• ALL-INKL.COM Muennich Motorsport - SEAT Ibiza RX - Timo Scheider
  • ALL-INKL.COM Muennich Motorsport - SEAT Ibiza RX - Rene Munnich
  • GCK Bilstein - Renault Megane R.S. RX - Anton Marklund
  • GCK UNKORRUPTED - Renault Clio R.S. RX - Guerlain Chicherit
  • GCK UNKORRUPTED - Renault Clio R.S. RX - Rokas Baciuska
  • GRX Taneco - Hyundai i20 RX - Niclas Gronholm
  • GRX Taneco - Hyundai i20 RX - Timur Timerzyanov

Munnich is a new full-time entry.
Baciuska switched from all most full-time to a full-time entry.
For now, GCK has less WRX entries so far than last year. Last year they had an average entry of 4,5 cars (4 full-time and Baciuska for half of the championship). Currently just 3 full-time entries. 

It looks like we'll get 1-2 team announcements every day, probably ending with Cartel and the Hansens.

2 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Funny guy, goes for the title. With this car and his talent let's just call it mission impossible 🙄

Hmm, I think the car is able to go for it. The talent of Marklund is maybe indeed questionable. He is pretty quick though (ERX champion and ERX vice-champion with his own Marklund Polo), but not sure he is consistent enough and in the end also fast enough to do it. 

12 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Hmm, I think the car is able to go for it. The talent of Marklund is maybe indeed questionable. He is pretty quick though (ERX champion and ERX vice-champion with his own Marklund Polo), but not sure he is consistent enough and in the end also fast enough to do it. 

I wonder if any development is put in the Megane. Probably, with the input from Abbring (heard it was a large list after his first test), the Clio can be a front contender. With the right drivers offcourse, which is questionable...

55 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Funny guy, goes for the title. With this car and his talent let's just call it mission impossible 🙄

I still think there is a lot of untapped potential in the Megane, but I don't think Marklund is likely to challenge for the title. 

Certainly not a talentless driver, but I think there are better in the World field. I have never warmed to him either: very aggressive when dishing out punishment, but the first one to moan if anyone ever pushes him. 

Confirmation that Larsson will be contesting the World Championship this year...

89542238_2957893890930132_78281711479076

...he is going with JC Raceteknik who will be running a 2018 specification S1 for him.  

They claim the Audi has the latest spec, so maybe an improved ERX winning car?

If the car is slightly better, and with his driving skills he is a strong title contender.

33 minutes ago, James McAdam said:

So, the same car as Bakkerud and Doran in 2019, isn't it ?

Yeah, plus whatever refinements they have made in the off season. 

5 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

They claim the Audi has the latest spec, so maybe an improved ERX winning car?

If the car is slightly better, and with his driving skills he is a strong title contender.

The article says ex-Ekstrom 2018 car, so I suspect it is going to be one of the two Cartel cars, because EKS have just posted a "farewell RX Cartel" message. 

Yeah, i saw the message from EKS as well. First Szabo left, now also the RX Cartel boys left EKS.

That could mean a few things though for the RX Cartel guys:
- The Audi will be run by JC instead;
- They will be with the GCK Megane;
- They will be with an other brand (Subaru?).

• Like 1

Just now, JorritVD said:

- They will be with an other brand (Subaru?).

As far as I know there is still a regulation change required for this to happen but, if that is possible, then Bakkerud has already touched base with Subaru and they will surely be keen to make use of those cars...

Just now, JorritVD said:

- They will be with the GCK Megane;

...this seems like a good possibility, as Liam already has a link with GCK. 

I think the Subaru would be the more competitive option: I am concerned that RX Cartel would lose time having to refine the Meganes, whereas the EKS cars were immediately quick.

Posted (edited)

Team Hansen (without MJP it seems) return with the same 208.

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/news/hansen-peugeot-confirmed-2020-return/4736035/

------

So far we have 10 full-time entries confirmed: 

• ALL-INKL.COM Muennich Motorsport - SEAT Ibiza RX - Timo Scheider
  • ALL-INKL.COM Muennich Motorsport - SEAT Ibiza RX - Rene Munnich
  • GCK Bilstein - Renault Megane R.S. RX - Anton Marklund
  • GCK UNKORRUPTED - Renault Clio R.S. RX - Guerlain Chicherit
  • GCK UNKORRUPTED - Renault Clio R.S. RX - Rokas Baciuska
  • GRX Taneco - Hyundai i20 RX - Niclas Gronholm
  • GRX Taneco - Hyundai i20 RX - Timur Timerzyanov
  • JC Raceteknik - Audi S1 EKS RX quattro - Robin Larsson
  • Team Hansen - Peugeot 208 WRX - Timmy Hansen
  • Team Hansen - Peugeot 208 WRX - Kevin Hansen

Still waiting for possible entries of

• RX Cartel (Meganes?)
  • Szabo (third i20?)
  • STARD
  • OMSE / Erikssons
  • Xite / Bennett
  • ES
  • ... and maybe more.
Edited by JorritVD

21 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I don't want to sound bitter, but I want to see the Hansen brothers get thrashed this year. 

+1

But I don't want to sound bitter too. :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I don't want to sound bitter, but I want to see the Hansen brothers get thrashed this year. 

I want one of them trashed

British Championship gains another Supercar entry for 2020: 

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/mike-sellar-confirms-return-to-rallycross-with-entry-into-5-nations-brx

Press release says that brings the Supercar total to ten (though I only count nine thus far) with more to come. Great news. 

Bakkerud and Kristoffersson both teasing reveals, I wonder if there is a possibility they are connected? (by Monster Energy?)

34 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

British Championship gains another Supercar entry for 2020: 
https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/mike-sellar-confirms-return-to-rallycross-with-entry-into-5-nations-brx
Press release says that brings the Supercar total to ten (though I only count nine thus far) with more to come. Great news. 

1. Mike Sellar
  2. Andy Scott
  3. Julian Godfrey
  4. Ollie O’Donovan
  5. Tristan Ovenden
  6. Jack Thorne
  7. Mark Donnelly
  8. Roger Thomas
  9. Steve Hill
  10. Andy Grant

Indeed great news. 🙂 

Also great to see they want to invest in the S1600 category.
https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/free-2021-supercar-prize-drive-for-relaunched-brx-5-nations-super-1600-champion

34 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Bakkerud and Kristoffersson both teasing reveals, I wonder if there is a possibility they are connected? (by Monster Energy?)

Could be, but i wonder which car it could be than. Kristoffersson would only go with a VW Polo. 

A little 🕵️‍♂️ on the Instagram post of Johan
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9j8C0Wg7Fa/
89374379_139523270720576_5183413952462218970_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=FEp1UegLKCIAX_nH7_b&oh=d743fcc55a46c32de6a19594e0be250f&oe=5E9CA82F

What I notice, the mirror is different than the KMS Polo Supercar. Also the mirror looks more forward than with the Marklund or Solberg run Polo. Actually it looks more like an R5 car (also with the roofscoop). 

So that could mean
- a rally program
- a new Rallycross car, based on the R5 Polo.
- the car in the image is not the actual car what the program is about.

11 minutes ago, James McAdam said:

And here we go. Johan is back !

imagesource.php?image=14241.jpg

Aero looks like an older configuration, but no rear radiator? Have KMS copied the VW Motorsport setup, or have they managed to get one of the PSRXVW cars? 

12 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Aero looks like an older configuration, but no rear radiator? Have KMS copied the VW Motorsport setup, or have they managed to get one of the PSRXVW cars? 

Here is what I have via the French press :

Johan Kristoffersson will benefit from a VW Polo with which he has won the World RX twice in a row in a 100% private programme supervised by Volkswagen Sverige and Bauhaus. He will get back his famous Polo still operated by VW Motorsport via technical support on the races but which will be maintained in the premises of the firm KMS Motorsport in Arvika. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James McAdam said:

Here is what I have via the French press :

Johan Kristoffersson will benefit from a VW Polo with which he has won the World RX twice in a row in a 100% private programme supervised by Volkswagen Sverige and Bauhaus. He will get back his famous Polo still operated by VW Motorsport via technical support on the races but which will be maintained in the premises of the firm KMS Motorsport in Arvika. 

If that is the case I best start eating my words: I didn't think VW Motorsport would let anyone touch those cars again!

Posted (edited)

It seems to be the 2017 spec car, at least the bodykit is. But the IG post Johan posted earlier was a different car. 

Also the Fia WRX article seems to confirm its a factory polo, as Evjen will run the KMS build car.

I don't think Johan will be able to be as dominant again as it seems to be an older car, with less engineers and things from VW. But it could be a titanic battle with Gronholm, Hansens, Larsson, Bakkerud, Johan and possible more.

I wonder if Marklund already changes his mind about going for the title 😛 

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Slightly different front end.

It seems a 2017 car, with 2018 bonnett. So possible 2018 spec engine as well. The front bumper could be a bit altered to make it more RX (or due to changed mold for making spare parts, and maybe also due to the colors/livery.

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1