2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Would be great to see Foust return, but only if he is in competitive machinery. Last time I saw him in action (at Lydden) the car was plagued with issues. I think the Marklund Polos would be good for the ERX, but they are too outdated to be useful in the WRX now.

Yep, but its basically the only VW RX Supercar as far as I know that will be available.

In the VW statement they said it was the end of the Beetle, but not of RX. So on the other side they could also use the new Polo R5 shell, put in their RX engine and things and you got a new RX car. Than you kinda get the M-Sport Fiesta Supercar, or like ES Motorsport do with the Fabia. 

Another option for Foust could be Projekt E, but in the end it also depends if the relationship between Foust and VW will continue. 

Edited by JorritVD

Latest vlog from Timo Scheider. Confirmation he wants to be back next year. Some rumours are that he wants to do that with an own team, bit I think that will a bit unlikely.

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Latest vlog from Timo Scheider. Confirmation he wants to be back next year. Some rumours are that he wants to do that with an own team, bit I think that will a bit unlikely.

Depends if he can get some cash from Audi to rent an EKS car? I mean he won 2 DTM championships with them and still has a great relationship. He's been a paid driver for a long time too so may be able to fund some of this.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JorritVD said:

In the VW statement they said it was the end of the Beetle, but not of RX. So on the other side they could also use the new Polo R5 shell, put in their RX engine and things and you got a new RX car. Than you kinda get the M-Sport Fiesta Supercar, or like ES Motorsport do with the Fabia. 

Another option for Foust could be Projekt E, but in the end it also depends if the relationship between Foust and VW will continue. 

Based on what was said previously (by VW Motorsport), something connected with Projekt E could be a possibility. 

I hope Timo is back next year, I think he has done well this year in the Ibiza and I'd like to see him make more appearances on the podium. An EKS car would definitely be a good way to do that... budget permitting of course!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, mats27 said:

Depends if he can get some cash from Audi to rent an EKS car? I mean he won 2 DTM championships with them and still has a great relationship. He's been a paid driver for a long time too so may be able to fund some of this.

Timo is a factory driver of BMW. So I think that (Audi support) will not happen quickly. Munnich paid now most of the bills. If Scheider switches than he needs an other sponsor and probably an even bigger one if he wants an EKS Audi or SET i20. I would actually be suprised if he not will return with an improved Munnich Supercar (maybe they buy or build something else). It would be nice if they could get a strong full time team mate for him.

3 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Timo is a factory driver of BMW.

Stick him in the MINI then 😄 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Stick him in the MINI then 😄 

I am pretty sure he would have better result than Oliver B. :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

I am pretty sure he would have better result than Oliver B. :classic_ninja:

I'd love to know what sort of lap times Oliver Solberg was posting when he drove that MINI...

• Agree 3

Pretty intense episode. One detail is very interesting and that is when the stwards were checking the incident, they asked for a witness, than witness being Kevin Hansen..., which is really odd as he will always be in favor for Timmy. Next to that Niclas was at that time 3rd behind Andreas and Timmy. 

Also awesome to see how the team works flat-out, but also have fun. My theory about the RX Cartel will have join efforts with Subaru I kinda take back. Why? Well Mattias Ekstrom was heavily involved, but also with Krisztian Szabo and also Robin Larsson being there, my guess that the plans for next year is that they want to continue with the Audi's. 

• Agree 1

Maybe Doran should take (better) care of the cars and let the driving to Bakkerud and Larsson. I know Doran has his fans but again he proved he is just not good enough for this level.

17 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Maybe Doran should take (better) care of the cars and let the driving to Bakkerud and Larsson. I know Doran has his fans but again he proved he is just not good enough for this level.

Maybe. Larsson is pretty hard on cars as well, he just seems to have had less issues this year. 

Liam should have won a round this year: bloody shame the car broke on him. 

Until the rules are modified the Subarus are a no and I think it would be a real shame to see those Audis go unused, so I hope RX Cartel stick with them... 

...Liam seems to have some knowledge about the Subarus though, so I suspect that RX Cartel have been investigating! 

The biggest challenge with SUBARU is that it's an American-based team. Logistically that's tough in a series with little to no American rounds on the calendar; they'd need a European base/partner.

Just wonder why a lot of you guys think the Subaru is on the same level as the wrx cars. They are probably top 10 on a good day.

21 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Just wonder why a lot of you guys think the Subaru is on the same level as the wrx cars. They are probably top 10 on a good day.

Yep, kinda agree. I know in 2018 at CotA the gaps between ARX and WRX heats were quite big.

BUT, they are a factory team and can develop therefore faster...

They improved the cars a lot this over the last year. At Trois Rivieres the practice sessions took place together with WRX and the the Subaru were topping the time sheets. As far as I know the technical regulations and tyres are the same. So not much difference can be between them. Another thing is Nitro Rallycross where Subaru (with Sandell) could fight for the win together with the Peugeots of Hansen.. Also ano

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Larsson will be in WRX next year 😉 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Pretty intense episode. One detail is very interesting and that is when the stwards were checking the incident, they asked for a witness, than witness being Kevin Hansen..., which is really odd as he will always be in favor for Timmy. Next to that Niclas was at that time 3rd behind Andreas and Timmy. 

Also awesome to see how the team works flat-out, but also have fun. My theory about the RX Cartel will have join efforts with Subaru I kinda take back. Why? Well Mattias Ekstrom was heavily involved, but also with Krisztian Szabo and also Robin Larsson being there, my guess that the plans for next year is that they want to continue with the Audi's. 

Awesome video. Always a pleasure to watch a bakkerud life episode. This one is particuler as I was so stressed during that final.

I know that you can say everything you want with footages and a good edit but it appears again that the Hansens are not so good loosers (that scene in the golf car). They are complaining about the move Andreas has done during the Q3 but it was nothing compared to the Timmy Hansen's move during the final.

Really interesting to see these relationships between the different driver. The Timur's scene is really interesting to see. 

And that scene where Andreas explains that Kevin has been choosen as a witness. Completely crazy.

11 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

This pretty much:

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

they are a factory team and can develop therefore faster...

They improved the cars a lot this over the last year.

You can never rule out a factory team as they can decide to pump a small fortune into development.

11 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Is it time to start a 2020 topic already 😛 

You're in it 😉 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Car doesn't really suit his style, but on proper dirt (Trois Rivieres, Spa) he's still quicker than Andreas. 

• Agree 1

I not was the biggest fan of Liam, but he brings color to the championship.

image.png.59086851a566557d4c4bd0133a3e387c.png

Really interesting. Really.

EDIT = If we were on the Dirt Gossip thread I would say something like : uh, is it Sebastien Loeb, is he coming back ??

But after looking the publication, this is just an old picture showing the return of Riga.

Shame on me.

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

EDIT = If we were on the Dirt Gossip thread I would say something like : uh, is it Sebastien Loeb, is he coming back ??

Now THAT I would like to see! Might give me a reason to support the Peugeot cars as well 

• Agree 1