2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JorritVD said:

If a track doesn’t exist anymore, does someone still can have the rights for it? Or are rights/licenses still needed for it to do it in the game?

if the rights of the track aren’t registrated anymore, than anyone could register it to have the rights from it. 

Thinks something happened with Gulf a long time ago. That was not registrated and than some people saw that and got the brand basically for free. 

also I don’t understand, there is so much space, why than put a building on it? Ofcourse the grounds purpose is for business, so easier to get a permit. But still. 

I mean the easiest way to do it is just make the track but not have any sort of identifiers with Lyngas' name on it.  Just call it "Tranby, Norway."

Or flip the Start lap and the normal laps.  So you run the big corner on every lap and the chicane is the Joker lap.

Edited by mwoodski

RallyX Nordic at Kouvola (a former WRX track). Will be a interesting final and who will be the champion. Larsson in his Audi, or Oliver in his Honda.

Apart from ARX, Audi can still win all 3 "major international" rallycross championships: WRX, ERX and Nordic.

I'm thinking, could the Audi S1 go towards ARX next year replacing the Beetles? I think VW don't allow the Beetles to race next year in ARX, and the S1 could be a good replacement for the Andretti team, as it also a VAG product. Maybe EKS could build a new S1 with some support from Audi NA. 

There has been some rumours about Finland being in the next years calendar with Kymiring. The layout looks okay-ish. There just doesn't seem to be anything that makes the track special. But Kymiring has some elevations changes so that might make it good.

rallicross

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I'm thinking, could the Audi S1 go towards ARX next year replacing the Beetles? I think VW don't allow the Beetles to race next year in ARX, and the S1 could be a good replacement for the Andretti team, as it also a VAG product. Maybe EKS could build a new S1 with some support from Audi NA. 

Possibly.

We don't get the A/S1 here so that might be a detractor for support from the factory.

3 hours ago, JorritVD said:
-SNIP-

Wow that looks absolutely amazing!

Can't quite work out, are those supposed to be track layouts? If so that's the coolest idea ever

G'wan Topi! 

wow, damn those i20s have some of the best liveries this year. Nitiss' is still my favourite.

hurts that we're still not getting the car 😕 and I bet you the devs feel the same way

• Agree 2

Can't wait for this weekend. Superb entries in all four classes, plus a number of retro cars in action as well. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

I want to go 😞

Well at least there is a full livestream if you can't be there. 

• Agree 1

Was a crazy weekend at Loheac for sure and no one could be consistent. Enjoyed the action, although it was a bit shame of some incidents, also f.e. in the Euro RX semi-final where cars crashed out including Thomas Bryntesson. It is a shame that Gronholm missed two weekends, otherwise he probably would have led the championship with maybe about 10 points. Kevin Hasen was also lucky that he got the final after Scheider messed it up in the semi-final. 

And Rokas "Rocket" Baciuska also impressed again. That Prodrive Megane just seems better than that G-Fors Megane. I heard the difference were in the dampers and the engine. Marklund ofcourse brings his Bilstein partner. 

Edited by JorritVD

17 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Was a crazy weekend at Loheac for sure and no one could be consistent. Enjoyed the action, although it was a bit shame of some incidents, also f.e. in the Euro RX semi-final where cars crashed out including Thomas Bryntesson. It is a shame that Gronholm missed two weekends, otherwise he probably would have led the championship with maybe about 10 points. Kevin Hasen was also lucky that he got the final after Scheider messed it up in the semi-final. 

And Rokas "Rocket" Baciuska also impressed again. That Prodrive Megane just seems better than that G-Fors Megane. I heard the difference were in the dampers and the engine. Marklund ofcourse brings his Bilstein partner. 

I think the G-Fors Meganes use Oreca engines this year.

wow, the hansens got super lucky in the SF and Final this weekend! Kevin getting 3rd in his semi because Schieder had some kind of mistake right near the end, and Timmy being gifted first place in the final because Bakkerud and Gronholm got tangled on the first corner. still, great weekend yet again. it's nice no longer having factory teams who just completely outperform everyone else. it'll be nice if OMSE come back with the Erikssons (and/or Larsson) next year. should be super competitive.

Heikkinen was great this weekend too! especially considering he doesn't seem to have driven much RX at all since he was Ekstrom's teammate in 2017, he was very impressive.

and agreed- it's a big shame Gronholm missed those two weeks, otherwise he'd probably be on top now, or at least very close.

2 hours ago, ianism said:

and agreed- it's a big shame Gronholm missed those two weeks, otherwise he'd probably be on top now, or at least very close.

Yeah. Gronholm should - at least in my opinion - have been Champion this year. Such a shame that he had to miss two rounds. I was hoping that he would win in France and the other top three would have a poor weekend so he could get back in the mix, but with just 60 points available now, that seems very unlikely... 

...still a great weekend for the Championship though. Although I haven't warmed to Timmy and Kevin, I can't deny that it was a smart drive from both of them in the final. Especially impressive from Kevin in the closing stages of the race, I thought he was holding the field back for Timmy, was stunned when came out from the joker in third!

Good speed from Topi, but standout performance of the weekend had to be Baciuska. I still would like to see Bakkerud win, but I think he will be outsmarted by the Hansen brothers. Every point counts at this stage and I think Andreas was daft not to just let Niclas go in the final. By trying to outbrake him, they both tumbled down the order and allowed Timmy and Kevin to close the gap. 

Got my 5 minutes of fame on the World RX Instagram as well...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B13eXG6pzZm/

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 2

Nice photo @tbtstt.

Good news about Larsson switching to WRX in a lot of ways. At least a good entry (and Larsson already had Nordic experience there this year). And a bigger chance the livery will come in  season 4, or not @PJTierney?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Nice photo @tbtstt.

Good news about Larsson switching to WRX in a lot of ways. At least a good entry (and Larsson already had Nordic experience there this year). And a bigger chance the livery will come in  season 4, or not @PJTierney?

Depends on how sideways he goes into turn 1

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Nice photo @tbtstt.

Cheers @JorritVD, pretty much the only one I have looked at so far! I have got some British Championship pictures to finish sorting through, then I'll look at what I got from Loheac. 

Forgive the double post - and this isn't World Rallycross content - but I uploaded a few pictures from round 5 of the British Championship, so I thought I'd post a few here: 

48675942526_249b56c507_b.jpgFord Fiesta VI 4x4 T16 (51) (Julian Godfrey) by Steve White, on Flickr

48675943481_72ac1a0b18_b.jpgSuzuki Swift Junior (126) (Roberts Vitols) by Steve White, on Flickr

48676117297_1bda8d2cd0_b.jpgFord Fiesta VII 4x4 T16 (101) (Derek Tohill) by Steve White, on Flickr

48675602583_fd80604164_b.jpgFord Fiesta VI 4x4 T16 (51) (Julian Godfrey) by Steve White, on Flickr

48675944981_81c9445d4c_b.jpgCitroen C2 S1600 (303) (Jarek Suchowiecki) by Steve White, on Flickr

With those done I can start looking at my Loheac pictures this evening! 

• Like 1