2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

1 minute ago, b0yc1e said:

You say liam is doing retro, don't suppose you know if he's driving Rosie ?

Yeah, he is!

9 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, he is!

Thats great news, im so glad they did a refit !

1 minute ago, b0yc1e said:

Thats great news, im so glad they did a refit !

Yeah, I have lost track of how many times it has been nailed back together now. I am not holding my breath that it's going to run for the whole day, but fingers crossed it lasts!

Steve Harris had issues with his RS200 at Silverstone, but it was an absolute missile once they got the problems sorted. 

Just seen a post online indicating that Jon Armstrong will be competing in the RX150 class at Lydden Hill tomorrow. 

Rather concerned by the result from Barcelona at the weekend. I hope this isn't an early sign that we are about to see a season of domination from the Hansen brothers. 

Uploaded a few pictures from the second round of the British Rallycross Championship at Lydden last week, few of my faves... 

46950283594_ff4eeb7a20_b.jpg

33862547508_9c35b8f832_b.jpg

32796159747_2db4e2b15a_b.jpg

33862554938_ac9737301c_b.jpg

46823036515_412428c8f2_b.jpg

33862548528_85479cb00a_b.jpg

The modern Supercars are great, but it was brilliant to see Liam driving the wheels of an RS200!

Full album here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157691191308423

If any of you want to see more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, early impressions of Spa? I really enjoyed the opening races. The track could probably do with being a bit longer, but it’s not a bad layout. Plus I think in the dry it will be cool to see them smoking the tyres out of T1. Timmy seemed to really enjoy himself

Pleasantly surprised by Spa so far. Eau Rouge doesn't really look any different to any other uphill climb at an elevated circuit to me, but the dirt section is decent and there is enough width for passing.

The racing has been unpredictable so far and it's great to see some different names at the top of the standings: which is exactly what I have been hoping for this season. 

• Agree 1

I’m very hungover, but race 3 of Q3 has completely woken me up! This track is producing some brilliant racing! Can’t wait for Q4 and the finals

Yeah, really regretting not going now! For me this is definitely the best F1-based rallycross circuit they have added to the World Championship. 

Really hope that Audi can strike back this weekend and try and level things out. Kevin Hansen has really improved his position in Q3, so he might be up there by the final. 

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, really regretting not going now! For me this is definitely the best F1-based rallycross circuit they have added to the World Championship. 

Really hope that Audi can strike back this weekend and try and level things out. Kevin Hansen has really improved his position in Q3, so he might be up there by the final. 

Yeah I know, I wanted to go and you talked me out of it! 😂 Q4 was brilliant too, I hope there’s lots more racing on track in the finals. Timur has been really impressive this weekend so far, hope he can do well this afternoon

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

Yeah I know, I wanted to go and you talked me out of it! 😂 Q4 was brilliant too, I hope there’s lots more racing on track in the finals. Timur has been really impressive this weekend so far, hope he can do well this afternoon

Given the quality of the last few additions (specifically CotA and Abu Dhabi), I had low expectations for Spa. Fair play to the organisers though, it looks cracking!

Fantastic to see a proper deep dirt section that hasn't been swept clear. 

Fingers crossed for some good semis. 

Really happy for Timur, he drove brilliantly all weekend, it was well deserved. His reaction was brilliant too. I flicked over to the F1 afterwards and I quickly turned it off, it’s just awful

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ha, you got further with the F1 then I did: I didn't even turn over, I left the V8 Supercars on! 

Great final. So pleased to see a GRX car on the top step of the podium, they (and Timur) deserve it. I hope Gronholm comes back strong at Silverstone. 

Good to see the standings close up a bit. Another weekend with the Hansen brothers off the podium and that would really even things up. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Ha, you got further with the F1 then I did: I didn't even turn over, I left the V8 Supercars on! 

Great final. So pleased to see a GRX car on the top step of the podium, they (and Timur) deserve it. I hope Gronholm comes back strong at Silverstone. 

Good to see the standings close up a bit. Another weekend with the Hansen brothers off the podium and that would really even things up. 

I’m sadly away for silverstone this year, but I will be in Spain so there’s that I guess. F1 was terribly boring. I don’t understand why fans always complain it don’t actually change the channel over and watch something decent like WRX or WRC. Or touring cars or pretty much anything else. I’ve seen 10 year olds have better races around a quarter mile oval than most F1 races

Hi, long time no post here for me. But i enjoyed the Spa event a lot.
- The spa track seems a lot of fun. Maybe a bit to short. I think they could the climb in Eau Rouge / Raddilion a bit longer so this part becomes a bit more challenging.
- The gravel section is awesome and seemed to fit the old school and rally drivers a bit more (Doran, Bakkerud) than the younger or circuit drivers.
- The gravel is sure deep. They said multiple lines would be possible, one side true (the inside line or the 'racing line'), but they couldn't take the outside line. So maybe they should check this. But overall it seems that the organisers checked this banked corner from NRX. So Pastrana already had influence on at least one new RX track.  

It felt like a propper RX event. Now Abu Dhabi really looked a bit dull. After Saturday all was very open. I though about 5-10 points difference covered the first 12 drivers. So it could go still every way on Sunday. Also the ussual Spa weather (rain on saturday, sun on sunday) made it extra interesting to see how drivers/teams/cars could perform in the different conditions. Where Timo Scheider was strong on Saturday (maybe due to his rain experience) you could see he or his car wasn't strong enough in the dry. 

Great to see some guest entries with Ekstrom, Ide, Demoustier, Duval, Wiman.

Awesome to see Timur win, finally he did not his ussual mistakes in the final and with the great Hyundai (which seemed to be the car to have this weekend, although Timmy showed that the 208 was fast in Q4). Bakkerud was maybe overall the most consistent driver all weekend, but you could see the Audi wasn't as quick as the Hyundai. Wiman showed why he became GRC champion in the past, mega weekend for him (but at the start of the final he was in the wrong position, still a drive from last to third) and I hope he will do more weekend this year. Shame that both he and Nittiss don't have a full time drive, because they would both be championship contenders with this car.

• Like 1

Oh yes, and bring this SPA track to DR2.0 with better multiplayer (driving again others instead of AI) and it will bring a lot of fun 🙂

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

I’m sadly away for silverstone this year, but I will be in Spain so there’s that I guess. F1 was terribly boring. I don’t understand why fans always complain it don’t actually change the channel over and watch something decent like WRX or WRC. Or touring cars or pretty much anything else. I’ve seen 10 year olds have better races around a quarter mile oval than most F1 races

Damn, that's a shame. I seriously doubt Silverstone is going to be as good as Spa, but I am looking forward to it. 

And yeah, fully agree, another cracking round of the WRC this weekend and yet everyone is still watching F1!

yeah, wow... just finished watching on yt.

would really like to have this track in DR2.0, along with Abu Dhabi (it looks a lot more fun to drive than to watch) 

It was a really great RX weekend. Spa is one of the greatest surprise of the RX since 2 years.

What a great battle. 

• Agree 2

looks like the next two cars coming to the game will be the RS2000 and 205 Turbo RX cars, given that their nefs were added in the latest update!

We went to the event, was really good. Great to see Joni Wiman on the podium, he did a fantastic job! And Timur of course :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mats27 said:

We went to the event, was really good. Great to see Joni Wiman on the podium, he did a fantastic job! And Timur of course :classic_ohmy:

One of the teams should really grab a hold of Joni

really like those Clios. hope we get them in DR2.0 at some point, along with the i20

• Agree 1