DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Licenses and assets aren't as transferrable as you may think 😉 

Yas Marina's just been cancelled.

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Yas Marina's just been cancelled.

It was my least favourite round on the revised calendar, so I am not that sad to see it go... 

...that was the last bit of "World" in the 2020 calendar though: it is all European now. 

I like Yas. Didn't care for it much initially but the game warmed me to it.

In other news STARD are teasing a Citroen Projekt E.

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I like Yas. Didn't care for it much initially but the game warmed me to it.

Exactly the same.

:classic_ninja: These orange curbs :classic_ninja:

It is definitely a fun one to race with friends: you know at least one of you is going to push too hard and end up on your roof! :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, tbtstt said:

It is definitely a fun one to race with friends: you know at least one of you is going to push too hard and end up on your roof! :classic_laugh:

🙈🙋🏼‍♂️

Edited by JorritVD

STARD launches world’s first R5-based electric race car with the support of Citroen Racing

http://stard.at/2020/08/04/stard-launches-worlds-first-r5-based-electric-race-car-with-the-support-of-citroen-racing/?fbclid=IwAR38HvehW1ypapviHyC5gvuf8cgkjtT7zUcDyLhvDeaIwd3Y3-0fapJZCp8

116838245_3038694229589503_8849659054831674780_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=LV-QVzgbjbEAX-2Lphh&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=6bdc20a0597d2ab0da8e6831a8380373&oe=5F4FC1EC

So far, Codies could create both Projekt E cars as a big base is already there (RXS Evo 5 and C3 R5).

Could this be one of the suprises in the August update? 😜 

Block will compete at Holjes in Projekt E. 

• Like 1

Come on Codies, bring the Polo RX back from DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT 4. Would be a nice addition and "suprise".

I just love the looks of that car (livery is maybe not the best though).

RallyX Nordic this weekend at Arvika.

117339029_3601878169830889_9124887773350792080_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=4BGXjFGO5_UAX9plUGB&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=39f2b1f66aea1a7f82be3f1d09225749&oe=5F53083B

117315490_3601311686554204_4210692531296212819_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=6q5kkLT17CUAX-4oVYe&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=799206dfad16911f2222ae2c2bf05b84&oe=5F545E83

I have missed that launch sound! 

• Like 2

Stacked grid this year:

• 2019 Champion (T Hansen)
  • 2018 Champion (Kristoffersson)
  • 2017 Champion (Kristoffersson)
  • 2016 Champion (Ekstrom)

Any chance we can ask Petter to have a go? 😄 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Stacked grid this year:

• 2019 Champion (T Hansen)
  • 2018 Champion (Kristoffersson)
  • 2017 Champion (Kristoffersson)
  • 2016 Champion (Ekstrom)

Any chance we can ask Petter to have a go? 😄 

Ha, that would be epic! Looks like Janis may contest limited rounds. I guess JC Raceteknik are keen to put someone in the car, as there are financial penalties if they don't. 

Trying to write a preview for this season is a nightmare: there have been so many changes in the last few months!

Posted (edited)

It was a solid race on saturday with the obvious names in front. Maybe Bakkerud missing, it looked a bit like the team wasn't ready for it with all those issues.

Also the first appearance of project E. It was just hilarious and s-l-o-w...

Also strange with no spectators, normally I would have been there 😢

Edited by Janneman60

Good first round. Terrible start for RX Cartel, but an impressive run from Johan and a very mature drive from Larsson. If he carries on like that I think he has real title potential. 

Team Hansen and GRX cars not looking as competitive as I expected. I hope Gronholm has a better day today. 

Projekt E laps times weren't that far off in practice (about a second and a half slower), but all three drivers seemed to be having trouble being consistent. It must be a very different driving experience. 

Yeah, strange without spectators. Was odd watching the RallyX Nordic rounds without crowds, but it seems even more noticeable with the World round. 

3 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, strange without spectators. Was odd watching the RallyX Nordic rounds without crowds, but it seems even more noticeable with the World round. 

RX looks good on tv, but in fact is nothing compared to being at the track. In real life the cars are a lot more brutal.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

RX looks good on tv, but in fact is nothing compared to being at the track. In real life the cars are a lot more brutal.

100% agree: I don't think TV will ever be able to convey how violent the cars are (especially on launch). 

Hello I’m still alive!

That first semi final was crazy! Such a tense race! 

This Project E is not doing it for me at all. I know it’s difficult with 3 cars, but it’s just not the same when cars sound like vacuum cleaners. Just takes away all the hype