Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Typical RWD suspension there.

Now, that would be a proper classic/retro RX. Mid 80's, Bettle 4WD, the Xtrac machines, the crazy porsches, ur-quattros etc.

• Like 1

Late 80's RWD rallycross cars would be pretty awesome! Would rather we get period correct 4WD Retro RX cars before they look at RWD though. 

16 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Late 80's RWD rallycross cars would be pretty awesome! Would rather we get period correct 4WD Retro RX cars before they look at RWD though. 

Indeed, 87-88 before all the Sierras took over, heck, could've had a SAAB and VW FWD in there as well to make it a bit interesting, however, I agreed with the period-correct first.

So no more RX2, but i'm happy Super 1600 continues. S1600 is much better for drivers to prepare them for Supercars: Bakkarud, Nitiss, K. Eriksson, Baciuska, Raymond, Baumanis, etc.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

So no more RX2, but i'm happy Super 1600 continues. S1600 is much better for drivers to prepare them for Supercars: Bakkarud, Nitiss, K. Eriksson, Baciuska, Raymond, Baumanis, etc.

Yeah, agreed. Of all the additional race classes, RX2 is the one I will miss the least. If they cut Euro Supercars on Super 1600 then I would be very disappointed. 

Understandable. RX2 cars are getting old. Maybe one of the electric classes is somewhat based on these cars, as the intension of a one-make class is not bad.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Understandable. RX2 cars are getting old. Maybe one of the electric classes is somewhat based on these cars, as the intension of a one-make class is not bad.

Yeah, that can be, but I hope with new multiple realistic body. 

It will be like the previous year Trophee Andros, i.e. thermique vs electric. It could be interesting but we already know how it will finish. #NoSoundNoFollow :classic_laugh:

13 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Yeah, I have a strong suspicion that the 2021 "ERallycross" class will be the RX Lites with electric drivetrains. 

Some little news snippets

Jan Černý enters ERX S1600 with the Skoda Citigo from Pajr Motorsport
https://www.rallycross.cz/novinky/jan-cerny-opet-v-rallycrossu

Philip Gehrman switches to ERX with his ex-Kristofferson Polo
https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/10548/gehrman-to-race-full-time-in

Andreas Carlsson confirms he enters ERX with his Clio with a new custom engine
https://www.facebook.com/AndreasCarlssonMotorsport

I had contact with Kevin Eriksson on Instagram. OMSE priority is NRX it seems. 

I don't understand OMSE strategy. With their 2019 performance, they can easily* come back to World RX with high objective.

*Except the budget part and issues of course

• Agree 1

yeah, seriously ^^^

they've got an excellent new vehicle, two very good drivers, and World RX has no big budget teams anymore. this is the ideal time for them to try to get some attention by going for the drivers' and constructors' titles!

in two years it'll be electric, making their car useless at the top level, and (I think there's a good chance that) some manufacturers will come back because of the marketing potential.

I didn’t saw this one coming. Abbring with a GCK Clio to Euro RX. Instant title contender depending on the Clio performance though.

BC0BCEF9-3407-4008-B8CE-90024DEF1B06.jpeg

• Agree 1

Kevin Abbring will compete for the 2020 Euro RX title in a "newly developed" GCK Clio: 

Hope the car is more reliable than last year: Raymond and De Ridder deserved better results last year.

EDIT: My computer was hanging making the post: @JorritVD beat me to it! :classic_laugh:

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 1

I hope he will get some WRX outings as well. But at least good news for the Netherlands we finally have again a high profile driver on a high level. Will hopefully boost RX here 🙂 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I hope he will get some WRX outings as well. But at least good news for the Netherlands we finally have again a high profile driver on a high level. Will hopefully boost RX here 🙂 

I just hope the car doesn't let him down. We have seen that Abbring has enough pace to challenge the World field, so he should be very competitive in the Euros...

...but Cyril Raymond was badly let down by the Clio last year. I hope the same doesn't happen to Kevin.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I just hope the car doesn't let him down. We have seen that Abbring has enough pace to challenge the World field, so he should be very competitive in the Euros...

...but Cyril Raymond was badly let down by the Clio last year. I hope the same doesn't happen to Kevin.

Agree. But as it looks now, the best car/driver combo, Robin Larsson, steps up to World RX. So the field be more equal with (assuming) the Dubourg bros, Evjen/Bryntesson/Gehrman in Polo's, August/Munnich in SEATs, Gundersson in the title defending JC Audi (but no experience with Supercars). All-in-all, it seems to become a great season in ERX.

Actually I hoped Fraser McConnell would also step up to Supercars with an OMSE MK8 Fiesta. But that still could happen with NRX ofcourse with either Loenbro or OMSE. Talking about NRX, Foust still competed with the Beetle at the GP Ice Race. I wonder if he will still enter something in RX. 

Btw, also Bakkerud is doing some throwbacks from his 10 years of RX. Maybe there will be an announcement after that?

Btw, don’t forget that Abbring was development driver for multiple WRC factory teams, and also did most of the development work of the ES Skoda Fabia in the previous winter.

now he is already behind the wheel of the Clio. 

9F5444F9-EA91-4A7F-BA89-27DB1059F8C2.png

Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin is testdriver for GKC (nor the boss nor Marklund are any good at that) and his ERC drive is the reward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Cyril Raymond leaves GCK, looking for a car that works

Edited for accuracy. :classic_biggrin:

Another Euro entry, just this time a s1600 with Marton returning with Volland.C84AF3BF-9A27-47BA-BB23-7E46173A8649.thumb.jpeg.a47eedece28e8eec576e309e3ebf8afa.jpeg