DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

25 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

e7b3382e-f260-4140-b6fd-ef4ca26c3584.jpg

I think the Twingo makes a great looking Super 1600 car: that livery looks cool as well. 

Going to be tough to make an impression in S1600 this year if all the Volland cars show up again!

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Going to be tough to make an impression in S1600 this year if all the Volland cars show up again!

i think with a good driver, you can fight for wins/podiums with it.

Egor Sanin (has a lot of experience actually) was 5th in the standings last year, best non-Audi driver. Became second at Spa and should/could have won at Latvia. Actually this is not a SET Twingo, but a TT Motorsport build Twingo. Maybe the SET/TT is very similar.

Jesse Kallio had a victory with it in 2018, and Leppihalme got three podiums in 2017 and with that finishing 3rd in the standings behind two Volland Fabia.

I wouldn't say the Twingo is the best car. The Volland Audi is better and maybe the Volland Fabia aswell, or similar. But the Twingo is probably the best car you can get for the lowest price.
The TT Twingo is for sale, and you can probably can get it between 50-70k euros (depending on its condition), while the Volland Audi costs 140k (not sure if its new than) and the Volland Fabia you might get around 80k aswell.

Yeah, now LHMC are back in charge they seem to have won a few of the dissatisfied drivers over, plus there are a couple of drivers making the transition to Supercar, so it is looking like it might be a good season. 

Image result for Travis PeCoy rallycross

A bit off current topic but, which version of the Fiesta is driven by Pecoy here ?

I love that one and feel a bit disappointed to not be able to drive it in DR2.0.

Edited by James McAdam

7 minutes ago, James McAdam said:

Image result for Travis PeCoy rallycross

A bit off current topic but, which version of the Fiesta is driven by Pecoy here ?

Loenbro bought two M-Sport cars if I remember rightly, so I think the above is an M-Sport car with modifications. I know some of the Focus RX RS bits went into the Arpin car, so I assume they did the same with the second car used by Pecoy? 

• Thanks 1

Yes, it's an M-Sport car. Actually Loenbro got three M-Sport Fiesta, one older MK7 OMSE Fiesta and two M-Sport Focus RS RX shells.

Two of those M-Sport Fiesta were originally in M-Sport spec, but in preperation of the 2019 season, Loenbro put in the Focus RS RX drivetrain and electronics. 
FYI, Pecoy's car was driven by Ken Block for the Nitro Rallycross event. 
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten

The Third M-Sport Fiesta is/was an original M-Sport spec Rallycross car (not had the changed airintakes at the side for the cooling)
At least in 2019 was in the original spec, and was used for promotion events (using the Eneos colors which Arpin used in one of the ARX events), but currently undergowing a rebuild.

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: 1 persoon, auto

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: een of meer mensen en auto

• Thanks 1

Yeah, list for ERX becoming well. 10 confirmed entries so far, of which 7 are new for the series this year. 
- B.P. Gunderson - JC Raceteknik - Audi S1 (EKS)
- T. Karai - Karai Motorsport - Audi S1 (EKS/Karai)
- T. Daarbak - Troels Daarbak - Ford Fiesta (MDK)
- K. Abbring - GCK - Renault Clio R.S. RX (GCK)
- P. Maloigne - GCK - Renault Clio R.S. RX (GCK)
- A. Carlsson - ACRX - Renault Clio (ACRX)
- S. Evjen - Kristofferson Motorsport - VW Polo (KMS)
- P. Gehrman - PHMS - VW Polo (KMS)
 -S. Svardal - Team Svardal - VW Polo (Marklund)
- M. Barbosa - MBRX - Citroën DS3 (LDM)

Btw, some specs about the Fiesta can be found here:
https://market.rallycross.com/details.php?id=44

30 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Be great to see him back but, If he is using his "own" KMS car, I think he'll struggle against the current World field. 

Don't think that will be the case, there are a couple of teams very interested in taking him on. Lets see what happens!

1 minute ago, mats27 said:

Don't think that will be the case, there are a couple of teams very interested in taking him on. Lets see what happens!

Johan in an EKS S1 would be the dream combo for me. The couple of articles I have read though have still mentioned the VW connection, so I don't know if that means we are less likely to see him drive another manufacturers car. 

That being said, Audi's not a big leap from VW considering they're part of the same corporate superpower 😉 

Reading the article, it seems a bit old news. It was already mentioned earlier Kristofferson is looking to get back in RX.
They already have a "customer" for ERX, because that's Evjen.
Also the article mentions that he checks to enter "on some events", suggesting it's not full time. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Reading the article, it seems a bit old news. It was already mentioned earlier Kristofferson is looking to get back in RX.
They already have a "customer" for ERX, because that's Evjen.
Also the article mentions that he checks to enter "on some events", suggesting it's not full time. 

Yeah. I have been really impressed with the rally content coming from Dirtfish this year, but the rallycross content has been a bit underwhelming thus far: it just seems to be old articles from Autosport and elsewhere recycled. 

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

That being said, Audi's not a big leap from VW considering they're part of the same corporate superpower 😉 

True. Johan has always been closely associated with VW Sweden though, not sure that sponsorship would extend to another VAG company... 

...fingers crossed! 

Well that is Super 1600 wrapped up already! :classic_laugh:

Interesting to see that Nuriev isn't mentioned, as you say I wonder if he is looking at Supercars? 

I see there is another post from Cyril Raymond on Facebook where he states that he is looking at the Euros or Projekt-E. 

Interesting to see that Nuriev isn't mentioned, as you say I wonder if he is looking at Supercars? 

I guess its a bit depending on his budget. Although i think we not should worry about that. Maybe he takes an EKS-Audi (Volland and EKS have connections) or an GCK Megane/Clio (Chicherit has been mentioned he will be in a Clio this upcoming season).

I see there is another post from Cyril Raymond on Facebook where he states that he is looking at the Euros or Projekt-E. 

Saw that to. If he can get a good Supercar, than i think Euro RX should be the way to go with the current line-up, maybe with a couple of WRX events add to it. So far I just saw a few Projekt E entries.

34 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Saw that to. If he can get a good Supercar, than i think Euro RX should be the way to go with the current line-up, maybe with a couple of WRX events add to it. So far I just saw a few Projekt E entries.

If he hadn't missed Barcelona in 2018 he'd surely have been in contention for the Euro title that year, so I'd really like to see him have a go at that this year. 

The World RX pic for reference:

It does the "wonky start" thing like Mettet 😄