2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Spark do good models, I have the 2015 Porsche 919:

Image result for spark model porsche 919

A single image on social media made me buy it 😄 

Image result for porsche 919 xbox

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

A single image on social media made me buy it 😄 

That's reminded me of the time the Renault F1 team gave away a special Xbox One on their Twitter

6z4z86ldv4tz.jpg

Obviously I didn't win but I would have paid ridiculous amounts of money for this

What the hell are you two doing? Get that WEC*/F1 junk out of here! :classic_biggrin:

* Confession: I absolutely love the 919. 

• Haha 1

Speaking of RX, the gameplay video for next week’s cars will drop in a few days 🙂 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Speaking of RX, the gameplay video for next week’s cars will drop in a few days 🙂 

Nice, in guess friday with the roadbook?

Just now, JorritVD said:

Nice, in guess friday with the roadbook?

There are no more Roadbooks this year, hence the Roadbook of the Year.

We’ll have a YouTube Premiere since we’ve strung 3 races and replays together into a single show, like with Finland.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Excellent, looking forward to seeing that.

It seems Team Hansen MJP will continue in World RX in 2020 according to their IG story and some other sources

• Agree 1

They have a Title to defend against Bakkerud, and I am pretty that they want a proper championship win without the last race scandal 🤔🦁

So Audi pulls the plug on their WTCR program, and Skoda stops with their factory rally program. Hopefully some sources find its way into RX. For example Projekt E or for the ES Fabia

Have Skoda pulled the plug on the R5 program? I didn't know that. 

I wondered if any manufacturers might express any interest in Projekt E, or if it is still more a privateer thing. 

On 12/10/2019 at 6:56 PM, JamesMcAdam said:

They have a Title to defend against Bakkerud, and I am pretty that they want a proper championship win without the last race scandal 🤔🦁

I am still refusing to acknowledge that they won this year! :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

GCK (G-Fors) busy for 2020. I wonder if they might prepare a (new) Clio for Projekt E. 
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten

14 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

GCK (G-Fors) busy for 2020. I wonder if they might prepare a (new) Clio for Projekt E. 

I'd say a new chassis is almost guaranteed due to the unique demands of electric powertrains.

If anything like road cars, I imagine the floor will be full of batteries.

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Given their connection (pun not intended) to Projekt E, I reckon that's a good shout. 

4 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

Just got my tickets for Hell RX so I'm looking forward to the 2020 season already. 

See you there! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

A random curiosity: What kinds of road cars would be eligible/suitable to be used as the base for a World RX Supercar?

I’ve done something looking around and it seems to be modern Group A or Group N spec with some bespoke rulings in the technical regulations.

17 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

A random curiosity: What kinds of road cars would be eligible/suitable to be used as the base for a World RX Supercar?

I’ve done something looking around and it seems to be modern Group A or Group N spec with some bespoke rulings in the technical regulations.

That is where the regualtions & homologations come into place. For Rallycross there are FIA homolgated cars and for RX a special list of cars that are not homologated for the FIA, but are allowed for RX. 

---------TECH REGS------------

https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/120

So according to the tech regulations:
image.png.5a42ee2de389fc40b289cb7144e714a3.png

So which cars can be a Supercar
1) Homologated Group A and Group N cars.
2) Cars who are on the list "List of cars not homologated with the FIA, bit allowed for RX"
3) Next to that you can "homologate" a car through the national ACN. It needs to fit certain dimensions. If than approved, it will get on the list pointed in 2. This f.e. happened for the EKS Audi or Munnich SEAT, etc.

ALLOWED CARS CONCLUSION: Basically every logical series produced road car can become a Supercar. One note, after the homologation is finished, or when the productions stops, the cars are still allowed for a certain X amount of year. For FIA homolgated cars that is I believe 4 years, and for the non FIA homologated cars that is 7 years.

---------HOMOLOGATED CARS--------

So that the homolgations list can be also found on the website of the FIA:
https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/760

Current FIA homologated cars (most of the time goes through a manufacturer or tuner/builder(Callaway f.e. for the GT3 Corvette))
image.thumb.png.34ed33ea637e359ed6f46f797bd595c0.png

An interesting thing is that the FIA has homologated the Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ with a Group A. So basically that can become a Supercar as well 🙂

There is also the list of NON FIA HOMOLOGATED cars:
image.png.a11866cabcb6c1b7c7c143beb58c5135.png

What kind of cars are on this list:
- Alfa Romeo Mito (Super 1600 - Tedak Racing)
- Audi A1 / S1 (Larsson / EKS / Volland in S1600)
- Audi S3 and SEAT Ibiza (Munnich Motorsport All-Inkl.com)
- Ford Focus RS (Hoonigan Racing)
- MINI Cooper S (XITE Racing)
- Renault Megane (GCK / Prodrive)
- VW Beetle (Volkswagen Motorsport / Eklund Motorsport)
- etc...

Basically because XITE has gotten the MINI on the list, someone else could build a Super 1600 or Supercar MINI Coopers S as well. 🙂 For Supercars you could use a custom engine, but I believe for Super 1600, a part of the engine block needs to be part of the BMW/MINI group family. Thinking about that, the MINI could be a perfect S1600 bomb. It is already a great chassis standard wise. 

• Thanks 4

Bakkerud at 13.40 (after getting aggro from another driver earlier): “Do it again and I’ll punt you so hard you’ll need GPS to get back to the track” 😄 

• Haha 1