DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

1 hour ago, James McAdam said:

Damn, I am so happy to see that DS3 back on the grid.

Yeah, me too! Hopefully going to see full-attack Solberg behind the wheel. 

• Agree 1

Sendy Solberg is always good:

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Sendy Solberg is always good:

His father has definitely taught him well! Oliver was brilliant to watch in the 2018 RallyX Nordic season. 

If it means another season of Launch Control I'm happy.

• Agree 2

New livery for the Gronholm i20:

Similar to last years, but still looks good. Not sure if it is the new livery (or the pictures), but the rear quarters look different?

yes, it looks a bit more massive.

The white wheels make also the whole livery a massive change I must say. I like it.

I wonder how many of this years events will be behind closed doors? 

Impressive drive from Johan in the inferior (no offence to KMS) car. 

Great drive from Larsson as well. Much smoother than usual, he could be a serious contender if he drives the latest spec S1 like that in the World Championship. 

Surprised by the pace of Gronholm: honestly thought he'd be leaving everyone else for dead! Hopefully they can refine the car for tomorrow. 

So many positive points for this magic weekend :

- the livestream coverage format : simply amazing. We really need this for the WRX race weekend. So immersive.

- Oliver Solberg's weekend : fantastic and good fun as he says. :classic_biggrin: (We need the ds3 comeback in DR2.0, just sayin' :classic_ninja:)

- Marcus G. fastest time of friday and Niclas face when I realise it : just epic

- The races were pretty damn good and fun to watch.

- The i20 is such a weapon (We need the i20 in DR2.0, just sayin' :classic_ninja:). I hope the Megane will be able to have the same pace to compete. We need to see Bakkerud in the pace with the i20, Audi's, the Pug and the old quicky polo.

- Molly's smile. :classic_love:

- Andrew at his best. :classic_blush:

• Agree 1

Talking about the DS3, that needs to be back, but also the Marklund (very similar to KMS spec) Polo also back. All those Polo who were competing are like that Polo from DR1 and D4 😄 

Its quite interesting:
- Hedströms Polo is the Marklund Polo (they took over the concept from Marklund Motorsport)
- Kristofferson's Polo is their own build Polo, but have a lot of similarities with the Marklund one.
- Bryntesson's Polo is a Marklund Polo, but it seems it now has the front fenders and front bumper from the KMS Polo. Could be they could buy some new/used spares from KMS.

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto, buiten en natuur

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, James McAdam said:

So many positive points for this magic weekend :

- the livestream coverage format : simply amazing. We really need this for the WRX race weekend. So immersive.

Yeah. Very well presented livestream, I certainly felt like I got what I paid for. Great to see the drone idea lifted from Formula D as well. Doubt it will be possible to do that again, but it was brilliant to see it here. 

- Oliver Solberg's weekend : fantastic and good fun as he says. :classic_biggrin: (We need the ds3 comeback in DR2.0, just sayin' :classic_ninja:)

Also 100% agreed. Impressed with how competitive Oliver and the DS3 were, especially considering that car hasn't undergone any extensive preparation since 2016. 

- Marcus G. fastest time of friday and Niclas face when I realise it : just epic

Favourite bit of the weekend for me. Rare to see any emotion from a Gronholm, but Niclas face was a picture in the studio, there was genuine laughter from the other three drivers and Marcus did a superb Fonz impression when told the news. Amazing. 

In terms of the racing I was surprised not to see Niclas blitz everyone from the outset. Clearly some more tweaking required with the new dampers. Impressive driving from Larsson as well, I didn't think he would be competitive if he drove the later S1 in his usual style, but he seems to have adjusted accordingly and the results spoke for themselves. 

Incredible performance from Johan yesterday. The car was clearly inferior to the i20 and S1, but that drive in the final was near perfect in those conditions. Definitely a warning to the rest of the field there, if the VW Motorsport Polo is still competitive then Johan is going to be right at the sharp end. 

• Like 1

Interesting company: Galway carbon.

Maybe a good company for Codies to work together with (which maybe already happen). I also saw some clips they did 3d-scanning. So they might have some good resources for the car modelling work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCT-owPDEXz/

106501247_911619692658839_7985201344662793011_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=KB33yDpF4LEAX_-xZMw&oh=a1b635768e8c44fd9004bf3482cdc371&oe=5F2D1FBC

• Like 1

Galway Carbon supply panels for a LOT of World and Euro cars, definitely a useful contact if they have 3D models for those cars! 

Galway as in Irish Galway? Nice. 

Never knew they had something like this there 🙂 

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Galway as in Irish Galway? Nice. 

Never knew they had something like this there 🙂 

Yeah. First time I remember seeing them get a mention was when Petter was talking about his DS3 back in 2013, but there name has popped up numerous times since: LDM, KMS, Marklund, GRX, Munnich, Derek Tohill and several others all use Galway Carbon panels. I believe they are also involved with "The Project" Subaru kits as well. 

Potential electric RX car maybe?

Looking at that page, they uploaded an enormous pic, here it is in full:

STARD-Ford-Fiesta-ERX2.jpg