Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Recommended Posts

Sucks isn't a naughty word 😉 

 

Anyway, Catalunya this weekend 🙂 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can we get someone who does sound at CM to put Andrew Coley's imitation of the RS200's turbo wastegate into the next Dirt Rally title?

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ianism said:

can we get someone who does sound at CM to put Andrew Coley's imitation of the RS200's turbo wastegate into the next Dirt Rally title?

 

I tweeted him about that: his Q2 turbo and Q3 engine impressions were spot on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coley and getting distracted by wastegates, name a more iconic duo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a rallycross weekend. Indeed, I was hoping a better end for Andreas, but action was there. So thrilling.
I don't like Timmy , but what a drive in saturday's final.

This is why I love RX. Pure beauty.
 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Coley and getting distracted by wastegates, name a more iconic duo.

His conversations about tea and spotting animals at the circuit/in the clouds during the live broadcast yesterday were pretty entertaining as well! 

Definitely an action packed weekend, but I can't help but think a lot of the drama is caused by the redesigned layout and a terrible turn one. 

That was a tough call with the final yesterday. Perhaps I am biased as a Johan fan - and yes, he could have given slightly more room - but he clearly had a better start and, when you watch the replay, Andreas was very late on the brakes. 

Uncharacteristic mistake from Ekstrom as well. Really surprised me to see him overshoot there. 

1 hour ago, James McAdam said:

I don't like Timmy , but what a drive in saturday's final.

Agreed. Hard to deny that wasn't an excellent drive. Pity we had to endure the over the top display from Kevin after Timmy won, but definitely a step up in pace for the Hansen 208 (though that have been fast at Barcelona in the past). 

Johan just needs to outscore Mattias by three points now and the Championship is his. He may be slightly on the back foot for Spa, as he hasn't drive there before, but I doubt it will take him long to start breaking lap records! :classic_laugh:

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Uncharacteristic mistake from Ekstrom as well. Really surprised me to see him overshoot there.

If you talk about the final, according to the team on fb (https://www.facebook.com/JcRaceteknik) it was the following issue: 

"due to a throttle stuck on the fourth lap he lost a lot of time finishing P4."

 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, i wanted them to step-advance the replay of the final, but we got it enough times to see that it was a really unfortunate racing incident 😞

The Polo was clearly ahead of the Meganne when Johan stood on the brakes, Andreus only went up the inside because he was, i fear, too late on the brakes to make the apex from that inside line.  Everything thereafter was a really bad side effect of physics and tyre barriers, causing the Polo to inadvertently force the Meganne into the wall, no input needed from either driver for that to happen 😞

 

Yeah, the Hansen's celebrations always seem a bit, nepotismistic? so much that even when they have a big deserved celebration that it still looks weird and unencompassing of anyone else on the circuit.

Anyway, Bakkerud, i feel for him, i was surprised how off the pace he's been this year due to the car, after being practically the title winner last year, he was so genuinely happy during Sunday with the progress they made, and don't forget, on the front row for the final, he did that well! only to have it all binned on the first corner.  I've seen them before, i've almost been part of them, but that kind of really bad accident is hard to swallow, as i said, it's a really unfortunate racing incident, but seems bad enough that it must be someone's fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bakkerud was so giddy with joy after the Qualifiers, shame the Final didn't work out for him.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bakkerud by now has a reputation to have such kind of accidents.

Well, that is also a big part of the reason people like to see him on track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, JorritVD said:

If you talk about the final, according to the team on fb (https://www.facebook.com/JcRaceteknik) it was the following issue: 

"due to a throttle stuck on the fourth lap he lost a lot of time finishing P4."

Cheers, saw the post after I posted on here!

19 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Yeah, i wanted them to step-advance the replay of the final, but we got it enough times to see that it was a really unfortunate racing incident 😞

The Polo was clearly ahead of the Meganne when Johan stood on the brakes, Andreus only went up the inside because he was, i fear, too late on the brakes to make the apex from that inside line.  Everything thereafter was a really bad side effect of physics and tyre barriers, causing the Polo to inadvertently force the Meganne into the wall, no input needed from either driver for that to happen 😞

The official World RX Facebook page shared a slow motion clip earlier in the week, something I didn't notice before is that Bakkerud actually had space to move to his left before they reached the corner. Definitely a shame for Andreas, but can't help but think he could have been a bit more cautious there (much like Loheac last year). 

19 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Yeah, the Hansen's celebrations always seem a bit, nepotismistic? so much that even when they have a big deserved celebration that it still looks weird and unencompassing of anyone else on the circuit.

I have a huge amount of respect for Kenneth and he always seems quite controlled with his emotions, but Susann Hansen has always been very over the top with her celebrations in front of the camera and it seems like her kids are the same: especially Kevin. All the drivers/teams celebrate a win, but I always think the Hansen family look like they are trying too hard.

I am told they are all great if you get to know them, but I find the way that Kevin, Timmy and Susann present themselves as seeming very artificial. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

but think he [Andreas] could have been a bit more cautious there (much like Loheac last year). 

Still a painful memory to me. :classic_ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was watching old RX races and came across a driver at Portugal called Joaquim Santos, and I was thinking "that name is familiar..."

Then it clicked that Joaquim Santos is also the name of the driver who crashed into the spectators at Rally Portugal '86 in the RS200

Does anybody know if it happens to be the same driver? I imagine it's a pretty common Portuguese name but still, would be interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it is the same chap, though he did carry on racing after the smash, didn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I don't think it is the same chap, though he did carry on racing after the smash, didn't he?

There's quite a lot of info on that Santos on eWRC, he was entering rallies until 2014 apparently, but that site doesn't cover RX so I guess there's no real way to find out if they're the same person

This guy shows up at Montelegre a few times as it turns out, always towards the bottom of the qualifying standings which would maybe indicate he's an older gentleman perhaps..? 😂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen that the British Rallycross rounds at Lydden this weekend (rounds two and three) have been postponed due to a fresh lockdown here in the UK. Absolutely gutted and very frustrated with the lockdown implementation, as it should have come six weeks ago. 

Fingers crossed they can run a round (or two) in December. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, it doesn't sound really good for the all rallycross world. SPA will be cancelled for sure, as the germany's round too. This is quite sad. :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive the double post, but I have just seen that the official World RX social media pages are stating that Germany will be the final round of the Euro RX, Super 1600 and Formula E Championships. With that in mind, would there be enough hours in the day to potentially fit in two World RX rounds? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Forgive the double post, but I have just seen that the official World RX social media pages are stating that Germany will be the final round of the Euro RX, Super 1600 and Formula E Championships. With that in mind, would there be enough hours in the day to potentially fit in two World RX rounds? 

If they do what they did for the other double-headers it's feasible, by running fewer Qualifiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or do qualifying rounds for s1600 and ERX on friday, this is done last couple of years when running all classes in the same weekend.

Edited by Janneman60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Or do qualifying rounds for s1600 and ERX on friday, this is done last couple of years when running all classes in the same weekend.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking after posting @Janneman60...

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

If they do what they did for the other double-headers it's feasible, by running fewer Qualifiers.

...they have done it at other rounds, but are they going to be working with limited daylight hours that late in the year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×