Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

f1 2018 won't launch how do i fix?

f1 2018 won't launch from steam. No error message shows. When i try to start it the second time, it says it is already running even if it is not. Does not show in taskbar. I have not runed it before. It is a total clean install.

On steam it says it is running, but no windows shows up, nothing on the taskbar, nothing in the task manager...

Windows 10 64bit

GPU gta 1070

intel core i5 9600k

16gb ram

Latest update on everything!

Ive tried:

-Verify integrity

-update everything

-reinstall

-run it as an administrator same story here

*Ive noticed that the f1 2018 game folder does not show up in documents/my games  - tried to find a download for that, could not find any.

*I have it installed under D drive so not under the same folder as windows

6 hours ago, Hobbyplayer said:

Do you have Steam also installed under D? If not, Steam can not find the F1 2018 folder and the game do not start.

No, the main steam files are under C and most of my steam games are installed under D and they work. Ill try to reinstall steam under D drive once i get home today. Thanks! 

10 hours ago, Hobbyplayer said:

Do you have Steam also installed under D? If not, Steam can not find the F1 2018 folder and the game do not start.

If Steam would be unable to find the folder/game executable, it would show an error message that the game executable couldn't be found. F1 2018 should run if the Steam installation is on C drive and the game is on D drive...

6 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi @radecalpha, can I ask what sort of monitor set-up you have? 

@Faya Singel monitor, Samsung LS24D330HSX/EN 24" LED monitor. 

I have one more but it is not plugged to my pc. 

-1020x1080p

-100% recommended

-landscape

Here is an update:

I tried to relocate the game to C drive where windows and all the main steam files are installed and I still have the same problem. 

I also noticed under task manager - Background processes there is a file called: F1 2018 Executable. I tried to shut it down but it wont work unless i restart my computer. This happens after I try to open the game and then close steam which forces the game to shut down. Ive tried open the game and wait for 10 minutes before I close steam but nothing comes up. It is as if it is lauched but it does not show up on my task bar or task manager. I read this on steam support site and it is called "silent crash". Obviously the "crash" happens when i close steam...

On steam it says it is running, but no windows shows up, nothing on the taskbar, nothing in the task manager

I also atached my dx file thing here.!

DxDiag.txt

Hi again! Thanks for keeping us updated and for the extra info. Do you have a hardware settings file that you can send us, please? 

How to send us your in-game hardware settings file

• Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed
  • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\<game_folder>\hardwaresettings\"
  • Locate the file "hardware_settings_config.xml" and send this to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

3 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi again! Thanks for keeping us updated and for the extra info. Do you have a hardware settings file that you can send us, please? 

• Locate the file "hardware_settings_config.xml" and send this to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

@Faya no, the F1 2018 folder does not exist in my Documents/game folder. I mentioned that on my first post 🙂

i tried to find some kind of download for a f1 2018 folder but could not find any. 

On 2/14/2019 at 11:26 AM, Faya said:

Okey so i managed to fix it! I found a download for the f1 2018 game folder and pasted it to my documents/my games folder. Thanks for the help everyone! 🙂