2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship

On 7/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, JorritVD said:

I think the Bakkarud vlog is well known, but also Scheider creates vlogs this season

They're really good, the footage is top notch. Him and Bakkerud stood beside the grid testing themselves when the lights went out for other races was cool.

Shame I don't know what he's actually saying!

On 7/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, JorritVD said:

Maybe the Rally die-hard fans will go nuts indeed, but its quite logical that these 6 tracks it will be (also known than three of the four tracks are basically already in the F1 games).

I am still secretly hoping a complete dedicated and separated RX game of the Dirt franchise. Some king of "Dirt RX".

That would be amazing and could stop Rally die-hard fans that don't like these RX additions in Dirt Rally. But I think it won't be a good money plan for Codemasters.

As a RX and Rally die-hard fans, I'm ok to pay for two separed games ! 😄

That new Gateway ARX track looked pretty fun 🙂 Interesting event overall. 

- Foust seemed to be fastest guy, but also showed he is not consisten and makes to many mistakes
- Subaru not seemed the outright fastest, but consistent. Speed really put the heads sharp there.
- Pecoy suprising again and showing great speed. Unfortunate he was unlucky twice in the finals.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, MattyH1812 said:

If your 1 track per season theory is correct I just hope that we get COTA and South Africa in season 3/4, wouldn't be able to stand if they left the 2018 season unfinished tracks wise

nah. having a "complete" season is unimportant. the tracks change every year. I'd be super down to get fun tracks from previous championships like the San Luis or Rosario tracks from Argentina, the one in Turkey (twisty!), or Hockenheim etc. another off-road game called Gravel came out a year or two ago and had San Luis and the Italian one (forget the name), along with like 7 others (such as Trois Rivieres, Estering, Hell Latvia etc). they weren't that faithfully recreated and had no Joker laps, but it was neat to see them in a game,

we're playing a racing game. let's concentrate on what's important: the racing and driving. I'd like to drive stuff that's fun. completionism in of itself is pointless

On 7/12/2019 at 10:26 AM, JorritVD said:

According to those steam files 6 more locations will possible come in a possible season 3 and 4. 
My theory is that the two remaining Rally locations from DR1 will come, so Finland and Greece.
Than fits in perfectly for four more RX tracks, so the remaining 2018 tracks in season 3, and the two new 2019 tracks in season 4.

Maybe the Rally die-hard fans will go nuts indeed, but its quite logical that these 6 tracks it will be (also known than three of the four tracks are basically already in the F1 games).

It could also be that they might go to a smaller seasons. So seasons 3 has one rally and one rx location. and the same for season 4.
Than a seperate non season DLC for the 2019 WRX season. Maybe the die hard rally fans will than go less nuts?

Yeah, liveries on RD are only for non DLC cars and only for Steam. As a console user it is kinda useless.

4 RX tracks in seasons 3-4: logical? nah, that's not how logic works. it just fits all the 2018-2019 tracks into the game, which seems nice to you because it completes the calendars.  it's really just a good way of pissing off the majority of your user base.

I did a poll on here asking if people preferred more rally content, more RX content, or a mix of both. 54 people voted rally, 3 voted RX and 4 voted both (I was one of the 4).

changing season structure: unlikely. 

i know about the liveries thing. kinda sucks, I know. sorry about that.

1 hour ago, ianism said:

nah. having a "complete" season is unimportant. the tracks change every year. I'd be super down to get fun tracks from previous championships like the San Luis or Rosario tracks from Argentina, the one in Turkey (twisty!), or Hockenheim etc. another off-road game called Gravel came out a year or two ago and had San Luis and the Italian one (forget the name), along with like 7 others (such as Trois Rivieres, Estering, Hell Latvia etc). they weren't that faithfully recreated and had no Joker laps, but it was neat to see them in a game,

we're playing a racing game. let's concentrate on what's important: the racing and driving. I'd like to drive stuff that's fun. completionism in of itself is pointless

The tracks do change every year, but so do the drivers and cars, and the drivers and cars we have in game are based on the 2018 season, so to leave the 2018 season unfinished would be a massive shame in my view

It'd be like releasing F1 2019 and not having Baku, I absolutely hate driving on Baku but it's there because the game is simulating the real life season, like DR2.0 is doing with WorldRX 2018

And who knows, COTA RX might be a blast to race on, and if it's not, that's what custom championships are for

3 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

The tracks do change every year, but so do the drivers and cars, and the drivers and cars we have in game are based on the 2018 season, so to leave the 2018 season unfinished would be a massive shame in my view

Massive shame for the "official RX game". Codemasters cannot produce a such effort to make the RX side of the game so good, intense and enjoyable and then leave it without the support it deserves as an official game. I am confident for the next seasons. 🤘

Well another theory about possible new RX locations for DR2.0
In the first two seasons it was a balance of 3 RX and 3 Rally locations. Of the same for seasons 3/4 will come, than there might also be 3 RX locations. So possible South Africa, CotA and maybe the return of Lydden Hill. For the rally locations it means that next to Greece and Finland, one completly new location will come (or maybe extra stages for current locations, so base stuff can be used)

A other theory is, is that for seasons 3/4 only four new locations will come. Although that seems unlikely, as in Steamdb there are 6 DLC locations mentioned.

image.thumb.png.75966acdc5e0e86be2bda0a43ae64544.png

Interesting here, is that the last two slots are posted recently. Both 1.13 (might be a typo) and no specification of a Location. ofcourse that word still could be added later.

20 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

It'd be like releasing F1 2019 and not having Baku, I absolutely hate driving on Baku but it's there because the game is simulating the real life season, like DR2.0 is doing with WorldRX 2018

And who knows, COTA RX might be a blast to race on, and if it's not, that's what custom championships are for

well, agree to disagree then haha

it wouldn't be a massive shame to me. DR1 and D4 were also the official games of the World RX Championship, and they only had 3 and 5 of the tracks, respectively.

to be honest, it doesn't say which year of the FIA WRX champs it is the official game of - F1 2019 is the official game of the 2019 season, but the stuff in DR2.0 is in there just because that's the most recent season. if the game had come out 2-3 months later we'd probably have gotten a bunch of the new liveries and lost the Polo R. I wouldn't have expected Spa or Abu Dhabi to be in the base game, however.

1 minute ago, JorritVD said:

Well another theory about possible new RX locations for DR2.0
In the first two seasons it was a balance of 3 RX and 3 Rally locations. Of the same for seasons 3/4 will come, than there might also be 3 RX locations. So possible South Africa, CotA and maybe the return of Lydden Hill. For the rally locations it means that next to Greece and Finland, one completly new location will come (or maybe extra stages for current locations, so base stuff can be used)

image.thumb.png.75966acdc5e0e86be2bda0a43ae64544.png

Interesting here, is that the last two slots are posted recently. Both 1.13 (might be a typo) and no specification of a Location. ofcourse that word still could be added later.

thanks for that, that's very interesting. I check steamdb once in a while for stuff like this.

both of them being 1.13 might not be a typo. the numbers correspond to the version of the game. before the names for the season 2 locations were added, Latvia was 1.5, Wales was 1.6 and Germany was 1.7. so there were two 1.7s, and there are also two 1.10s.

also 1.12 is missing. I guess there just won't be a (major) update to the game in the first part of Season 3, and then (assuming those slots are locations) two updates between Location 25 and 26: numbers 1.12 and 1.13.

hey. 

[Dream machine : ON] I did this little edit’ because I would love to have Andrew Coley as commentator on my wild Dirt Rally 2.0 - World RX sessions ! 

I know that some part are not 100% reflecting Andrew's commentary but it's hard to force the game to do it 😄

I hope you will find this funny.

Cheers Andrew and the RX community!

[Dream machine : OFF]

Coming back on ARX. Looks like the Loenbro team has got some RX Supercars.
Got his image from Arpin's IG story.

Two Ford Focus are behind the RX2 car.

Then there is a third M-Sport Fiesta. I guess this is a spare chassis, or is ment to be prepared for Block for a guest entry.

Than its an interesting one, it seemed there is a an OMSE Fiesta (MK7, non facelift) behind it. I guess this was Steve's GRC car from the 2013 and 2014 season.

So the team has got 6 Supercar chassis (2x Focus, 3x Fiesta M-Sport, 1x Fiesta OMSE), but only uses two. 

66292491_1057070218016211_5847744466585615889_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com

I'd be surprised to see anyone other than Block using those Focus now and I suspect he'll opt for the Fiesta if he has a choice. 

i wonder we will ever see those Focus back on track. Dont think Ford will really allow. Also difficult maybe now a lot of parts went used for the upgraded Fiesta’s. I think the electronics and engine (and related parts) have transplanted).

All of that, as well as it basically being like the old Volvo 850 tourer in touring cars.

Have you seen the ARX Subaru next to the fiestas? It looks like and changes direction like a boat!

11 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I'd be surprised to see anyone other than Block using those Focus now and I suspect he'll opt for the Fiesta if he has a choice. 

Yeah he prefers the Fiesta, never seemed at home in the Focus which was a shame.

10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

i wonder we will ever see those Focus back on track. Dont think Ford will really allow. Also difficult maybe now a lot of parts went used for the upgraded Fiesta’s. I think the electronics and engine (and related parts) have transplanted).

Doubt we'll see the chassis in action again, seems to have been left there after the internals were switched. I just really want to see some more ARX cars competing, would be a lot of fun to watch!

This is why i liked the Prodrive MINI RX. This brutal sound. Although this was with the 1.6L (WRC) engine. The 2.0L engine that was developed later (by JRM?) sounded more like a regular Supercar. 

Thought this MINI eventually went to Riku Tahko in Finland, who still races it in rallicrosssm with a 2.0L engine and some different aero package.
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

This is why i liked the Prodrive MINI RX. This brutal sound. Although this was with the 1.6L (WRC) engine. The 2.0L engine that was developed later (by JRM?) sounded more like a regular Supercar. 

Thought this MINI eventually went to Riku Tahko in Finland, who still races it in rallicrosssm with a 2.0L engine and some different aero package.
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten

I didn't realise that the Tahko MINI was the same car? I know it was based on a Prodrive WRCar shell, but I thought the cars converted for rallycross by Prodrive all went to JRM? 

Liam debuted the 1.6L test mule at Lydden in 2013 and it sounded amazing. I hate the look of the MINI Countryman WRC, but it is a great sounding car. I am not sure who built the 2.0L engines for JRM, but they were ****. I watched them spending a morning testing the 2.0L car at Loheac (with Chichiret) and the engine sounded like it had a bag of spanners stuck in it. 

All the JRM cars (three shells if I recall correctly) plus all the spares were bought by Liam Doran and Steve Harris. 

57 minutes ago, mats27 said:

Yeah he prefers the Fiesta, never seemed at home in the Focus which was a shame.

Arpin has been openly critical of the Focus and Block, although he has to tow the company line, hasn't been entirely positive about the Focus. 

I still believe that the Hoonigan story in rallycross would have been very different if they had been running the Fiesta (though arguably they were only there because of the Focus). 

12 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

All the JRM cars (three shells if I recall correctly) plus all the spares were bought by Liam Doran and Steve Harris. 

Same Steve who's driving that RS200 in Retro rx?

27 minutes ago, mats27 said:

Same Steve who's driving that RS200 in Retro rx?

Yep, that's him. LD Motorsport built the car and Steve bought it, His son (Jake) also competes as well: he has used a LDM DS3 on a number of occasions over the last few years. 

What's the chance we'll see the Ollie Bennett MINI in DR2.0?

5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I still believe that the Hoonigan story in rallycross would have been very different if they had been running the Fiesta (though arguably they were only there because of the Focus). 

I am not that sure. Bakkerud had a pretty mixed/poor start of the 2016 season. But after that it seemed the Focus was the car to beat or right up there.

For the 2017 season i think Focus lacked of development and the the change of style for a Rallycross car, and got beaten by the VW, Audi and Peugeot. 

Not World Rallycross, but the third and fourth rounds of the new Titans RX series take place at Lydden Hill this weekend. Anyone else planning to go? 

Not really sure what to expect from the "Titans", but I see Liam Doran will be driving the rallycross RS200 again, so it should be worth going just to see that car getting thrashed!