Jump to content Jump to content

Rallycross: (World RX, Nitro RX & More)

• Social Media & Community Team

I watched the Supercars final and 1 or 2 races that happened before it:

• I liked the track layout; it was fast and wide enough for cars to make on-track overtakes. The split lane approach was neat too.
  • Glad that SUBARU managed to show form (finally), although Bakkerud had a shocker of a final.
  • 10 car finals are great to watch (it's like DIRT 5 in real life), makes World RX seem barren.

• I've no idea how 2 of the 3 NRX NEXT (RX2) podium finishers managed to do 5 of the 6 laps at racing speed without a rear tyre.
  • Also you know it was a wild race when the guy who got spun out and was left dead last on the opening lap comes back to win.

• Tanner Foust decided to do one of the support series races "just because", which was neat.

• There's still a fair chunk of dead air between each race, as they wait around for interviews, then cut to ad breaks and such. I had the stopwatch out for one of them and it was a 10 minute gap between one race finishing and the grid appearing for the next one. In World RX that's 3-5 minutes max so you're not going to switch off from boredom.
  • The starting grid graphic is upside-down. I get why they do it (to match the front-facing camera showing the grid) but it confuses me every time.

I didn't watch the entire show but overall not bad. That long, long gap between races really drags and is why I didn't make extra effort to watch live but the track was better than Utah's at the very least.

15 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

If there's a broadcast link, always feel free to paste it here 🙂

They put clips on the Nitro Rallycross channel, but the main broadcast on the Nitro Circus channel.

IMG_0624 (1)

Subaru Motorsports USA has been fined $10,000 for its controversial qualifying tactics in round two of Nitro Rallycross at ERX Motor Park.

In the final of the battle bracket, Scott Speed effectively threw the race when he elected not to pull away from the lights straight away, handing an easy win to Peugeot driver Kevin Hansen.

The move guaranteed that Speed and third-place qualifier Travis Pastrana would be in different heats on Sunday and, were they to win their individual heats, they would lock out the front row of the grid.

16 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Oops, that's a bit dirty....

Annnd i can't view that video here 🙄

Nitro RX is on Peacock in the US, YouTube everywhere else.

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The move guaranteed that Speed and third-place qualifier Travis Pastrana would be in different heats

Yeah, the same Scott Speed that was even banned from iRacing for his behaviour....

On 10/4/2021 at 10:23 AM, PJTierney said:
  • I've no idea how 2 of the 3 NRX NEXT (RX2) podium finishers managed to do 5 of the 6 laps at racing speed without a rear tyre.

Maybe you are used to much to the exaggerated physics reaction in DR2.0 when the tyre goes off.

9 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Maybe you are used to much to the exaggerated physics reaction in DR2.0 when the tyre goes off.

Whenever I watch WRX a blown tyre usually means the driver retires the car, so I was surprised that both drivers could maintain racing speed.

14 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

On a more serious note, that was because this was not rallycross but autocross.

I know Pastrana likes to call it rallycross mixed with motocross but at this rate its more like motocross with cars and a joker lap. Literally what's the point of calling it rallycross when tracks are barely 20% tarmac at best? ERX the only tarmac was on the start line and the whole thing was 97% dirt. Might as well just call it circuit rallying now.

I'm really trying to give it the benefit of the doubt but I barely have any excitement for the actual races, they're just not interesting to watch. 

Utah was still rallycross (with unnecessary jumps) in my opinion. 

ERX last weekend was just short course off-road racing with cars; it was a short course circuit, with a bit blocked off as a joker. 

The new electric cars that NRX is talking about running next year seem more like Extreme E trucks than rallycross cars, so I think NRX is shaping up to be the next iteration of LOORRS/COORS. 

I have nothing against that (I actually really like short-course racing) but, as others have already said, it isn't rallycross. 

WRX may not be in the strongest position right now but, after two weekends of hype (and under-delivery) from NRX, I am really looking forward to Spa this weekend. 

Something of note looking back at ERX is that the Nitro Rallycross tires don't seem to have an option for wet tires? I remember seeing on the broadcast that they were siping the tires on a per team basis but I found that really odd given Cooper offered a wet and a dry package.

16 hours ago, SaltyEnferno said:

Something of note looking back at ERX is that the Nitro Rallycross tires don't seem to have an option for wet tires? I remember seeing on the broadcast that they were siping the tires on a per team basis but I found that really odd given Cooper offered a wet and a dry package.

They not use Cooper's in NRX, but they use Yokohama there. I guess Yokohama has an wet compound, but not had with them. 

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

They not use Cooper's in NRX, but they use Yokohama there. I guess Yokohama has an wet compound, but not had with them. 

Oh yeah my bad, I knew they used Yokohama but didn't mention the distinction. As for the actual wet compound, I haven't seen it yet either. The tire cuts just seemed to be really crude diagonal cuts across the width of the tire too so I don't think its a proper wet compound, just the drys with cuts.

Really looking forward to Spa as well this weekend. That track is a beautiful rallycross track and I'm excited to see some good races on there.

Well, I am coming back from Spa where I have been able to finally meet the legend @JorritVD and some other cool lads. 

From the inside, except the lack of gravel :classic_ninja: apparently due to the massive floods, what a great weekend. The organisation was pretty cool except the lack of shop and the public was allowed to easily move from the different spots of the tracks and the pit lane. (I only went one time to see World RX at Loheac so forgive my lack of experience to compare)

Great moments for the little boy that I am :classic_blush:

On the sport side, a massive shame against the Hansen's brothers for their moves against Kevin Abbring. I know it was not intentional but it is so frustrating for Kevin Abbring. Pretty happy for Johan's win.

On the Euro side... well. What can I say except that I have seen, with my own eyes, Bakkerud’s European champion title ! For sure, it is something I will remember all my life.

I have been able to meet and talk with Andreas Bakkerud, Anton Marklund, Hervé Knapick, Christine GZ, Neil Cole & Molly Petit. All of them were very kind and really keen to share a moment with fans.

@Codemasters, you really need to add the awesome SPA track in the next title.

IMG_6464_jpg.thumb.jpg.7363f2523cd21f5b4a1d683c7ee72377.jpg IMG_6489.thumb.JPG.bb390e270f09ca8b14f63ac1d6103189.JPG

IMG_6537.thumb.JPG.e6a4d18f1ad02f598f4fb86c43c22530.JPG IMG_6562.thumb.jpg.8bccfa363733cf7b7eaac9e28715d0ef.jpg IMG_6535.thumb.jpg.b633ac53332d89c6cc0a6b7d36bdcf66.jpg 78568336_IMG_6536(1).thumb.jpg.0546ae5246958332f78b2ac43e6fdfd6.jpg 

image0.thumb.jpeg.02b4daab9d8bbed47fdea43778a80f17.jpeg

IMG_6481_jpg.thumb.JPG.99bbf1cd9e157014f427b923288cb40e.JPG IMG_6436_jpg.thumb.JPG.3a1756049c11e7e570189a21fedd4fbf.JPG

3ce89eb4-2063-4847-aa74-e0766810577e.thumb.JPG.a9eb0f8a9cad12dd0c99f957b5ef7461.JPG IMG_6440.thumb.JPG.895613dab496b484a9427cdf60c3fcbb.JPG

I have stars in my eyes. :classic_love:

Edited by James__McAdam
  • Like 6

The low attendance was sad 😞 

Didn't stop Kristoffersson going hard at it though, those were some feisty races yesterday 🙂 

• Agree 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Rallycross: (World RX, Nitro RX & More)