2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Sucks isn't a naughty word ūüėȬ†

Anyway, Catalunya this weekend ūüôā¬†

• Agree 1

can we get someone who does sound at CM to put Andrew Coley's imitation of the RS200's turbo wastegate into the next Dirt Rally title?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ianism said:

can we get someone who does sound at CM to put Andrew Coley's imitation of the RS200's turbo wastegate into the next Dirt Rally title?

I tweeted him about that: his Q2 turbo and Q3 engine impressions were spot on! 

Coley and getting distracted by wastegates, name a more iconic duo.

• Like 2

what a rallycross weekend. Indeed, I was hoping a better end for Andreas, but action was there. So thrilling.
I don't like Timmy , but what a drive in saturday's final.

This is why I love RX. Pure beauty.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Coley and getting distracted by wastegates, name a more iconic duo.

His conversations about tea and spotting animals at the circuit/in the clouds during the live broadcast yesterday were pretty entertaining as well! 

Definitely an action packed weekend, but I can't help but think a lot of the drama is caused by the redesigned layout and a terrible turn one. 

That was a tough call with the final yesterday. Perhaps I am biased as a Johan fan - and yes, he could have given slightly more room - but he clearly had a better start and, when you watch the replay, Andreas was very late on the brakes. 

Uncharacteristic mistake from Ekstrom as well. Really surprised me to see him overshoot there. 

1 hour ago, James McAdam said:

I don't like Timmy , but what a drive in saturday's final.

Agreed. Hard to deny that wasn't an excellent drive. Pity we had to endure the over the top display from Kevin after Timmy won, but definitely a step up in pace for the Hansen 208 (though that have been fast at Barcelona in the past). 

Johan just needs to outscore Mattias by three points now and the Championship is his. He may be slightly on the back foot for Spa, as he hasn't drive there before, but I doubt it will take him long to start breaking lap records! :classic_laugh:

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Uncharacteristic mistake from Ekstrom as well. Really surprised me to see him overshoot there.

If you talk about the final, according to the team on fb (https://www.facebook.com/JcRaceteknik) it was the following issue: 

"due to a throttle stuck on the fourth lap he lost a lot of time finishing P4."

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yeah, i wanted them to step-advance the replay of the final, but we got it enough times to see that it was a really unfortunate racing incident ūüėě

The Polo was clearly ahead of the Meganne when Johan stood on the brakes, Andreus only went up the inside because he was, i fear, too late on the brakes to make the apex from that inside line.¬† Everything thereafter was a really bad side effect of physics and tyre barriers, causing the Polo to inadvertently force the Meganne into the wall, no input needed from either driver for that to happen ūüėě

Yeah, the Hansen's celebrations always seem a bit, nepotismistic? so much that even when they have a big deserved celebration that it still looks weird and unencompassing of anyone else on the circuit.

Anyway, Bakkerud, i feel for him, i was surprised how off the pace he's been this year due to the car, after being practically the title winner last year, he was so genuinely happy during Sunday with the progress they made, and don't forget, on the front row for the final, he did that well! only to have it all binned on the first corner.  I've seen them before, i've almost been part of them, but that kind of really bad accident is hard to swallow, as i said, it's a really unfortunate racing incident, but seems bad enough that it must be someone's fault.

Bakkerud was so giddy with joy after the Qualifiers, shame the Final didn't work out for him.

• Agree 1

Bakkerud by now has a reputation to have such kind of accidents.

Well, that is also a big part of the reason people like to see him on track.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, JorritVD said:

If you talk about the final, according to the team on fb (https://www.facebook.com/JcRaceteknik) it was the following issue: 

"due to a throttle stuck on the fourth lap he lost a lot of time finishing P4."

Cheers, saw the post after I posted on here!

19 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Yeah, i wanted them to step-advance the replay of the final, but we got it enough times to see that it was a really unfortunate racing incident ūüėě

The Polo was clearly ahead of the Meganne when Johan stood on the brakes, Andreus only went up the inside because he was, i fear, too late on the brakes to make the apex from that inside line.¬† Everything thereafter was a really bad side effect of physics and tyre barriers, causing the Polo to inadvertently force the Meganne into the wall, no input needed from either driver for that to happen ūüėě

The official World RX Facebook page shared a slow motion clip earlier in the week, something I didn't notice before is that Bakkerud actually had space to move to his left before they reached the corner. Definitely a shame for Andreas, but can't help but think he could have been a bit more cautious there (much like Loheac last year). 

19 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Yeah, the Hansen's celebrations always seem a bit, nepotismistic? so much that even when they have a big deserved celebration that it still looks weird and unencompassing of anyone else on the circuit.

I have a huge amount of respect for Kenneth and he always seems quite controlled with his emotions, but Susann Hansen has always been very over the top with her celebrations in front of the camera and it seems like her kids are the same: especially Kevin. All the drivers/teams celebrate a win, but I always think the Hansen family look like they are trying too hard.

I am told they are all great if you get to know them, but I find the way that Kevin, Timmy and Susann present themselves as seeming very artificial. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

but think he [Andreas] could have been a bit more cautious there (much like Loheac last year). 

Still a painful memory to me. :classic_ninja: