a Jeep Renegade now.  In addition to a Citroen C3 based one.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, mwoodski said:

Yeah, they just mentioned that it was overshooting one of the jumps and landing on the flat.

If you overshot the gap jump to land on the flat you'd have to leave the jump at over 140mph.

Watching the coverage now, I'm gonna bet he sailed it over the last jump on the track, the one right before they rejoin the pavement on the front straight.  It's a sharp run up to a short tabletop, and everyone's spiking the brakes now before going over the top of it.

https://autoweek.com/article/americas-rallycross/racer-scott-speed-breaks-back-crash-landing-im-luckiest-man-alive

"...and it wasn’t even track designer Pastrana’s massive trademark jump that crosses over the dirt track below, clearing a 100-foot ramp-to-ramp gap. No, Speed’s downfall was one of the lesser jumps that he took during Friday’s qualifying.

Of all the jumps on the track -- which Speed said was, in balance, “truly spectacular” -- this jump, coming off the straight, was the only one that seemed a bit off-balance. It was supposed to be a mild single jump, essentially taken wide open. They had just wet the track down, and the first two laps in his Subaru WRX STI were pretty slippery; the jump performed as designed. But on the third lap, the dirt had dried some, “and I gained so much grip powering up the jump -- I mean, it was like turbo speed -- that I landed on the flat from about 20 feet in the air.”"

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, mwoodski said:

we want lyngas!!!

Me too 😂

Also have you seen this: 

Forgive the double post, but one of my favourite videos from Lyngas: old vs. new (in 2013)...

56 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Forgive the double post, but one of my favourite videos from Lyngas: old vs. new (in 2013)...

The Lyngas joker was INSANE.

• Agree 1

Also, new fast lap for me at the Estering.  30.96

Setup was changed a little bit, turned down the brake pressure, lowered the car a bit and softened up the rear.  Trying to keep the back end from swinging around on the bottom corner is a pain.

• Like 1

Splendid send into turn one there! My best is 31.530, but I hope to get that down this weekend. Still absolutely loving Estering though, one of my fave bits of DLC thus far. 

8 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Splendid send into turn one there! My best is 31.530, but I hope to get that down this weekend. Still absolutely loving Estering though, one of my fave bits of DLC thus far. 

I chopped a second off my previous best that TT session.  Lap 4 or something was a 31.4 and the send into 1 was legitimately backwards. :classic_laugh:  If that had ended up being the fastest lap of the session I definitely was going to record it.

Yep, also loving Estering a lot. Not sure, but I think I might be in a low 31 with the Audi or Megane.
But ofcourse it is also brand new track and therefore I play it a lot now. First I also played Barcalona and the other new tracks, but it is now more balanced and also more the other tracks i go at again. Mettet and Montenegro aren't really my track so far. With Montenegro I not really have a problem, just I don't really seem to find the good track/driving style there in DR2.0. In D4 i was mega rapid there, now it seems to be the opposite. Mettet and me haven't just been a combination. Mostly due the tricky first section. Always having issues somewhere during the race there. 

Only thing at Estering (other tracks have that less) is if someone spins on top of the "hill" section due to hitting the tyres a bit to hard (I admit, I also did it a couple of times). But due to being blind almost from the dust it is almost impossible to avoid the spin/crashed car than. I am missing a kinda yellow flag or the spotter telling me that someone spun/crashed, so that I can back off and avoid the mess. Missing this kinda information a bit. 

To rank the tracks it is almost impossible. It would be more like:
- LIKE: Estering, Trois-Rivières, Loheac, Silverstone, Bikernieki, Hell, Barcelona, Höljes (in random order)
- ???: Montalegre
- MINUS: Mettet

It is not that I dislike Mettet, just I not have the same feeling with it than the tracks i do like. 

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I'd love some Lyngås too. It was practically my local RX track

Though while it's been closed since 2013 I believe the road itself is still there. So It would actually be possible to recreate the track in the game

1 hour ago, KingOfCoins said:

I'd love some Lyngås too. It was practically my local RX track

Though while it's been closed since 2013 I believe the road itself is still there. So It would actually be possible to recreate the track in the game

I think I check it on Google Earth a few weeks back, and part of whatever was built on the property is in part of the actual track.

If you look it up on google maps though it's all still there.image.png.9308632b1ca2dd9fcffdce68510cae18.png

edit://  this is what it looks like currently

image.png.7d32684fbb8fe620c455fd31ff5f0091.png

Edited by mwoodski

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Yep, also loving Estering a lot. Not sure, but I think I might be in a low 31 with the Audi or Megane.
But ofcourse it is also brand new track and therefore I play it a lot now. First I also played Barcalona and the other new tracks, but it is now more balanced and also more the other tracks i go at again. Mettet and Montenegro aren't really my track so far. With Montenegro I not really have a problem, just I don't really seem to find the good track/driving style there in DR2.0. In D4 i was mega rapid there, now it seems to be the opposite. Mettet and me haven't just been a combination. Mostly due the tricky first section. Always having issues somewhere during the race there. 

Only thing at Estering (other tracks have that less) is if someone spins on top of the "hill" section due to hitting the tyres a bit to hard (I admit, I also did it a couple of times). But due to being blind almost from the dust it is almost impossible to avoid the spin/crashed car than. I am missing a kinda yellow flag or the spotter telling me that someone spun/crashed, so that I can back off and avoid the mess. Missing this kinda information a bit. 

To rank the tracks it is almost impossible. It would be more like:
- LIKE: Estering, Trois-Rivières, Loheac, Silverstone, Bikernieki, Hell, Barcelona, Höljes (in random order)
- ???: Montalegre
- MINUS: Mettet

It is not that I dislike Mettet, just I not have the same feeling with it than the tracks i do like. 

Portugal and Mettet are both of my worst tracks as well.  The last complex of Portugal and the first section of Mettet are just awful.

14 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

image.png.7d32684fbb8fe620c455fd31ff5f0091.png

Looking at that makes me sad: a building dumped straight on top of that iconic corner. 

Damn cool that it is (or rather was) your local track @KingOfCoins!

11 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Portugal and Mettet are both of my worst tracks as well.  The last complex of Portugal and the first section of Mettet are just awful.

Mettet is my least played circuit: I get irritated by the inaccuracy (or at least the perceived inaccuracy!) and I normally move on to something else quickly. 

If a track doesn’t exist anymore, does someone still can have the rights for it? Or are rights/licenses still needed for it to do it in the game?

if the rights of the track aren’t registrated anymore, than anyone could register it to have the rights from it. 

Thinks something happened with Gulf a long time ago. That was not registrated and than some people saw that and got the brand basically for free. 

also I don’t understand, there is so much space, why than put a building on it? Ofcourse the grounds purpose is for business, so easier to get a permit. But still. 

Rewatching World RX from South Africa last year gets me really hyped to race it in DR 2.0, amazing track to watch with the 1st corner, the joker merge and the last corner chicane, hopefully it's as fun to race on!