2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

13 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Agreed with regards to the delay. Two to four weeks would be OK, but two months is ridiculous: I assume they are sending the cars on a very slow boat to keep the costs down!

And yeah, I thought that DQ was rubbish as well. I would like to see the onboard from Larsson though, just to confirm. 

I do think the decision was made more based on EKS's antics, with Robin and Liam paving the way for Andreas all weekend. Robin had already bashed Timmy off in Q1 (?) at the final turn, so maybe they were trying to send a message that they wouldn't accept any foul play? 

Either way I think what Robin did was just rallycross, Szabo and Hansen had all the time in the world to back out of that scenario.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mats27 said:

Either way I think what Robin did was just rallycross, Szabo and Hansen had all the time in the world to back out of that scenario.

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see the onboard(s) in order to fairly judge things, but I thought it was just a race incident. It's not like Timmy hasn't done the same thing either...

...Robin has been posting some gold on his Instagram this week: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2bjgJrj1CX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hHosojOH3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think he might be a bit annoyed by the whole thing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see the onboard(s) in order to fairly judge things, but I thought it was just a race incident. It's not like Timmy hasn't done the same thing either...

...Robin has been posting some gold on his Instagram this week: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2bjgJrj1CX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hHosojOH3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think he might be a bit annoyed by the whole thing. 

Robin's driving is definitely better than his Photoshop skills 😂

His and RX Cartels instagram posts are gold.

• Haha 1

That assassination attempt one is hilarious :classic_biggrin: Was already a Robin fan but he's just gone up in my estimations 

• Like 1

Larsson is definitely a character and one that needs to be in the World Championship full time.

A third RX Cartel(you have no idea how much I hate that team name) S1 with flashes of yellow would look pretty neat for him next year...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

A third RX Cartel(you have no idea how much I hate that team name) 

Haha, it's bloody awful, isn't it? 

Speaking of yellow Audis, I see they have revealed the livery that Ekstrom will run at the final RallyX Nordic round: 

70784166_2508232382569746_17975095607353

70356757_2508232435903074_42216097141458

Another great livery for the S1! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Haha, it's bloody awful, isn't it? 

Speaking of yellow Audis, I see they have revealed the livery that Ekstrom will run at the final RallyX Nordic round: 

70784166_2508232382569746_17975095607353

70356757_2508232435903074_42216097141458

Another great livery for the S1! 

That is very, very good.  I love that Tierp Arena course so much, and I kinda wish it was used on the world stage in addition to Holjes.

The name is terrible for so many reasons, esp with just how ****** up the Mexican drug cartels are.  Being in the USA it has a way stronger, violent meaning than they probably are intending it to mean but maybe that's what they were going for?

Edited by mwoodski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

The name is terrible for so many reasons, esp with just how ****** up the Mexican drug cartels are.  Being in the USA it has a way stronger, violent meaning than they probably are intending it to mean but maybe that's what they were going for?

Yeah, I'd say "edgy" is probably what they were going for. 

Have to say I wasn't a massive fan of Tierp. The banked dirt section was quite cool, but the grandstand section wasn't great. 

It was OK for a "temporary" circuit, but not a patch on the classic tracks (in my personal opinion anyway!). 

Seeing that Tierp clip also reminds me: I wonder when Oliver Solbergs film is going to get an international release? 

Before the race last year there were rumours Tierp would replace Holjes. After the race they quickly signed Holjes for a longer period. Says enough....

Tierp damaged the cars way too much, Oliver Solberg lost a wheel from it. Needs refining!

I like it because it's ridiculous.

Much like Kalix is a fantastic track because of that stupid huge banked corner!

kalix-rallycrossbana.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After the final (around the 20 minute mark) there is someone with Red Bull clothing on making an absolute fool of himself, I’m assuming it’s one of the Hansen team members? And also assuming Ekstrom stepping in is why he went to the stewards afterwards as Andreas says, but wow, that sort of behaviour just reeks of poor sportsmanship, I hope the rest of the team aren’t like that.

On a more positive note, Andreas’ blogs are a fascinating insight behind the scenes of a race weekend, quality content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bakkerud life, if you're a fan or not, is def an awesome series, really does show alot of cool behind the scenes action.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

After the final (around the 20 minute mark) there is someone with Red Bull clothing on making an absolute fool of himself, I’m assuming it’s one of the Hansen team members? And also assuming Ekstrom stepping in is why he went to the stewards afterwards as Andreas says, but wow, that sort of behaviour just reeks of poor sportsmanship, I hope the rest of the team aren’t like that.

On a more positive note, Andreas’ blogs are a fascinating insight behind the scenes of a race weekend, quality content.

I read a claim on another forum about a scuffle between team members, but wasn't convinced there was any truth to it... that clip at the 20:10 mark suggests there may have been at least some truth to the story. 

No idea what that could be about, was there any incident between Bakkerud and the Hansen cars during the weekend?

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

No idea what that could be about, was there any incident between Bakkerud and the Hansen cars during the weekend?

There was contact between Robin Larsson and Timmy Hansen on day one, with Larsson punished for his driving (unfairly in my personal opinion).

Timmy had his little rant on TV Sunday morning (after winning his Q3 race) where he claimed that the Audis were out to get them (despite Timmy and Loeb driving that circuit in an almost identical fashion last year). 

If I am understanding the clip properly, then it looks like the Hansen mechanic "hits" Ekstrom, then tells him to **** off? Hence why Ekstrom went to the stewards after the race? 

Very poor form from the Hansen team. I have struggled to warm to Timmy and Kevin, but always had respect for the team because Kenneth is a legend of the sport. This sort of conduct reflects poorly on the team. 

• Agree 2

Well, we don't know how the team handled the action of that mechanic. Not a Timmy fan but you can't accuse a w hole team for the action of one.

Says also something if Ekstrom that he is not man enough to go to Kenneth Hansen to speak about it but is crying at the stewards.

12 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Well, we don't know how the team handled the action of that mechanic. Not a Timmy fan but you can't accuse a w hole team for the action of one.

Says also something if Ekstrom that he is not man enough to go to Kenneth Hansen to speak about it but is crying at the stewards.

Yeah, true, but that mechanic is representing the team as much as anyone else and to get physical with another team member is very poor form.

Kenneth Hansen wasn't in Riga at the weekend. And the Hansen team didn't hesitate to cry to the stewards (or the TV camera) about Larsson, so I would say that Ekstrom was just following their lead...

...I'd like to see the Hansen mechanic do that to Liam next time!

57 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

I was under the impression that Mattias was called to the stewards about it, not went there himself, that was my take anyhow

3 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

He was called to the stewards because scuffle had taken place involving his team members, mandatory that he went.

eh, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Timmy said after Q4 about the Audis trying to use Larsson to take him out. he was clearly still very angry about what had happened to him in Q1 and Q2 on the previous day. it was a stupid thing to say, and it was obviously wrong. I hope he will (and I think he might) apologise for that statement and admit he was wrong.

that mechanic though.... so unprofessional.

I don't know, I watched that Bakkerud video and it was nice to get a little more insight into what was going on, but I didn't find it that informative or interesting, to be honest. I've liked Bakkerud since I started watching this series in 2017, but this just feels kind of shallow 😕 

just my take on things *shrugs*

The Bakkerud videos are good except for when they video the fans talking with him and stuff.

That kinda thing in general is a cringe factory for me.

Didn’t know there was happened something off track between the two camps in Latvia. But I’m also not suprised. 

Btw, Kevin Eriksson also competes in RallyX Nordic in the Storm Trooper MK8 Fiesta. So can be a great weekend.

RallyX Nordic semis and finals live on Facebook this afternoon, looking forward to seeing who takes it. I'm cheering for Larsson, but they are all deserving winners.