2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

31 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Aucune description de photo disponible.

I am looking forward to watch TBC.

Interesting that Yas Marina moves to the end.

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Interesting that Yas Marina moves to the end.

Logistically better for South Africa? I think Barcelona is a better circuit to kick things off with as well. 

• Agree 1

Could be a seasonal thing too, Yas Marina typically ends the F1 calendar.

My guesses at the other 2 would be Canada for TBC in July and Silverstone for TBC in September. Latvia would be that spot but based on the last few posts in this thread it's not in a good spot financially.

Probably fewer American events as ARX seems to be picking up steam.

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Could be a seasonal thing too, Yas Marina typically ends the F1 calendar.

My guesses at the other 2 would be Canada for TBC in July and Silverstone for TBC in September. Latvia would be that spot but based on the last few posts in this thread it's not in a good spot financially.

Canada has been officially deleted. :classic_unsure:

A mix event with the ARX is highly awaited IMO.

There seems to be suitable some room for a UK event in the calendar.

Edited by HoksuHoo

15 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'd be surprised if the July round is outside Europe: unlikely that the Super 1600 field would be expected to travel overseas? 

September might still be Latvia - subject to funding - but I am now seriously doubtful we will see Silverstone back. 

I think it is highly unlikely but, despite that, I am desperately hoping that one of the TBC turns out to be Lydden!

28 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Canada has been officially deleted. :classic_unsure:

A mix event with the ARX is highly awaited IMO.

Can't do it with the Subarus I don't think as they don't comply with WRX rules

5 minutes ago, mats27 said:

They didn't, I don't know if the ARX regulations directly reflect the WRX rules now? 

Article on Autosport...

https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/146883/world-rx-drops-silverstone-and-trois-rivieres

...suggests that World RX won't be in the UK this year and confirms that the new circuit at the Nurburgring will be based in the Mullenbachsleife area. 

18 minutes ago, mats27 said:

I mean a separate race during the same event, like they have already done at trois rivières in 2018 if I am right.

11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

...suggests that World RX won't be in the UK this year and confirms that the new circuit at the Nurburgring will be based in the Mullenbachsleife area. 

Very cool, lots of space and infrastructure there so makes sense.

Also means they keep all the mess down at the bottom of the circuit.

So eurorx back to only 5 starts ?😢

This calendar with open slots looks not like a step forward...

1 hour ago, JamesMcAdam said:
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Judging by the article about Latvia (http://latviarx.lv/en/jaunumi/neste-world-rx-latvia-likely-not-found-2020-calendar/) this is probably the reason that one of the venues is TBC (note that this article is from June 27th, so things could have changed). the local organizers are waiting for the Latvian gov't to decide on their 2020 budget (which happens at the end of 2019) because that will determine whether they have have a WRX round or not. they think it is unlikely there will be an event there in 2020, however.

to summarize the article about Trois Rivières, as it's in French... the event organizers are saying that they were able to get an event in 2014 because FIA wanted events on 3 continents. but now that there are ones in Asia (Yas) and Africa (SA) as well as Europe, the negotiating position of the TR people is severely weakened. they say that they really wanted to keep the RX race, but not at any price. so budget is a concern there, as in Latvia. having watched all the rounds in Quebec, you could see that a high percentage of the billboards had govt of Quebec or govt of Canada on them, so they were getting a lot of funding from both the provincial and the federal level, but apparently it's not enough for IMG any more.

that article is from yesterday, so it seems like GP3R is definitely out.

I think Silverstone has got to be still in negotiations.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Aucune description de photo disponible.

I am looking forward to watch TBC.

Quite a surprise indeed

- I am suprised that there will be more WRX events.

- interesting that they not posted the Projekt E events.

- Both TBC are events in Europe or close to Europe. Maybe Finland or Russia I guess and a outside shot for Latvia. A lot of Russian drivers are in s1600, and there is a new RX track in Russia. 

- so the rumor about Silverstone is true. 

- less euro Supercars rounds, so I guess this is to push some of them to do some extra rounds in WRX.

- I think the flyaway rounds is good they combine it. Probably they will be shipped to Abu Dhabi. And after they can go immediately to South Africa. Budget wise makes sense. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1

Now the 2020 schedule is out, maybe time to gossip about the 2020 entries as well

I saw the following teams/drivers sharing the 2020 schedule:
- GCK
- Rokas Baciuška
- Cyril Raymond
- Timo Scheider (posted about the Nurburgring)
- Xite Racing / Oliver Bennett
- STARD
- Ulrik Linnemann
- Niclas Grönholm
- Timur Timerzyanov
- ES Motorsports
- Matvey Furazhkin

21 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Now the 2020 schedule is out, maybe time to gossip about the 2020 entries as well

Probably the same as last year tbh, RX Cartel will need that Monster cash to keep going though, Bakkerud and Doran paying through the teeth at the moment.

If Bakkerud wins the title, the RX cartel will be here in 2020. If the Hansen's machina wins, I don't know about the RX Cartel. 

1 hour ago, JamesMcAdam said:

If Bakkerud wins the title, the RX cartel will be here in 2020. If the Hansen's machina wins, I don't know about the RX Cartel. 

The Monster Energy brand sponsored multiple cars before (VW and Ford), I would be suprised if they not will continue with their sponsorship with probably the most interesting couple of drivers on the frid that fit with the brand.

I think the question is more if they will continue with EKS, or that f.e. Subaru will get into play. I know the Subi is not completly according to the WRX regulations, but that can be arranged ofcourse. Imagine black Subarus with Monster colors. And than EKS/JC with Szabo and Larsson in the Audi S1s

Also I am not really sure about the Hansen brothers will return. The problem last year was (A) cars and (B) money. The cars they have and are competive. I would also be suprised if Red Bull would stop the sponsorship. But also a big part of the budget was coming from Pucher (MJP). I wonder if he will continue with that. because it was basically to get extra attention for Titans.

A final thing, could we see Loeb back in World RX? The i20 has showen it is maybe overall the fastest car and probably that development is also ongoing. It might be the car for 2020 to have to go for the championship and maybe with some support from Hyundai. Also SET/GRX have enough i20 Supercars and otherwise they can build ofcourse. 

EDIT, one more final thing. Hopefully OMSE will be back. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

Tanak leaving Toyota is really surprising to me. Haven't read the article yet but he just won the championship, so his relationship with Toyota surely isn't the best. 

41 minutes ago, richie said:

Tanak leaving Toyota is really surprising to me. Haven't read the article yet but he just won the championship, so his relationship with Toyota surely isn't the best. 

The relationship has been strained since the mechanical issue on the Sardinia Power Stage. The rumor mill thinks Toyota is going to make a bid for Ogier and if that happens, Neuville could move to Citroën.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The Monster Energy brand sponsored multiple cars before (VW and Ford), I would be suprised if they not will continue with their sponsorship with probably the most interesting couple of drivers on the frid that fit with the brand.

I think the question is more if they will continue with EKS, or that f.e. Subaru will get into play. I know the Subi is not completly according to the WRX regulations, but that can be arranged ofcourse. Imagine black Subarus with Monster colors. And than EKS/JC with Szabo and Larsson in the Audi S1s

Also I am not really sure about the Hansen brothers will return. The problem last year was (A) cars and (B) money. The cars they have and are competive. I would also be suprised if Red Bull would stop the sponsorship. But also a big part of the budget was coming from Pucher (MJP). I wonder if he will continue with that. because it was basically to get extra attention for Titans.

A final thing, could we see Loeb back in World RX? The i20 has showen it is maybe overall the fastest car and probably that development is also ongoing. It might be the car for 2020 to have to go for the championship and maybe with some support from Hyundai. Also SET/GRX have enough i20 Supercars and otherwise they can build ofcourse. 

EDIT, one more final thing. Hopefully OMSE will be back. 

The Monster budget was very tight this year, I really hope Bakkerud can take the Championship and bring the EKS cars back again next year: it would a shame to see them not getting used! 

Would love to see Larsson back in the World Championship again, but I doubt he has the budget for it unless he can get a lot more sponsors onboard. 

If Pucher wants the Hansen brothers/family to support Titans again next year then he may fund them again (especially if Timmy wins the Championship). 

Agree with regards to OMSE: would be brilliant to see them return, especially if they can bring Sebastien Eriksson along!

1 hour ago, richie said:

Yeah, I was surprised as well. I have read a few comments indicating that all is not as great behind the scenes at Toyota as it would appear from the outside. Tanak making a move would certainly support that. 

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

Welp there goes my plans of going to a WRX event next year 😕

Get yourself to a European event, it'll give you a better weekend than Silverstone would have done! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I was surprised as well. I have read a few comments indicating that all is not as great behind the scenes at Toyota as it would appear from the outside. Tanak making a move would certainly support that. 

Honestly, having a mechanical failure isn't really a reason to sign a contract with another manufacturer because every team has to deal with such problems. There must be more. Maybe he didn't get along with Mäkinen. Changing a winning team is not what people normally do. 

2 minutes ago, richie said:

Honestly, having a mechanical failure isn't really a reason to sign a contract with another manufacturer because every team has to deal with such problems. There must be more. Maybe he didn't get along with Mäkinen. Changing a winning team is not what people normally do. 

The tension began last year. Tänak made it clear he lost to Ogier because of the car breaking down. That tension moved into 2019 and reached the boiling point in Sardinia. Evidently Tänak never got on well with Tommi or his girlfriend. 

Now besides the Ogier to Toyota rumor, the plot thickens as Neuville tweeted Happy Halloween from Toyota's HQ in Finland. The tweet was promptly deleted. 

EINwSarXYAAIQ4C.thumb.jpg.f4c7e1b3f2f97894b4e73cc90ba9a323.jpg

• Haha 2