2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Posted (edited)

A 60/40 Asphalt/gravel balance is what most tracks have. I thought they'd go for the usual clockwise route you have at Nürburgring GP, but yeah, maybe it's better this way. It doesn't look like an exciting layout tbf, at least this is my first impression. 

Edited by richie

Looks like the jokerexit is the only place for some excitement..

Meh, another nogo 😠

Andy Scott confirmed to be driving an Albatec 208 in the British Championship this year (wonder if he might make a Euro appearance as well). More good news for the British Championship. 

Ulrik Linnemann will drive a Ford Fiesta Supercar in Euro RX. It seems an ex-STARD MK7 Fiesta 

667FEEF2-8847-49B5-AC81-196B77EAB49B.jpeg.1785004194e7ca269d75e03689d2ee1c.jpeg

weird that turn 2 has a tiny asphalt section in the middle of all that gravel (because they're crossing the asphalt track). would be nice if they put a big jump over it, no? 

chicanes are ok generally, but the rest is basically two big wide gravel turns (I assume the joker is gravel too) and tarmac straightaways. kind of uninteresting, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

when they say a 60/40 split, does that include the joker lap, and if so, how? because if you're just calculating the split based on 1 standard lap, that does not look like 60/40 to me

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Ulrik Linnemann will drive a Ford Fiesta Supercar in Euro RX. It seems an ex-STARD MK7 Fiesta 

667FEEF2-8847-49B5-AC81-196B77EAB49B.jpeg.1785004194e7ca269d75e03689d2ee1c.jpeg

is it just me or is it the Stard mk fiesta that we should have in DR2.0 ? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

So the first official World RX announcement:
CHICHERIT AND BACIUSKA PAIRED AT ALL-NEW GCK UNKORRUPTED
https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/10566/chicherit-and-baciuska-paired-at

So Chicherit and Baciuska will drive a pair of newly developed Clio's. This is pretty interesting, ans Backiuska was recently still testing the Megane. I also guess this will be the first of probably two GCK teams in World RX. Wonder how many Megane will be entered. I guess Marklund will be driving in one of them and maybe he will be joined by De Ridder then? They also still have that third Megane. 

Yeah, as you say there is surely is another GCK team coming. Potentially a very serious commitment coming from GCK, two cars in the Euros and four in the Worlds? 

16 minutes ago, James McAdam said:

And why not a GCK RX Cartel team with Marklund-Bakkerud-Doran ? :classic_ninja:

Although it is a possibility, I think its still likely to be an EKS/JC Audi team with Bakkarud, Doran and Larsson. 

also Gronholm RX has hinted for a soon to be made announcement. 

There could be also a lot of other speculation like:
- Will Team HANSEN MJP have a new Pug 208? Or maybe return to Citroën?
- Will STARD continue, or will they focus on Projekt E?
- What will Janis Baumanis do?
- Who will be the driver or drivers at the ES Skoda squad? Furazkhin is kinda confirmed.
- All-Inkl commited to the Supercar support class of Titans RX, what does that mean for Scheider? (it was also gossip that Scheider will have an own team, maybe with some All-Inkl support)
- Will OMSE make a full-time return, or do they focus on Nordic, RX2 and NRX?
- Will there be even any new faces, teams or cars on the grid? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Although it is a possibility, I think its still likely to be an EKS/JC Audi team with Bakkarud, Doran and Larsson. 

Bakkerud, Doran and Larsson seems a strong possibility... though, as much as I like those three, part of me hopes that we see Johan appear at EKS! 

I really hope that the association with Titans doesn't mean that we won't see the Munnich cars in the Euro/World Championship. 

Marklund will announce something tomorrow 🙂 

And in Super 1600, they will go to the Nurburgring (as replacement for the Russian event).

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Marklund will announce something tomorrow 🙂 

I wonder if it is Megane related, or something else?...

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I wonder if it is Megane related, or something else?...

Could be, GCK have only announced the Clio so far.

wow Chicherit must be pretty damn loaded if he's able to run two World teams and one Euro one, no?

1 hour ago, ianism said:

wow Chicherit must be pretty damn loaded if he's able to run two World teams and one Euro one, no?

Well getting Prodrive to design and build you a car can't have been cheap... running six cars this season would be a serious commitment though! 

Good news seeing a two car World entry from All Inkl:

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/10568/two-car-entry-for-all-inkl-com-muennich

I was afraid that the commitment to Titans might mean we wouldn't see the Munnich cars in an IMG Championship this year. 

• Agree 1

I also not had expected the double All-Inkl entry. I guess Mandy August will be in EuroRX than.

17 hours ago, ianism said:

He is, although I'd imagine his drivers are all paying for their seats. Could be wrong but it's very likely.

Funny guy, goes for the title. With this car and his talent let's just call it mission impossible 🙄

• Agree 1