Jump to content Jump to content

2021 FIA World Rallycross Championship • 2021 Nitro Rallycross Championship

In that post from Fia WRX, they reacted tomorrow the 2020 scheduele will be announced. Btw, before also have been 2 German tracks in the same year with Hockenheim and Estering. 

Also locationwise it is a bit odd to have both Spa and Nurburgring. They are pretty close together. Might Spa not return than?

Edited by JorritVD
  • Social Media & Community Team

Ooh Nurb.

A bunch of my friends made their own fantasy Nurburgring RX track, it skips the final chicane by turning left and going over a massive grass jump 😄 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

In that post from Fia WRX, they reacted tomorrow the 2020 scheduele will be announced. Btw, before also have been 2 German tracks in the same year with Hockenheim and Estering. 

Also locationwise it is a bit odd to have both Spa and Nurburgring. They are pretty close together. Might Spa not return than?

Pretty sure we'll still see Spa next year, if anything them being so close is a good thing!

• Agree 1

Thoughts on which layout they may use?

Layout of the Nürburgring "GP-Strecke" circuit

I suspect they'll use the hairpin  and Michael-Schumacher S sections as there are many grandstands down that way, and potentially use the 2 short circuit's roads as Jokers.

image.png

• Agree 1

Well at least they have gone somewhere with some rallycross history this time. Going to be interesting to see the full calendar today, lot of rumours flying around about certain 2019 circuits getting the cut, I wonder which ones will make it?...

If it is that historic RX lay-out, than it could be something well. But it also needs a proper joker and an other problem is that the paddock is quite far away, which is not really suitable for the fans to walk from one side to the other side of the track.

My guess it will also be a that S chicane what PJT mentioned, or the use of the Arena section at the end of the start finish straight, which will give a good view for the fans and there is a tunnel to the paddock. 

I will be interested how 2020 looks like and how that will be planned with Projekt E and ERX

18 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Well at least they have gone somewhere with some rallycross history this time. Going to be interesting to see the full calendar today, lot of rumours flying around about certain 2019 circuits getting the cut, I wonder which ones will make it?...

Yeah it's going to be interesting! Will definitely get to this event, revisit the old circuit too. Love this part of Germany. 🙂 

3 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

the paddock is quite far away, which is not really suitable for the fans to walk from one side to the other side of the track.

Perhaps, but it wouldn't surprise me if they used the loop, plenty of space for a paddock, parking infrastructure + access roads. 

I'd bet they want to use those F1 facilities though, like you said. Turns 1-2 would be perfect for this.

37 minutes ago, mats27 said:

Yeah it's going to be interesting! Will definitely get to this event, revisit the old circuit too. Love this part of Germany. 🙂 

I need to visit Nurburgring 24 Hours at least once in my life.

• Like 2
  • PJTierney changed the title to 2021 FIA World Rallycross Championship • 2021 Nitro Rallycross Championship